No announcement yet.

Andy Ruiz About To Be On Jimmy Kimmel Show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
    Now that I think about it, doesn't Kimmel have a Mexican security guard or something that looks sort of like Andy Ruiz?? They can make a pretty good skit between those two if he's on the show, lol.
    Good call

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByTxIKyF...=1pj19i4m6x3f1

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Nice. Always cool to see boxers getting attention outside the boxing & sports realm.

Thanks for the heads up. Just set my DVR. Always cool when heavyweight champions make the media rounds like that. Was a sad state of affairs for a long time in terms of the mainstream media ignoring heavyweight boxing. Joshua, Wilder and Fury have done a great job of bringing things back. Curious to see if Ruiz can add to the momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
        Now that I think about it, doesn't Kimmel have a Mexican security guard or something that looks sort of like Andy Ruiz?? They can make a pretty good skit between those two if he's on the show, lol.
        LOL...Guillermo. Maybe a father/son skit.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
          LOL......

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
            LOL......

Comment

Like father like son.

Who can forget Guillermo knocking out a 60 year old geriatric Ali? Win of his career.

Comment

After Ruiz won, I was thinking, "Jimmy has GOT to do a Guillermo bit about this."

Sure enough, he dressed up Guillermo in Ruiz trunks, had the make-up department put the tattoos on his chest, and did a bit where he was drinking shots of tequila and pretending he was the champ. (Ya hadda be there. It was pretty funny.)

He finally brought out Andy as the second guest of the night, and Andy did a good job. He was modest, articulate, and they even had his Dad in the audience and let Dad say a few words. Jimmy showed off a picture of pudgy Andy as a kid, holding a bottle of tequila. "Was that a gag or was that really for you?" Jimmy asked. Andy said he didn't remember. "Then it was for you!"

Jimmy's a boxing fan, of sorts. He used to have Manny on all the time, but I don't know if it was because he really appreciated Manny's skills, or liked that Manny had a funny accent and was up for any goofy idea Jimmy's writers had.

No question, if Ruiz didn't resemble Jimmy's sidekick Guillermo, they might not have bumped somebody Tuesday night to bring him on.

Comment

bad quality but you can see it for now. Pretty sure they'll be a good one up pretty soon.

Ruiz is such a likable guy.

Comment

This is why you take opportunities in life instead of pricing yourself out. Ruiz made more money for the first fight than he ever made in his life and is going to make even more in the rematch. In addition to all the money he will make after that for being a really good fighter and getting a lot more popular.

Comment

He's a likeable guy. I wish him nothing but the best.

Comment

Working...
                      X