Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chad Dawson: In Tip-Top Shape I Can Beat Top Guys at 175!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chad Dawson: In Tip-Top Shape I Can Beat Top Guys at 175!

There are many reasons why some professional fighters hang on longer than most people think they should. Some need the money. Others miss the limelight. Chad Dawson is simply motivated by the thrill of victory and an opportunity to reclaim his throne atop the light heavyweight division.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Only 37. Seems like he’s been around for 25 years

Comment

Dawson was never that great even in his prime. He'll get killed in today's division, especially at 37.

Comment

Chad, when you were younger, Andre Ward knocked you out. Call it a career, champ. Don’t go out like Jermain or Meldrick Taylor.

Comment

Dawson has (5) losses when he was in “tip top shape.” At 34, he got stopped in the 10th by Fonfara who had 4 losses prior. At 32, he lost a split decision to Karpency who he 4 losses prior. A month away from 31, he got stopped in the 1st round by Adonis Stevenson. He was stopped by Ward in the 10th round at 30 years old. At 28, after an accidental head butt against Pascal in the final minute of the 11th round produced a bleeding cut over his right eye that forced Canadian referee Mike Griffen to stop the bout and he loss on a technical decision. Pascal was gassed in that fight and Chad couldn’t take advantage of that.

Chad at 37 can’t beat any of the top light heavyweights. The version of Chad minus the Pascal fight under 30 years of age probably could. That version beat Glen Johnson twice, Tarver twice, Adamek, Harding, and Hopkins arguably twice.

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
            Dawson was never that great even in his prime. He'll get killed in today's division, especially at 37.
            I haven't been 37 yet & maybe ur right Dawson has too many miles at this point? However at fighters have accomplished great things past the age of 37..

Rooting for Chad maybe he should stay retired??

In this economy it's very hard to stay retired. Not trying to put Dawson on blast but I recall him selling one of his tacky cars on Craigslist. I hope he has more than enough to retire. He's been in big fighta

Comment

If things go wrong then I hope he will only be knocked out of the ring like Hopkins not terrible reminders like Stephenson or Judah. Those who outlast their welcome in boxing go out in a painful way.

Comment

Antonio Tarver was supposed to come back around the time Fury was making a come back. Fury called him out and I think he had a fight scheduled in 2018 that didn’t happen.

Can we get another Dawson-Target fight please? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                  Antonio Tarver was supposed to come back around the time Fury was making a come back. Fury called him out and I think he had a fight scheduled in 2018 that didn’t happen.

Can we get another Dawson-Target fight please? LOL
                  Lol what would be the point of that Dawson already schooled Tarver twice and I don't think Tarver can even make Cruiserweight anymore

Comment

Chad, its not that ur not in shape. I believe you. But you have a good looking wife. So i'm sure you are busting way too much for a boxer. So its the discipline we had as kids that is the problem. When we run into a fighter who isn't doing that, we probably get our asses kicked.

Comment

Working...
                    X