Let's make it clear... Fury was not 'out of it' in round 12

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    fury says a lot of things.

he was in control of the situation the entire time from the moment wilder caught him till he got up.
    I agree with you. I think he's played up the whole "I was out cold for four seconds" story just for the drama of it.

Comment

"Perfectly fine" lol what? He just took a nice 2 piece that put him down like I'd never seen Fury put down before.

Idk that you are THAT flat on your back after that sorta 2 piece if you are perfectly fine.

That said he for sure recovered fast or got a dose of adrenaline from that situation that got him back into the fight & then some once he got up. I also tend to think he was out for some period of time like he claims & likely got fully or partially woken up by the fall as can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
        Interesting.. do you think it was less powerful than the punches that ended Joshua by Ruiz ?
        The shots that landed on AJ were more prone to daze him. That's the temple and back of ear and its also AJ walking into them.

Wilder caught Fury on the way down ( more off balance shots )and didn't get the full force behind it to catch Fury CLEAN .

Anyone saying Fury was out is a jack azz bc you don't have your eyes open when you're knocked out and then proceed to win the round and actually stun the other guy. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          "Perfectly fine" lol what? He just took a nice 2 piece that put him down like I'd never seen Fury put down before.

Idk that you are THAT flat on your back after that sorta 2 piece if you are perfectly fine.

That said he for sure recovered fast or got a dose of adrenaline from that situation that got him back into the fight & then some once he got up. I also tend to think he was out for some period of time like he claims & likely got fully or partially woken up by the fall as can happen.
          Fury himself said that it took him 4 seconds to recover.

Not at any stage was he wobbling on his legs after the knockdown. He actually finished the round much stronger than Wilder.

I agree with Szef. Fury WAS fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            I'm sure 9/10 refs would call it if you are still laying on your back at the count of 6
            If they appear KOed...then a lot of refs would probably call it. Fury probably saved himself by looking Jack Reiss in the eyes when Reiss came over to him...hard to tell what happened in the first 4 seconds from my vantage point. But from 5 seconds on Fury was looking at Reiss and alert and that probably saved him there. Started to get up right after that as well.

Comment

I mean...the best way to tell if a guy is really hurt from a KD is 1) did he get up? If not then he is really hurt.

If he gets up, then move to question 2) did he appear affected from the KD and did he fight differently afterwards?

I haven't studied that fight enough to be the judge of that but if he fights differently then he is pretty clearly hurt. How bad he looks is probably a sign of how bad he was hurt.

Ruiz-Joshua fight a good recent example of this. Ruiz took that huge shot/combo from Joshua but somehow got up and didn't appear affected. That wasn't a flash KD but it essentially was as far as how hurt Ruiz was.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                I mean...the best way to tell if a guy is really hurt from a KD is 1) did he get up? If not then he is really hurt.

If he gets up, then move to question 2) did he appear affected from the KD and did he fight differently afterwards?

I haven't studied that fight enough to be the judge of that but if he fights differently then he is pretty clearly hurt. How bad he looks is probably a sign of how bad he was hurt.

Ruiz-Joshua fight a good recent example of this. Ruiz took that huge shot/combo from Joshua but somehow got up and didn't appear affected. That wasn't a flash KD but it essentially was as far as how hurt Ruiz was.
                Fury fought different alright after the 12th rnd knockdown, he STUNNED Wilder and had him holding ? lol

That tells you the answer to the idiot brigade on here on how fury was out , yet somehow managed to win the round after that by still boxing coherently...hes OUT doe ?

Going into chins is another topic,and styles. The aggressive counter puncher is the style AJ has to worry about neither Fury nor Wilder is that and they are very tall making it a more comfortable style for AJ ,ppl are to dumb on here to understand that and Ruiz certainly has an iron chin , otherwise that left hook would have stretched him out .So it wasn't a flash knockdown ,Ruiz is lucky Aj missed by a inch with ta follow up uppercut on the inside after the knockdown and instead got caught himself, but I guess ppl don't really study fights om here either ? lol

Comment

His back fat prevented the back of his head from hitting the canvas and his head/neck moved enough in the air when he got hit to absorb a good amount of the power.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                    If you want to see a really hurt Fury, check out the 3rd round of the Firtha fight.
                    No man born from his mother can beat Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                      No man born from his mother can beat Fury.
                      Agreed, Fury has come through tough fights and made him the fighter he is today.

Firtha was a solid opponent for a rookie Fury, he'd probably give Wilder & AJ a good fight even now.

Comment

Working...
                      X