Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather doesn't get the credit he deserves for the thorough schooling of JMM

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather doesn't get the credit he deserves for the thorough schooling of JMM

What a spectacular one sided display put on by Mayweather that fight. Marquez tried his best to get something going, even hit Mayweather with some very good shots, but Mayweather took them and smiled, but when Mayweather hit him, Marquez went TIMBER!!!!

Pacquaio went through 4 very tough wars with Marquez. It it only took Mayweather 1 fight.

Very underrated and overlooked win.

Tremendous performance. Marquez proved he was a quality WW a few years later by knocking out Pacquiao and competing with Bradley in a tight fight.

Floyd blowing off the catchweight was unnecessary though. Still at the WW limit, but he should have made 144. Oh well, definitely was a great performance even against a smaller fighter when you consider he was off for almost two years.

Comment

No credit given...jmm went up 2 divisions made weight only to get cheated on the scales by floyd...

Comment

Some Mexicans claim Floyd was bought off to beat JMM and Canelo because those 2 were too skilled to lose to Floyd. Smh crazy talk. Floyd dominated both. He gets props considering his long lay off and older age.

Comment

It was a flawless performance but I put it in the same category as Loma-Rigo, Spence-Mikey or if you want to go back in history Leonard-Duran 2, Robinson-Armstrong or even Ali-Foster.

In the sense that it was an elite fighter beating another elite fighter but there are weight divisions for a reason and each of the victors had natural advantages they were able to utilise.

It was a boxing master class but I don’t think it’s an impressive a performance as Canelo, Cotto, Corrales etc.

Comment

I wouldn't give credit either. Is like telling a 135 fighter like Lomachenko to fight Crawford at 147.

The weight classes are there for a reason.

Comment

To ensure ring rust wouldn’t play a factor, just in case, scandalize the weigh in from a guy 2 weight classes below. Imagine if Loma had agreed to the Rigo catchweight only to fail the weight and pay the fee.

Comment

So Floyd deserves all the credit for beating JMM who came up two weight classes while drinking his own urine, but Loma doesn't deserve credit for schooling Rigo and making him quit? Don't forget, Floyd also insisted on a catchweight which he didn't bother to honor, and refused to be weighed on the day of the fight.

Comment

No credit given. Superior fighters dont need to cheat on the scales especially if you already have the size advantage. That’s lame.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                    It was a flawless performance but I put it in the same category as Loma-Rigo, Spence-Mikey or if you want to go back in history Leonard-Duran 2, Robinson-Armstrong or even Ali-Foster.

In the sense that it was an elite fighter beating another elite fighter but there are weight divisions for a reason and each of the victors had natural advantages they were able to utilise.

It was a boxing master class but I don’t think it’s an impressive a performance as Canelo, Cotto, Corrales etc.
                    I don't get the Leonard vs Duran reference here. What do you mean? I mean Duran started at a smaller weight class, but eventually was fighting at MW...And won a title there. And of course he beat SRL the first time around.

Comment

Working...
                    X