• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MindGame...

Rigondeaux by Wide Decision...

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      Apologies gentlemen... I had meant to get the leaderboard up to date before tonight's fight but I been out doing hippie stuff - bonfire and beer - and no way I'm starting on it now. Happy Solstice gentlemen and whether you're celebrating the longest or the shortest day, blessings and best wishes to you and yours.
      It might be a good idea to institute a rule that no new Pick 'Ems can be posted until the leaderboard has been updated with the results of the previous Pick 'Em.

If you need more helpers in order to stay current then so be it. I'm sure there would be plenty of posters willing to assist.

Comment

Damn Wicked

Machado, KO, mid

Rigondeaux, KO, mid

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          It might be a good idea to institute a rule that no new Pick 'Ems can be posted until the leaderboard has been updated with the results of the previous Pick 'Em.

If you need more helpers in order to stay current then so be it. I'm sure there would be plenty of posters willing to assist.

Ha ha ha. No. Ain't instituting a rule, man - don't really suit my style if you take my meaning... you guys are cool n'all but you don't get prioritised over my RL stuff. Only way there's any chance of that is if the Boxing Scene management dudes see fit to pay me for this ish.

That said it was always my intent to have 3 or 4 folk doing this interchangably so that if any one of us was busy or had other commitments (or had to drop out altogether) then the others could step in to fill the breach. In fact I never meant at the outset to do more than just keep the thing ticking over until someone else could take over.

Problem is the inputting side of things has a lil bit of a learning curve and also requires a bit of patience and precision and maybe some practical knowledge... thing is each of the other CREW dudes has always either had other commitments or been lacking either in the hardware (you can't easily do that ish on a mobile device) or the knowledge - some basic spreadsheet knowledge or a basic knowledge of html tabulation is useful.

If you're offering your help though, my man, it will be gratefully accepted, and - as stated on the masterthread OP - that same invitation extends to all players, though the CREW account password will only be given to players who have been a round a while and are in the green... um.. possibly put that to the vote as well actually. More people with access to the CREW account does also mean more possible sources of fuck up (or potential cheating) of course, but from the outset I've tried to make this shit as robust and checkable as possible so it ain't really too huge a worry for me.

Anyways - this is time I could be spending getting that updating done... I can get your frustration, but you just gonna have to bear with me for the time being.
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 06-23-2019, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Ha ha ha. No. Ain't instituting a rule, man - don't really suit my style if you take my meaning... you guys are cool n'all but you don't get prioritised over my RL stuff. Only way there's any chance of that is if the Boxing Scene management dudes see fit to pay me for this ish.

That said it was always my intent to have 3 or 4 folk doing this interchangably so that if any one of us was busy or had other commitments (or had to drop out altogether) then the others could step in to fill the breach. In fact I never meant at the outset to do more than just keep the thing ticking over until someone else could take over.

Problem is the inputting side of things has a lil bit of a learning curve and also requires a bit of patience and precision and maybe some practical knowledge... thing is each of the other CREW dudes has always either had other commitments or been lacking either in the hardware (you can't easily do that ish on a mobile device) or the knowledge - some basic spreadsheet knowledge or a basic knowledge of html tabulation is useful.

If you're offering your help though, my man, it will be gratefully accepted, and - as stated on the masterthread OP - that same invitation extends to all players, though the CREW account password will only be given to players who have been a round a while and are in the green... um.. possibly put that to the vote as well actually. More people with access to the CREW account does also mean more possible sources of fuck up (or potential cheating) of course, but from the outset I've tried to make this shit as robust and checkable as possible so it ain't really too huge a worry for me.

Anyways - this is time I could be spending getting that updating done... I can get your frustration, but you just gonna have to bear with me for the time being.
            Instituting that rule would ensure that the leaderboard gets updated promptly.

But I get it, hippies don't like rules or having an orderly system.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Instituting that rule would ensure that the leaderboard gets updated promptly.

But I get it, hippies don't like rules or having an orderly system.
              Pretty much, yeah... actually I just think such a rule would just flat out fail though and lead to the game stalling for weeks on end. No point in putting a rule in place that you've no belief you could adhere to. I'm often away and not online especially over summer (doing hippie stuff in fields) and no-one else that's shown any willingness to help running this has either been able to commit the time or has the confidence with computers/spreadsheets to guarantee that it'll be covered either.

Like I say though, if you're offering your assistance I'd absolutely welcome your help... are you volunteering? Damn, man, you want you could probably take over this ish - it's only a coupla hours a week now, and to be honest the grief I get from Ms Koba is hardly worth it.

Probably what I should do is post a step by step guide to what I do and the various pitfalls I've come across, work arounds and time saving techniques that allow me to just about stay on top of this ish... ultimately I put a lot of hours into figuring out solutions to the various problems involved and it would be a real waste for whoever else does it (either temporarily or permanently) to have to make all the same mistakes over again.
              Last edited by Citizen Koba; 06-23-2019, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Pretty much, yeah... actually I just think such a rule would just flat out fail though and lead to the game stalling for weeks on end. No point in putting a rule in place that you've no belief you could adhere to. I'm often away and not online especially over summer (doing hippie stuff in fields) and no-one else that's shown any willingness to help running this has either been able to commit the time or has the confidence with computers/spreadsheets to guarantee that it'll be covered either.

... ultimately I put a lot of hours into figuring out solutions to the various problems involved and it would be a real waste for whoever else does it (either temporarily or permanently) to have to make all the same mistakes over again.
                Bro. Being a week or so late on the tabulations is no big deal. I seriously doubt anybody else is taking it that heavy. There's been communication, which makes all the difference.
                Plus, there ain't a damn thing stopping anybody from adding up the scores themselves, if they are feeling pressed. I went and added up my own, as well as a few near me on the leaderboard, just to see where I was at. It ain't that heavy, and should be nothing but recreation, IMO. If it ever becomes like "work", ship it. (can never please everybody).
                A "rule" like that has the potential to ruin the entire game.

Just my meager input.

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
                  Bro. Being a week or so late on the tabulations is no big deal. I seriously doubt anybody else is taking it that heavy. There's been communication, which makes all the difference.
                  Plus, there ain't a damn thing stopping anybody from adding up the scores themselves, if they are feeling pressed. I went and added up my own, as well as a few near me on the leaderboard, just to see where I was at. It ain't that heavy, and should be nothing but recreation, IMO. If it ever becomes like "work", ship it. (can never please everybody).
                  A "rule" like that has the potential to ruin the entire game.

Just my meager input.
                  Appreciated, man. That's how I tend to take it, it can be a bit of a pain in the ass at times but in the main I enjoy doing it - ain't gonna stress over it though and feel like I gotta meet a deadline... in fact there's almost nothing surer to make me not wanna do something.

I do aim to keep it fairly up to date but if I don't - well, dudes just gonna have to wait or figure it out for themselves.

Comment

Rigendoux. Idk how to spell his name and I don’t care because you know who I’m picking. Decision. Wide.

Of all the regular players, I think I’ve missed the most picks.

Comment

Appreciated, man. That's how I tend to take it, it can be a bit of a pain in the ass at times but in the main I enjoy doing it - ain't gonna stress over it though and feel like I gotta meet a deadline... in fact there's almost nothing surer to make me not wanna do something.

I do aim to keep it fairly up to date but if I don't - well, dudes just gonna have to wait or figure it out for themselves.

Hey man, I appreciate all the work you do here. I'm sure it's no easy task. Thanks for your efforts.

Comment

Working...
                      X