No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kellerman Explains Why Ruiz Pulled Off Shocker Over Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dle View Post
    Ruiz knew that he had the edge in experience & knockout power, so he step to AJ to force him to fight IN an uncomfortable zone and took him OUT of that zone. Too dangerous for AJ to do the rematch with killer experience
    I wouldn't say he had the edge in power (ruiz)

He hot Joshua in the head with full bloodied shots like 200 times and could buzz and swarm Joshua but most times Joshua went down in fumbles during hails of blows

This wasn't a klitschko situation where one clean punch almost knocked Joshua unconscious

Ruiz is a swarmer but nothing more than an above average puncher

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
      People love to overanalyze. AJ dropped Ruiz and had him hurt. AJ went in for the kill to finish Ruiz and got clipped in the process. AJ never really recovered from that temple shot.
      Right over hour head huh. He didnt overanalyze anything. Why did Joshua go in for the kill without analyzing of his opponent was actually hurt? Guys like Crawford would go for the kill, but in a calculated manner.

He wanted to match Wilder but should of jabbed and put a beating on him until he falls, ala Bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
        Right over hour head huh. He didnt overanalyze anything. Why did Joshua go in for the kill without analyzing of his opponent was actually hurt? Guys like Crawford would go for the kill, but in a calculated manner.

He wanted to match Wilder but should of jabbed and put a beating on him until he falls, ala Bud.
        When you lose there are always things you "should've done". AJ made a mistake and paid for it, that's all.

Comment

Like kellerman has all the answers...he's been making an azz of himself on 1st take for a while now.

Comment

Most people here DONT know boxing. They NEVER boxed and will NEVER step in the ring, FOR A REASON.
            That said, even though Max isnt a boxer. Hes a very good at “paying attention”. Im not much for boxing commentary journalists. I feel every one of them should have been a boxer to comment on boxing.

Comment

Kellerman is great! I think ESPN put on the best boxing commentary these days. Way out in front of DAZN & Fox. Sho Sports PPV is excellent when we get them. Miss HBO coverage.

Comment

I dont know if that is entirely true, ruiz jr had over 100 amatuer fights, I think joshua had 50 fights. I think having a deep background in the amatuers is like playing college basketball it gives you fundamentals and so much experience anf it exposes you to so many different styles, so when you get to that professional level you are already kinda of ahead of the game.

But thats not always the case luis ortiz had over 300 amatuer fights and he still got knocked out by wilder. Its all about who shows up that night.

Comment

AJ will have to be patient, use his size, and not exchange with someone up close who has the superior hand speed. There was nothing in the fight until the 3rd round, that shot from Ruiz scrambled AJ's senses and he was a goner from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    ... Muscle Memory is more important than Muscle Mass!
                    ... while some "innate gifts' (such as mimetic capacity, mental representation of movement) always help the increase of "muscle memory"...

Comment

It was a simple case of Joshua not fighting like the bigger man with a big reach advantage. Joshua got confident after KD Ruiz and Ruiz showed in HW division Weight matters.

Aj after the KD should have gone behind the jab and kept Ruiz at bay, instead of trading with him because Ruiz would be hesitant and less confident after the KD, both men were swinging for the fences and Joshua got clipped on the temple.

I seriously believe AJ underestimated Ruiz and Ruiz is a good boxer who imo beat Parker but didn't get the credit.

Comment

Working...
                      X