Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andrew Cancio Repeats, Knocks Out Alberto Machado in Three

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LINEAL/WBA WORLD SUPER FEATHERWEIGHT TITLE?

How was this fight about the "lineal" champ?

Comment

• Seriously - almost the exact same livershot, right on the button? Damn, and here was me figuring Cancio maybe got a lil fortunate with that one last time. Gotta say I'm major happy for Andrew though, love that Cinderella ish and sounds like he's a good dude as well.

WAR CANCIO!!!

Comment

• Mr. Glass AJ better take heed. If he's dumb enough to go through with the rematch or snake Hearn forces him into it, Ruiz will also stop him quicker and more brutally the second time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dick Donovan
          Machado managed to beat the count, but failed to convince referee
          He did NOT beat the count, dumb@ss!

Comment

• Machado needs to learn how to use distance and develop a stiffer jab. He was leaning all the way in to land punches. He won't learn that from Roach.

Comment

• Originally posted by BestPR View Post
              ...I'm gonna keep drinking till I pass out, and hate waking up in the morning...with no Puerto Rican world champions...no the ones not born here don't count!!!
              Somewhere on that island there is a young boy with the talent to become the next 1. I feel your pain bro I'm new yorican& been dying for a warrior to emerge from the mother land since cotto lost to margarito the 1st time

Comment

• Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
                Despite the very questionable circumstances at the end of the Acosta fight, PR boxing took another big hit w/ both of these KO losses tonight. Machado, regardless of the fact that hes been needing to move up, is a good fighter but has looked average against the only solid guys hes faced in Corrales(Despite knocking him out) & Cancio. Gets hit & leaves himself open too much to be able to take on the top guys. Hope the move up does him better. Dark times right now for my PR fighters. 🇵🇷
                He won't get any better with Roach. Roach is great at what he does but Machado needs someone that can teach him to box not brawl. He need to learn how to use his jab and reach & enhance his defense, something that Roach won't teach him.

Comment

• Machado said after the fight to reporters that even if he won this fight it was going to be his last fight at 130, that he was moving up weight regardless after this. He should of never took this fight. I said it at the time if it was all the weight then move up after the first loss you already have a built in excuse and you can easily rebuild yourself at 135. Golden boy who co-promotes Machado is on record saying they wanted him to move up. It was Machado and Cotto (his main promoter) that executed rematch clause and pushed for the second fight after he was dominated the first time.. Not only lost but knocked out again faster might of ruined his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                    He won't get any better with Roach. Roach is great at what he does but Machado needs someone that can teach him to box not brawl. He need to learn how to use his jab and reach & enhance his defense, something that Roach won't teach him.
                    He looked bad after he made the coach change in that Carlos Morales fight. He was badly hurt and spent the entire final round crawling on the canvas and holding on for dear life to escape with a win. Then next fight was the title shot and again was hurt bad and was losing the fight until the knockout punch stopped corrales. A lot of people were saying Roach is a bad for for Machado. He rattled off a couple wins after Corrales where he looked good and people said maybe it just took time for him and Roach to click but looking back now it was probably more about good match making then anything else.

2 fights with Cancio, Morales and Corrales. That's 4 of the 6 fights since he hired Roach where he was hurt badly in all those fights. And he doesn't fight like a tall man in any of those fights

Comment

• Machado quit. If you say Joshua quit - this was 100% more of a quit than that.

Comment

Working...
                      X