No announcement yet.

Arum says he doesn't have the budget to do Crawford/Brook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arum says he doesn't have the budget to do Crawford/Brook

Should he send Crawford to DAZN fight Brook like he did for Ramirez?

Is it time for Crawford to consider a buyout of his contract?

"I don’t know. Kell Brook, having seen how much money we paid Khan to do it on pay-per-view — I don’t want to put Terence on PPV again until he fights Errol Spence,” the Nevada-based promoter*told the Everast “Talkbox” listeners.

“Again, if it’s on pay-per-view, it’s a relatively limited audience. If it’s on ESPN, it gets maybe a couple million people or more watching. I think we owe that to Terence and that’s what we’re gonna do, have him fight in Omaha or Lincoln this fall.”

Brook’s ask, he said, might be too stiff because the budget for the promotion wouldn’t be as large if it wasn’t a PPV event.
    https://www.badlefthook.com/2019/6/1...oxing-top-rank

does bud have a buyout clause? and whats the price?

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      does bud have a buyout clause? and whats the price?
      Idk but he better start calculating. Arum is basing Crawford's career on PBC making him a star. Well what's the point of having Arum?

Comment

Brook should take the fight anyway. Getting to fight Crawford is a big opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
          Brook should take the fight anyway. Getting to fight Crawford is a big opportunity.
          A big opportunity to get his eye caved in again for pennies?

Comment

I think there just isn't enough meat on the bone for both fighters to meet their demands. Crawford earned about $3.5M for his last fight, and Brook will probably want that or more to come to the U.S. and fight again. We already know Crawford isn't a PPV attraction in the U.S., so even if he were to sign with PBC, he probably earns the same $2-3M the other PBC welters are earning.

Comment

Translation: Crawford-Khan bombed and this is basically the same show, so we don’t want to do that again. We would do it on free TV but it would hurt Brook’s feelings that Khan gets PPV treatment and he doesn’t... so it might not happen.

Comment

He should have signed with Golden Boy Promotions and DAZN!!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  I think there just isn't enough meat on the bone for both fighters to meet their demands. Crawford earned about $3.5M for his last fight, and Brook will probably want that or more to come to the U.S. and fight again. We already know Crawford isn't a PPV attraction in the U.S., so even if he were to sign with PBC, he probably earns the same $2-3M the other PBC welters are earning.
                  You really think they're only making what's reported to the commission?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    You really think they're only making what's reported to the commission?
                    It's tough to say. I don't know how much sponsors are paying the networks to advertise during fights for the non-PPV events. That's where the money would have to come from for a FOX or ESPN fight, and I'm not sure how much they are shelling out for Crawford vs. Benavidez or Spence vs. Ocampo. I do think these fighters would be boasting more about earning more if they were really getting more than the reported $2 - 3M per fight. If for no other reason it's used for leverage during negotiations.

Comment

Working...
                    X