No announcement yet.

Joshua vs Bruno - who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshua vs Bruno - who wins?

Both big bodybuilder looking types that were world champs but couldn’t really cut it at the top level, both share characteristics of being hit and staying hit and finished. Neither dealt with that kind of pressure well.

Who would win in a matchup between them in this good solid B level HW fight?

I fancy Joshua.From what I read Bruno had the ability but his mindset let him down a lot .I know that accusation can be levelled at Joshua now following the Ruiz fight but that just maybe be a blip?

Comment

If AJ is B level I guess the entire division is ? Lets not get dumbed down ,one loss doesn't make AJ B level . Ruiz himself may beat everyone Bruno fought excluding Tyson and Lewis. Losing to top rated guys doesn't make a fighter B level. Ha AJ will get by Ruiz and reclaim number one rankings as unified champion.

I favor AJ over Bruno , to big strong, I don't think Bruno has the speed nor style to get the win .

Comment

I think Bruno wins this one. Both big punchers, Bruno had a better chin and was willing to grit it out. A 50/50 really, but I'd just favour Bruno.

Comment

I got Bruno in this one!

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
            If AJ is B level I guess the entire division is ? Lets not get dumbed down ,one loss doesn't make AJ B level . Ruiz himself may beat everyone Bruno fought excluding Tyson and Lewis. Losing to top rated guys doesn't make a fighter B level. Ha AJ will get by Ruiz and reclaim number one rankings as unified champion.

I favor AJ over Bruno , to big strong, I don't think Bruno has the speed nor style to get the win .
            A level fighters can jab and fight going backwards and move their head, B level is still good nothing wrong with that....... but he has some things to work on to be labeled an elite A level fighter, there aren't many of those right.

Comment

The Frank Bruno that fought Lennox Lewis, may well beat both Joshua & Fury.

Infact stylistically I think Bruno beats Tyson Fury, 'Bruno when it came to fundamentals was solid, it was also a myth that he would crumble soon as he was hurt, it was just that when he was badly hurt? It was as if he had no back up auto pilot'

Frank Bruno was only beaten by world champions, and none of them had a easy night with him 'Only Mike Tyson in the rematch made quick work of him, but judging by Bruno's autobiography? Bruno probably should not of taken that fight'.

Lennox Lewis, Mike Tyson x2, James 'Bone Crusher' Smith, Tim Witherspoon.
              Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 06-20-2019, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                I think Bruno wins this one. Both big punchers, Bruno had a better chin and was willing to grit it out. A 50/50 really, but I'd just favour Bruno.
                Exactly how I see it. It’s essentially who lands a damaging shot on who first as both struggle to recover. I’d favour Bruno though, his chin wasn’t as bad as people like to suggest.

Comment

Joshua's career isn't finished yet so it's too early to say he didn't cut it at the top level, one loss can't determine that especially when he has beaten better fighters than Ruiz.

It would be a good fight and Frank would give AJ a lot of problems with his superior jab but I think he would eventually get stopped in 8ish rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                    A level fighters can jab and fight going backwards and move their head, B level is still good nothing wrong with that....... but he has some things to work on to be labeled an elite A level fighter, there aren't many of those right.
                    B level fighters dont get multiple title defenses out of the thing air, just stop. They also are able to actually get title defenses as well ,is fury a B level guy since he has no title defenses ?

If you were around in the Lewis era ,did you jump up and down at his first loss to a B level fighter claiming Lewis was B level ? Ha Ha

Comment

Working...
                    X