No announcement yet.

Spence: If Crawford wants 50/50 he dont want the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
    I really don't give a sh#t about that whole purse split stuff sorry.
    Spence making these comments just tells me he is not eager to fight Crawford in the same way he is eager to fight Thurman/Porter/Pacquiao. But he admitted to that when he told Crawford
    'why not go the easy route instead of fighting you (Crawford) and just knock Shawn Porter out'. Just disappointing stuff from the so called 'boogeyman'
    You do give a ****. That's why you was the first to comment.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      Most likely Crawford 55/45 you're right
      Maybe if you're a delusional fanboy

Spence's first PPV did more than Crawford's first two combined. Crawford's numbers are so bad they won't even officially release them

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        I like your overall mindset here....HOWEVER, it just isn't reality. Sorry, the splits ARE relevant in these types of fights regardless of how much you or the fans don't care about. Do you want to live in a fantasy world where stuff like this doesn't matter and pretend we will be able to get every fight just off a 50/50 split?
        I told you let the lawyers and promoters figure it out .Do you think Leonard went into the hagler fight and said I want less money than hagler.He went in thinking he was a side and wanted at least 50/50 he settled for way less .Have any of you ever done a business deal you go in with an amount way higher than what you will settle for .If I go in at 50% my number might be 40.leonard had been off and made hagler squirm for a chance to fight him.Srl knew what his bottom line was but sold himself as top dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          You do give a ****. That's why you was the first to comment.
          I was the first to comment my disappointment in Spence's attitude towards the Crawford fight. I never said anything regarding the whole split BS. I don't care about their money, I want to see the fight. That's why I commented

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
            Maybe if you're a delusional fanboy

Spence's first PPV did more than Crawford's first two combined. Crawford's numbers are so bad they won't even officially release them

Thanks to Mikey Garcia short as;s fighting for a 5th division title.

Crawford is more proven than Spence, no way Spence should get more money.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
              Thanks to Mikey Garcia short as;s fighting for a 5th division title.

Crawford is more proven than Spence, no way Spence should get more money.
              Crawford is more proven at what? Being a draw? Absolutely not, numbers don't lie.

You fanboys don't realize that boxing is a business. Spence is a bigger draw and has more leverage. Therefore 50/50 is not happening

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
                I told you let the lawyers and promoters figure it out .Do you think Leonard went into the hagler fight and said I want less money than hagler.He went in thinking he was a side and wanted at least 50/50 he settled for way less .Have any of you ever done a business deal you go in with an amount way higher than what you will settle for .If I go in at 50% my number might be 40.leonard had been off and made hagler squirm for a chance to fight him.Srl knew what his bottom line was but sold himself as top dog.
                That is fine, the promoters/advisors are the ones that will figure it out anyways. But doesn't mean it can't be a discussion point on here. Just saying, expecting it to be a smooth 50/50 process for all these fights is unrealistic.

And SRL and Hagler deal was something you may want to listen to Arum on. SRL took a higher guarantee while Hagler took the upside deal and ended up making more than SRL...Which SRL was not happy about...AT ALL lol.

Comment

Lets look at their respective earnings over their last few fights.

Crawford:

versus Indongo - $1M
                  versus Horn - $3M
                  versus Benavidez - $3.6M
                  versus Khan - $5.5M minimum

Spence:

versus Brook - $1M
                  versus Peterson - $1.2M
                  versus Ocampo - $1.2M
                  versus Garcia - $3M

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                    In no way does Crawford deserve 50/50
                    Pardon me I believe a three weight, one weight undisputed and still undefeated world champion is well and truly worthy of at least a 50/50 split with someone who's only ever held one belt above his head.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      Lets look at their respective earnings over their last few fights.

Crawford:

versus Indongo - $1M
                      versus Horn - $3M
                      versus Benavidez - $3.6M
                      versus Khan - $5.5M minimum

Spence:

versus Brook - $1M
                      versus Peterson - $1.2M
                      versus Ocampo - $1.2M
                      versus Garcia - $3M
                      You're a fool if you think that's what those fighters are getting paid. Why do y'all still post this misleading info? Spence talks about this in the video.

Spence gets paid from the fight
                      From Man Down promotions
                      From a percentage of the PPV
                      A lower manager fee
                      And he doesn't have a promoter taking a cut

Comment

Working...
                      X