Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do fans understand that dazn does not get paid from views but from subscriptions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got the year sub as i think the price will go up around the time of CaneloGGG3 or AJ Ruiz rematch and worth it for the price IMO. However, had tons of issues with it buffering on my computer, however worked perfectly on my Roku on the same network for some reason. Dunno why anyone is rooting against a specific platform, but probably inaccurate to say DAZN is thriving in the US at this time. Hopefully they can make some strides. I would suggest they try to pick up some smaller college conferences who havent already been picked up by ESPN+

Comment

People don't use STREAMING for Live Sporting events unless they're unable to attend the event or watch the event in front of a television live. In that case, Apps are created to be ALTERNATIVES, not really the main primary Source to consume the Live Event.

In America the biggest live sporting events are on Free TV and/or Non-Premium Cable Networks like TNT/Turner Sports and ESPN which comes with your Cable or Satellite Dish Service automatically at no extra cost. Streaming is mostly for TV Series, on Netflix the most popular things that get streams off of Netflix are ALL TV SERIES

Some people are being extremely Naive so it is a waste of time to argue or reply to them when many of them are not even in America and they know absolutely NOTHING about the US Market. Check back in about 2-3 years and lets see who is still standing and how things are looking
      Last edited by sicko; 06-12-2019, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
        That isn't true. You're acting like the average age of boxing fans is like 75. It isn't, its like 48. And most people around that age definitely know how to use apps and know how to stream **** very easily.
        Dude, most guys over 40 are flipping around channels on a Saturday night.

It takes WORK to log in and stream.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          People don't use STREAMING for Live Sporting events unless they're unable to attend the event or watch the event in front of a television live. In that case, Apps are created to be ALTERNATIVES, not really the main primary Source to consume the Live Event.

In America the biggest live sporting events are on Free TV and/or Non-Premium Cable Networks like TNT/Turner Sports and ESPN which comes with your Cable or Satellite Dish Service automatically at no extra cost. Streaming is mostly for TV Series, on Netflix the most popular things that get streams off of Netflix are ALL TV SERIES

Some people are being extremely Naive so it is a waste of time to argue or reply to them when many of them are not even in America and they know absolutely NOTHING about the US Market. Check back in about 2-3 years and lets see who is still standing and how things are looking
          You a hater saying stuff like this. When it comes to DAZN all viewership trends must be ignored. DAZN is a magical creation that somehow flips conventional wisdom on its head. The rules dont apply to DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaSlamma View Post
            Dude, most guys over 40 are flipping around channels on a Saturday night.

It takes WORK to log in and stream.
            You are straight up lying dude. It takes "work" to type in a username and password? lmao wtf.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

You know people can stream stuff on their tv right...

Comment

You are straight up lying dude. It takes "work" to type in a username and password? lmao wtf.
                Yeah it is a pain in the azz, I have to change the input on my tv, log in to DAZN, and forget about flipping over to any games going on live on cable/satellite...

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  You a hater saying stuff like this. When it comes to DAZN all viewership trends must be ignored. DAZN is a magical creation that somehow flips conventional wisdom on its head. The rules dont apply to DAZN.

Exactly! CBS/Showtime, FOX, ESPN are MAJOR Corporations that generate BILLIONS. They don't depend on boxing to make them money, but you have people on here acting as if these companies are in Trouble and don't have the money to compete with DAZN

They just don't now KNOW because a lot of them are not in America

Going to be funny when ESPN/Disney ultimately BUY DAZN and turn it into ESPN+ International or something in a few years

Comment

You know people can stream stuff on their tv right...
                    Of course, Android Devices and stuff like that you can hook up to your TV but again, in America MOST Major Sporting Event are on Free TV, not on some APP you have to pay for.

That is not how people typically consume Live Sporting Event. Why would they go through all that trouble for a sport that they're not even a big fan of and only watch when someone like Canelo is fighting.

When people see that an Event is not Televised for free, they go searching for a FREE STREAM, they're not going to go to DAZN, pull out their Credit Card and Pay $20

Comment

[QUOTE=juggernaut666;19826245]DAZN makes a large amount from sponsors, it doesn't really matter what the views are as its not necessary to order it PER view bc LIKE ppv you can have large group watching but the subscription itself will grow and see a profit WAYYYYY down the line.

No they do not that is a blatant lie. Sponsors pay based on eyeballs. Dazn has the lowest in the industry. I have many national accounts at my agency. I know first hand Dazn is getting not even 10% of what PBC gets on Showtime.

Comment

Working...
                      X