No announcement yet.

Round 3 AR Vs AJ.... ATGR or Naw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 3 AR Vs AJ.... ATGR or Naw?

This is an exept of a convo I had with my bro on social media...

Me: Posted this vid:

and stated this was one of the Greatest Rounds Of All Time...

My Bro responded: I didn’t see this fight live. Heard people say it was fixed but after watching this, it’s clear he got his ass whooped. On another note, let’s not get carried away on Best rounds ever. This ain’t no Ward v Gatti or Hagler Hearns or Marquez vs. morales. Cmon son. 🙄😆

Me: Bruh... this round had literately everything you look for in boxing... what's it missing?

Bro: No blood and really no tough chins. Flush hits led to immediate knockdowns. An all time great round has to be exchanges where fighters are taking hits and we as spectators say” how did he survive that”. Don’t get me wrong, it was good. An all time great round. Nah son...and it was only in the 3rd round. You gotta at least be in the championship rounds where you’re battling fatigue and operating on sheer determination and will power. I’m taking nothing away from Ruiz. He can scrap without question. 💯

Me: AJ was bleeding from the nose... but I get it no gore... to me that is not a qualifier for a ATGR... I mean it don't hurt but it's not necessaly a deal breaker... now...you don't wonder how Ruiz got up from that hellacious one hitter quitter? the same hellacious left that's put so many others to sleep...AJ set that short left hook beautifully too with the uppercut first to bring his head up... I mean how's that not a granite chin? Ruiz showed grit guts ganas and prob some other adjectives that start with G I can't quite think about just now... then to get up from that and then basically in the same breath turn around stood in the middle of the ring and exchanged with AJ balls out? not hugging no running and he even took another massive lick in that exchange and did a Tupac on it (took it and smiled) to then land his own massive haymaker that put AJ on queer street but yet got up and took it like a champ... AJ could of quite every time he got knocked down but he didn't... he was massively hurt you can tell but yet he kept getting up... this round had every thang and then some... I mean #CmonSon

Wachugot??? ATGR or naw??? poll to come........
    Round 3 is MOST DEF an ATGR no doubt....(explain in the comments)
    56.25%
    Naw... Round 3 is NOT an ATGR.... (explain in the comments)
    37.50%
    RicDaRula Es mi Papi y arriva Mexico Jijos de la peluda!.....
    6.25%

it's the greatest round of all time imo

i almost had a heart attack.

Comment

Well i can only speak for myself but i would have to say yes. A hell of a round of Boxing. Swung big in one direction, Ruiz going down and it looked a real big shot too. Got up and did what he did. WOW. Im sure technically there are many many more rounds of Boxing that can be classed as better but when we add in to it just the magnitude of what was happening, the fact Ruiz was such an underdog, nearly everybody looking past him and continuing with the big AJ Wilder ranting (something im guilty of too), it had shock value. Lots of it. Real WOW moment.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
        it's the greatest round of all time imo

i almost had a heart attack.
        Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
        Well i can only speak for myself but i would have to say yes. A hell of a round of Boxing. Swung big in one direction, Ruiz going down and it looked a real big shot too. Got up and did what he did. WOW. Im sure technically there are many many more rounds of Boxing that can be classed as better but when we add in to it just the magnitude of what was happening, the fact Ruiz was such an underdog, nearly everybody looking past him and continuing with the big AJ Wilder ranting (something im guilty of too), it had shock value. Lots of it. Real WOW moment.

Comment

It's definitely a great round, but ATG? Not by a long shot IMO

Comment

First round of hagler vs hearns is what you call atg. Not to say it wasn't good but if we look at it objectively it was just a deceptively athletic skilled boxer versus a stiff pedantic Adonis who's mass prevents quick defensive reactions and inability to roll with punches.

Comment

Great round for the era. Not an ATG.

Comment

I'd go ATG if there were like, I dunno, a "top 1000 rounds/top 500 rounds" or so. It was good. I definitely had a wank.

Not top 100 material though.

Comment

It would've been ATG if AJ fought back but it was one way ass whopping after Ruiz got up with AJ holding on to dear life

For it to be ATG round both guys have to show heart like Gatti v Ward
                  Last edited by Phenom; 06-04-2019, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Let's talk about "great". On a technical level, really nothing special. Ruiz was clever to wait for AJ to get too aggressive, but it's not a round people will watch back in slow mo to study technique or anything.
                    What it was, was one of the most EXCITING rounds we've seen in years, mostly because it was surprising. If that was Devon Alexander vs whoever he fought, no way would we be calling it one of the greatest ever. It was great because it shocked us. And, we were needing some shock.

Comment

Working...
                    X