Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruiz vs. Wilder and Fury II vs Wilder II are bigger fights than AJ vs. Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree these are the bigger fights to be made in the U.S. Across the HW division, I would think AJ vs. Ruiz would be bigger if held in the U.K. or even Los Angeles. An AJ/Klitschko rematch would also be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Why do you think Joey Spencer's 6 rd fight was the co-main last night? When was the last time you've seen a card where the co-main was a prospect going 6 rds in his 7th fight?

It wasn't a walkout bout that had to be moved up. It was billed as the co-main
      Joey Spencer is a big hypejob and a KO waiting to happen. The kid must be popular idk...

Fury is legit. Calling him a great White hope is not giving the guy the credit for his skills that he deserves. He is no 'hope', he proved he is legit and that's why Wilder Vs Fury will do big numbers next time. The 2 best Heavyweights going at it in a rematch when their first fight was exciting and controversial. Nothing to do with the 'great white 'hope' or 'american hypejob' going at it. It's the most skilled and slickest boxer Vs the hardest puncher in the Heavyweight division. Classic matchup

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
        Joey Spencer is a big hypejob and a KO waiting to happen. The kid must be popular idk...

Fury is legit. Calling him a great White hope is not giving the guy the credit for his skills that he deserves.
        You're confusing the great white hype with the great white hope. I even said Fury can win so I'm not discrediting anything about Fury

Comment

Do you live in America and understand the demographics here?
          Yes I do. I don't think you understand what demographics mean, or how it relates to this conversation though

Comment

Undisputed fights should always be bigger, Ruiz is the unified and his profile is growing especially with the KO of Joshua. Fury is the number one guy at HW currently and his getting bigger name-wise, Wilder is getting or making noise with his recent brutal KO. So yeah the only way is up for them three. I don't think anyone of them are at that level of Joshua yet, even in losing his name is still out there. So no they aren't really bigger fights without Joshua's name.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Yes I do. I don't think you understand what demographics mean, or how it relates to this conversation though
              A white fighter with an actual chance to win is a huge seller. Look at the first fight. Almost 400k PPV's for a relatively unknown Fury in the states. Once the promotion kicked in & people became aware of him it sold well. Now they saw he's actually good the second fight is going to be even bigger. Look at the ratings from the Mikela show. People tuned in to see Fury because they didn't know he was fighting on the app.

Ruiz Mexican fanbase is bigger than AJ's US fanbase.

Joshua is to dull for America.

Comment

Ruiz & Fury tick the right boxes.

Ruiz: Mexican fanbase against an African American fighter

Fury: Great white hope (who could actually win) against African American fighter

Those are the main demographics you want to shoot for in America.
                LOL. Anthony Joshua is drawing and making bigger numbers than all those other 3 fighters put together. Get a grip of your hate young man.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                  LOL. Anthony Joshua is drawing and making bigger numbers than all those other 3 fighters put together. Get a grip of your hate young man.
                  Not in the US where it matters. Didn't sell out MSG. Around 100k watched on DAZN. He became known after the fight for getting beat up by a fat Mexican guy. No casual fan takes him serious. He's only used for jokes and memes.

Another UK hype job exposed as soon as they set foot on American soil. The whole card was full of UK hype jobs being exposed

Comment

Not in the US where it matters. Didn't sell out MSG. Around 100k watched on DAZN. He became known after the fight for getting beat up by a fat Mexican guy. No casual fan takes him serious. He's only used for jokes and memes.

Another UK hype job exposed as soon as they set foot on American soil. The whole card was full of UK hype jobs being exposed
                    Not in the US where it matters, rest of the world dont count. Got it. God bless America and all that is wonderful about it.

So the "house" fighters if you want to call them that got put in tough fights with some of them losing and some of them coming very close and you are complaining about the card? Not enough PBC protection racket mismatches for you?

Comment

Joshua is the biggest draw in the heavyweight division. He makes the most money.

Comment

Working...
                      X