Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will rank higher in history: Canelo or Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will rank higher in history: Canelo or Golovkin?

Who do you rank higher on the all time list between Canelo and Golovkin?

Take into account their skill level, record, opposition, dominance, title defences, excitement level, revenue generated, controversies, losses, and of course, their two fights with each other.

If you have Canelo higher, what does Golovkin have to do to surpass him?

If you have Golovkin higher, what does Canelo have to do to surpass him?
    Canelo
    83.54%
    Golovkin
    16.46%
    Last edited by Golgo 13; 06-14-2019, 10:21 AM.

Will be watching for the poll results because I want to root for the most popular one.

Comment

Golovkin should be 39-0-0. He is the greatest middleweight of all time. U S A, U S A!!!

Comment

GGG mastered the art of blocking punches with his face. He fought P4P legends like Dominic Wade and Steve Rolls. Canelo resume is weak in comparison to Golovkin.

Comment

I think GGG is a little better and I don't think Canelo can change that. They had two fights and I think GGG won both fights. In the first fight Canelo was a prime 27 and GGG was an old 35. In the 2nd fight Canelo was a prime 28 and GGG was an even older 36. When a boxer many years past his prime edges out an 8 year younger boxer in his prime I say the older boxer is better. On title defenses GGG had 20 successful title defenses winning 18 by KO. I don't think Canelo will equal that. I am a big fan of both and think they are both great but GGG is my choice as the better fighter. I think history will agree. Both will be in the hall of fame on the 1st ballot.

Comment

Of course Canelo! He ranks higher than him on every list! Everything GGG was hyped out of proportion and a lot of other stuff that we all know and don’t need to beat a dead horse

Comment

Originally posted by KingKrypton View Post
              GGG mastered the art of blocking punches with his face. He fought P4P legends like Dominic Wade and Steve Rolls. Canelo resume is weak in comparison to Golovkin.
              This is so troll but dude you made me laugh

Comment

Originally posted by KingKrypton View Post
                So out of the 37 fights and 20 middleweight title defenses you pick the two weakest guys you can think of and try to say that is all he ever did. What a stupid ass hole you are. You could make any boxer look bad if you took the two worse fighters they ever fought and said that's all they ever did. Canelo fought lots of guys a hell of a lot worse than Rolls and Wade and so did every boxer with a large number of fights. Both GGG and Canelo beat a hell of a lot of good fighters but nobody fights killers and aces every fight. Most of GGG's 20 title defenses were against guys ranked in the top 10 in the world or the fights would not have been sanctioned. Jacobs was ring Magazine number 1. Lemieux was ring magazine number 4. Geale was ring magazine number 4. Murray was ring magazine number 6 and so and so on. They were good high ranked fighters and he knocked them out.

Comment

Canelo and it's not really close. Not only did he already beat GGG but If both fighters got hit by a bus today and never fought again Canelo's resume and list of achievements is flat out greater. 3 Division champ > 1 Division Champ. Unified in multiple weight classes, Ring Champ in multiple weight classes, Lineal champ.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
                    Of course Canelo! He ranks higher than him on every list! Everything GGG was hyped out of proportion and a lot of other stuff that we all know and don’t need to beat a dead horse
                    Outside of just titles and accolades Canelo has flat beaten higher level of competition better fighters. Canelo has beaten 3X the amount of world champs then GGG has. He's beaten multiple hall of famers, GGG hasn't beaten a single HOFer. Canelo has beaten multiple fighters who entered the ring on all top P4P rankings, GGG hasn't beaten a single top P4P ranked fighter. The list of names who Canelo beat is just better then GGG's. GGG's run at middleweight will be looked back on as smoke and mirrors knocking out horrendous fighters while refusing to move up or down to face better fighters. And the moment he stopped fighting tomato cans and faced good middleweights he stopped knocking guys out and the excuse making for why he looked bad started. That will hurt his legacy. Canelo is 28 already with a better resume with maybe a decade left in the game and wants to keep improving his legacy and achievements while GGG refuses to fight anyone that does anything for his legacy literally running to fight bums while he just keeps begging for unlimited rematches with Canelo where he gets beat up worse every time he fights Canelo. His resume sucks and he's made everything about ONLY cashing checks against Canelo. He doesn't even care about legacy and resume at this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X