No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Thurman PPV has a "rare" good undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao-Thurman PPV has a "rare" good undercard

Normally ppv events lately have name fighters in the main event but a weak undercard with prospects taking on safe sure wins. But I noticed this card is full of good fights.

Yordenis Ugas fights the 28-0 Omar Figueroa Jr.
    Sergey Lipinets takes on gate keeper John Molina Jr.
    and also;
    Caleb Plant at 18-0 faces 21-0 Mike Lee.

Did they forget the normal recipe for meaningless under cards?

Wow how the standards have fallen. Is this what we call good undercard nowadays? It looks like total sht bruh.

Don King would shake his head looking at the list of these sht fights.

I will be watching it for free so i cant complain but cod dam this crap is being sold as PpV? Smh

Comment

The Caleb fight might end up being better than the main event. Good card.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        Wow how the standards have fallen. Is this what we call good undercard nowadays? It looks like total sht bruh.

Don King would shake his head looking at the list of these sht fights.

I will be watching it for free so i cant complain but cod dam this crap is being sold as PpV? Smh
        I understand as I remember a time where they would have several p4p fighters on a card like Azumah Nelson, Terry Norris, Julian Jackson, Gerald McClellan and Julio Cesar Chavez all on the same card. But the 2000's has forgotten that time and stuffed the undercards with fringe contenders against journeymen. At least compared to what we have seen lately, we have some completive matchups to watch as we wait for the main event.

Comment

Figueroa and Lipinets are good choices for GrandPac's next fight after his loss to Thurman...

Comment

I agree with tbear. Name a recent undercard that tops this?

Comment

Pac might have a hefty minimum payment requirement so uncle Al has to put on a decent card to pay Pac. This must be killing the PBC undercard business model.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                Normally ppv events lately have name fighters in the main event but a weak undercard with prospects taking on safe sure wins. But I noticed this card is full of good fights.

and also;

Nice card *EDIT LOL forgot this isn't Top Rank. Good job Al Haymon

Comment

Last good undercard was in Lomachenko/Sosa fight with Gvozdyk/Gonzales and Usyk/Michael Hunter bouts

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post

and also;

Panterita will give the fight of the night!...

Comment

Working...
                    X