Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux Makes it a 'Fight' - Stops Ceja in WBC Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was an insane left that dropped Ceja... but as usual Russell 'Moe-Ronn' Mora needs to be banned from boxing permanently for his totally inept job as ref yet again. Ceja would've been stopped soon enough afterwards, but that was classic early stoppage footage indeed.

Kind of concerning though, to see Rigo in such a grueling back and forth fight. Wondering if he's lost a step or two, or if he really planned it to go that way.

Comment

Good action packed fight. Sure Rigo lost a step or two but he is still in great shape and brings it. Props to both guys!

Comment

What a dumbass you are Cejas! WTF is this shyte?! Guillermo could of been iced like Nate Cambell being this arrogant. Still, I like this 'Rocky' version of Rigo; much more entertaining than the quitter we seen vs. Lomachenko.

Rey Vargas-Tomoki Kameda next.

Comment

Got mixed feelings about this fight. On the one hand it was an exciting show from Rigo, but there was basically no sign of the guile and craft he built his career on. Was that deliberate or is it because he's lost something as he approaches 40? It was a great punch that led to the end of the fight, but it was a trash stoppage. Yes, Ceja was hurt when he first went down, but at the end of the ten count he looked like he'd recovered and looked good to go. At least give the guy a chance, he was in the fight. It seems like bad referees like Mora and even some of the really infamous judges that you could name can just get away with anything they want without getting fired.

Comment

Oh look a quitter who thinks if he has a barn burner against a smaller non threatening opponent it will make people forget he has no balls and is a quitter.

Comment

... I'll never understand why some "Americans" never liked the old Cuban master...

Comment

I didn't think Rigo had it in him! Rigo and Lara fighting more in the pocket (probably due to age) is a nice thing to see! The stoppage was early, but the outcome would've been the same!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                  Terrible stoppage. Cejas & Acosta both got d-icked this weekend. Side note: Rigos legs are gone
                  Yeah I thought it looked like his age showed a bit in that fight.

Comment

How old is Rigo now? 44? 45? Of course he would show his “Age”. The legs looked gone.

Comment

Rigo has a masters power great to see him back looking confident but hate to see him dumb his fight strategy down for these casual @ss, blood lusting, give their less athletic man crush a chance to win fans. What’s telling is Loma is evasive and strategic and he walks on water.

Saw this result coming because I know Rigos power is sick. But the human body has limits over time. Eventually taking these punches will impact the mind and body.
                      Last edited by Fire4231; 06-24-2019, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X