Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stephen A Smith Furious w/ Canelo on ESPN TV Show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't click play because Smith doesn't watch boxing. He never watches the fights, yet he wants to scream about the fighters. I'd be surprised if he even watched Mayweather-Pacquiao.

Comment

He is right here on the point he is making, but that idiotic POS racist MF is a fool. He was talking baseball once and started going on talking sh it about Dominican players without understanding anything about the game at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
        Yeah they fired Atlas who had decades of boxing knowledge because he went against the company line and called out a BS ruling. We get Steven A because hes become a mini celebrity and yes to bring in the black audience. Thats why they bring in celebrities like Shack and Kevin Kart to rip on him and build his celebrity. But its painful to watch generic "sports" commentators talk boxing when they dont know **** about it or about the analysis of boxing.

Even this rant in the video is to build up Steven A's celebrity. I never seen legit boxing commentators start talking about some fighter's tweets to them.
        Good point. ESPN has no idea how to connect to the real boxing fan. We don't want celebrities that don't know a thing about the sport other than attending high profile Vegas and NYC fights to get social media clout.

I was so hyped when Atlas went on that first rant because it was great to have someone that actually cared about the sport.

I was really hoping ESPN would do it differently and get back to the Tim Ryan/Gil Clancy days. Instead I get "First Take Boxing" SMDH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          Smith is insufferable. He has no clue about boxing. Boxers are even tired of his crap now and not playing the media game anymore. Ward put him in his place, Canelo too.

Still, he’s not as bad as that other guy he was with before, Skip whatever.
          I never understood the attraction of this guy and why ESPN and other networks constantly go to him as if he is an an expert on anything let alone boxing. The guy is a loudmouth moron. He along with Skip Balyess are egomaniacs and yes they are absolutely insufferable.

Comment

SAS is an ATG.

Comment

In case any of you didn't know this existed, he has a Youtube channel, and it's great, I really recommend it.

THE FIGHT with Teddy Atlas
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7D...Dxz9ebeEYVVxWQ

Episode 1:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbm3BsYV4Ok

Comment

He clearly knows nothing about boxing idk why they keep having him talk about it.
                He must really know alot about basketball cause he is insufferable.
                Also lol at canelo giving us the ggg fight when we asked for it. Sas just kissing ass with that last statement

Comment

Originally posted by MinuteMaid5
                  This ni44@ stupid
                  Why not just write out the word?

Comment

Smith is the worst boxing commentator, right behind Skip Bayless.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                      Yeah they fired Atlas who had decades of boxing knowledge because he went against the company line and called out a BS ruling. We get Steven A because hes become a mini celebrity and yes to bring in the black audience. Thats why they bring in celebrities like Shack and Kevin Kart to rip on him and build his celebrity. But its painful to watch generic "sports" commentators talk boxing when they dont know **** about it or about the analysis of boxing.

Even this rant in the video is to build up Steven A's celebrity. I never seen legit boxing commentators start talking about some fighter's tweets to them.
                      which rant finally got him thrown out?

Comment

Working...
                      X