No announcement yet.

If AJ loses again vs Ruiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If AJ loses again vs Ruiz

Could we say he was one of the latest hypejobs we had in boxing. This guy gets hurt in every fight. He's big and strong but he looks like he doesnt the heart of a champion.

Put Ruiz vs Wilder or Fury and he gets outclass. I think even Ortiz beats him.

Whats your thoughts?

PS it isnt a hate thread. I was hoping AJ would be the one to beat Wilder but the boxing gods made Fury come back.

I don't know. Joshua is flawed but he did accomplish enough to put himself outside the realm of being a true hype job.
    Last edited by Mammoth; 06-13-2019, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
      Could we say he was one of the latest hypejobs we had in boxing. This guy gets hurt in every fight. He's big and strong but he looks like he doesnt the heart of a champion.

Put Ruiz vs Wilder or Fury and he gets outclass. I think even Ortiz beats him.

Whats your thoughts?

PS it isnt a hate thread. I was hoping AJ would be the one to beat Wilder but the boxing gods made Fury come back.
      I would still want to see AJ vs Deontay Wilder.

... after Ruiz pieces up Deontay too.

Seriously, if Ruiz wins again, that elevates Ruiz. It would mean that Ruiz is legit-legit, and not just that AJ was a "hype job."

Last edited by USMCer; 06-13-2019, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCer View Post
        I would still want to see AJ vs Deontay Wilder.

... after Ruiz pieces up Deontay too.

Seriously, if Ruiz wins again, that elevates Ruiz. It would mean that Ruiz is legit-legit, and not just that AJ was a "hype job."

Hmm yeah youre right. Love an underdog story. Great win

Comment

He is not hype job but his problem is simple.
          He has become a commodity. Nobody on his promotional team cares wether he can be great...they just care wether he can win. They tell him that hometown advantage can overcome skill deficiency rather than saying that in ring improvements are what's needed to help him win anywhere. They are feeding him the idea that it was external disadvantages were to blame for his loss so he is going to think that all he needs to do is get back to his warm bed in order to win. Anthony Joshua could be great by daring to be great but he hasn't needed to. He has taken on lesser challenges that required lesser motivation...and to the point where he thought Ruiz was just another blow out...that's why he looked disinterested. He's had a wake up call...let's see how it goes from here.

Comment

Even with a loss in the rematch, he’s still a very legitimate heavyweight contender who might be able to beat anyone else in the division on the right night.

If he loses to one guy twice, he still has a nice resume that makes him a legitimate top 10 or maybe even top 5 guy.

Comment

Hype-job in terms if heavyweight greats, yes definitely. In regards to the current heavyweights, no he's just flawed like all the current crop

Comment

Everyone's a hypejob or exposed when they lose to too many fans these days. No one can just lose a f#cking fight anymore lol.

Comment

Joshua is the best heavyweight in British history, if you want to call him a hype job go ahead but British fans won't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                    Joshua is the best heavyweight in British history, if you want to call him a hype job go ahead but British fans won't like it.

Comment

Working...
                    X