Andy Ruiz: "If Joshua wants rematch in the UK, they gotta give me 50 million."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    Give me $50M and I swear I will fight tomorrow
    Lol we back to that old chestnut now? BT SPORT. 24 HOUR DEADLINE, NO TERMS, CONDITIONS or CONTRACT. CANCELLED MEETING. REFUSE TO TALK TO PROMOTER ABOUT ANY OF THE ABOVE.

Now if thats how Finkel did all his business i couldnt complain at how they did it, hell if Finkel had made just 1 fight in all his years as a Boxing manager id acknowledge it. But for the biggest fight hes ever likely to put together he decided to act all weird and different.

Why?

Comment

Ruiz is doing the right thing demanding 50 million.

He holds the belts, won them decisively and can negotiate from a position of strength.

While I understand the contractual obligations, it still pisses me off that team Joshua still feel that AJ is the "rightful owner" of the belts - he got his a$$ handed to him last weekend and should really accept the fact that he was exposed as something very different from the invincible super athlete / boxer that we were all being told he was.

Comment

"The fight will take place in Nov/Dec at a venue to be confirmed shortly." ...

Comment

Ruiz clearly has no clue what he signed. We know Ortiz was offered $10m for the rematch should he of won and I'm sure he would of had no say in the rematch location so Ruiz is likely getting a flat fee and has to fight where ever Hearn and AJ choose the rematch to be.
          Last edited by Stinger1; 06-06-2019, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Surely the rematch purses/splits are already pre-determined?

You can't just pull a 50m demand out your ass can you?

This seems like a damn Haymon road block on the fight. He will probably get Ruiz to vacate.

Comment

Can't blame Andy Ruiz, he calls the shots from herein. Eddie Hearn's arrogance proving his undoing once again.

Comment

He won’t get 50 million but 15-20 million would be great for him. Win or lose retire and live the good life!

Comment

No way he is getting 50M lol but let's be real the fight should be in the US. Ruiz won he is the champ now, he shouldn't have to travel to the UK for a rematch especially if it doesn't state that in their original contract. Give him a bump in pay and put that shyt in Vegas or NY if you want to make it closer for Brits to travel. No way a fight this big is going to be in Mexico you leaving too much money on the table.

Comment

... nobody can stop him from asking a huge amount of money... of course that doesn't mean he will get it...

... "life is funny and shit"...

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
                      Surely the rematch purses/splits are already pre-determined?

You can't just pull a 50m demand out your ass can you?

This seems like a damn Haymon road block on the fight. He will probably get Ruiz to vacate.
                      You're right. There'd be no point in a rematch clause if the terms weren't already set out in them. Fighters could just make ridiculous demands to avoid the rematch. Split and who has the say on where they fight will already be in the contract.

Comment

Working...
                      X