Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So is the AJ vs Ruiz rematch cancelled?? Is it Usyk vs Ruiz now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is the AJ vs Ruiz rematch cancelled?? Is it Usyk vs Ruiz now?

Usyk now mandatory for WBO, does that mean he gotta fight Ruiz right away, no rematch for AJ anymore?

Or could we see Hearn pulling AJ out of the Ruiz rematch, letting Usyk take care of Ruiz then making Usyk vs AJ, as he controls both fighters?

Also, does WBO mandatory mean he can only fight for the wbo title. So say he fights Ruiz and beats him, does he only win the wbo belt and Ruiz gets to keep the other belts?

I think they'll vacate the WBO belt.

Comment

Ruiz better not duck Usyk like the other Heavyweights

Comment

The winner of Aj Ruiz has to take that fight not immediate mandatory never understand how whyte still can’t get a title shot and a man that never fought at the weight is immediate mandatory

Comment

Usyk fights the winner next, WBO is next in the rotation. Unless Ruiz wins and vacates

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
            The winner of Aj Ruiz has to take that fight not immediate mandatory never understand how whyte still can’t get a title shot and a man that never fought at the weight is immediate mandatory
            WBO is next in the rotation of mandatories of those 3 belts

Comment

I think Hearn has made a planned move here for his own gain lol, he has Usyk and Whyte in line for the WBO, if Ruiz wins the AJ rematch then those two would probably try and get their shot at Ruiz. So it’s either vacate or fight Usyk, and if it’s Usyk then I would pick him to out box Ruiz.

Comment

Is it true that unification trumps mandatories?

Comment

Ruiz unification with Wilder would trump the mandotary

Comment

Originally posted by moochi View Post
                    I think they'll vacate the WBO belt.
                    Hearn said something the other day that sounded strange. I can’t remember exactly but he said “early next year when the belts are fragmented” when talking about something,

That sounds like Ruiz or AJ are probably going to vacate some after their fight.

Just seemed an odd thing to say, considering he’s always talked about Joshua wanting all the belts. So if he feels AJ is going to beat Ruiz, why would the belts get spread around?

Maybe Hearn wants to spread the belts around as long as his fighters have them. He works with Usyk. He might not want to risk PBC getting all the belts, so it’s safer if he has more than 1 HW champ.

Comment

Working...
                    X