Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Lee: If I Come at My Best Possible - I Can Beat Caleb Plant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mike Lee: If I Come at My Best Possible - I Can Beat Caleb Plant

By Thomas Gerbasi - Mike Lee's first world title fight is still a month away, but IBF super middleweight champion Caleb Plant has already started firing at the challenger. There are no family insults, off-color remarks or anything of that nature, but Plant has made it clear that he believes he and Lee have taken different pa...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Knock 'em out, son!

Comment

No, you can’t.

Comment

he's stepping up. credit to him for that. plant can fight and he's in his prime. i wouldn't want to f#cking fight him

what bothers people about mike lee is that guys take a beating for a hell of a lot less than mike lee has made making subway commercials. he's kind of whoring himself out in that regard. he's had it "easy" in boxing up until now. his success has had little or nothing to do with his talent in the ring so far. he's fought club fighters. he is a club fighter. but he's made it to TV in more ways than one and made a good amount of money i am sure. and people don't like it.

i wish him luck, he will not have an easy night.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          he's stepping up. credit to him for that. plant can fight and he's in his prime. i wouldn't want to f#cking fight him

what bothers people about mike lee is that guys take a beating for a hell of a lot less than mike lee has made making subway commercials. he's kind of whoring himself out in that regard. he's had it "easy" in boxing up until now. his success has had little or nothing to do with his talent in the ring so far. he's fought club fighters. he is a club fighter. but he's made it to TV in more ways than one and made a good amount of money i am sure. and people don't like it.

i wish him luck, he will not have an easy night.
          I remember a post where you were highly critical of Mike Lee. I'm paraphrasing but I think it was along the lines of "Mike Lee will never amount to anything, yada, yada, yada." And I called you out on it - wish I could find the post.

Anyway, this title shot is the culmination of years of Lee's persistence, hardwork and dedication. I wish him the best, he's earned this shot.
          Last edited by BostonGuy; 06-19-2019, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            I remember a post where you were highly critical of Mike Lee. I'm paraphrasing but I think it was along the lines of "Mike Lee will never amount to anything, yada, yada, yada." And I called you out on it - wish I could find the post.

Anyway, this title shot is the culmination of years of Lee's persistence, hardwork and dedication. I wish him the best, he's earned this shot.

are you f#cking kidding me dude? tell me all about the guys he beat to get a shot at a world title. i would love to hear this. he is a club fighter.

he's getting gifted a shot at a world title. that is not amounting to anything! he has 21 fights in nine years as a pro. hard work doe. his last opponent was just barely ranked in the top 200. i can't even find rankings on his opponent prior to that.

you know who chris traetti is? answer me without googling. let's see if you're really a boston guy!

so you think he's earned a shot, huh? proved me wrong, did he?

bump the thread if he wins. holy **** are you out of touch if you think this guy has accomplished anything in boxing by getting handed a title shot based on his body of work. he got handed a title shot because of his body of work in a subway commercial. he has one of the most manufactured runs to a world title that i have ever seen.

Comment

Mike Lee via upset win. I made about 3k on Andy Ruiz gonna put it all on Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by 1mb11 View Post
                Mm. I can't see it. He doesn't have a lot of experience at 168. Being used to fighting larger might be seen as an advantage but in some cases it really isn't if you can't adapt your fight style to a lower weight class. Very few fighters have done that successfully. Plus Plant is getting tipped off by Toney, who would have been absolute nightmare for Mike Lee's aggressive style.

Comment

Originally posted by 1mb11 View Post
                  Wow good luck my friend. I kicked my gambling habit down a notch but I hope you do win. That would be nice.

Gambling is a bad itch.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    are you f#cking kidding me dude? tell me all about the guys he beat to get a shot at a world title. i would love to hear this. he is a club fighter.

he's getting gifted a shot at a world title. that is not amounting to anything! he has 21 fights in nine years as a pro. hard work doe. his last opponent was just barely ranked in the top 200. i can't even find rankings on his opponent prior to that.

you know who chris traetti is? answer me without googling. let's see if you're really a boston guy!

so you think he's earned a shot, huh? proved me wrong, did he?

bump the thread if he wins. holy **** are you out of touch if you think this guy has accomplished anything in boxing by getting handed a title shot based on his body of work. he got handed a title shot because of his body of work in a subway commercial. he has one of the most manufactured runs to a world title that i have ever seen.
                    I haven’t looked at Lee’s record but I don’t think he had an amateur career and he picked boxing instead of going to work as a financial advisor (after graduating Notre Dame). He also had some injuries that he has had to overcome.

All that aside, he’s put a lot of time into developing boxing skills and gaining some name recognition.

I guess you’re right that he didn’t earn his title shot in the traditional way but it was ironic that we had a similar convo about Lee years ago and now he’s fighting for a championship.

Comment

Working...
                    X