Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Harrison To Have Ankle Surgery; Charlo To Fight Jorge Cota

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my favorite fights on the upcoming schedule and of course this happens. SMH, and I was really intrigued to see the numbers of this card on a Sunday night.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
      Whatever date they were gonna schedule the Harrison-Charlo and Williams-Hurd winners will now be for this fight I bet.

Charlo can fight Lara if Lara don't want Canelos brother.
      Don't Lara & Mell still got that buddy buddy thing going on so probably won't fight each other unless its for some huge fight/money.

I wouldn't be mad at that fight doe, but I doubt they'd do it just cuz of their closeness.

Comment

yuck. Anyway it buys time since Hurd-Williams are going to rematch anyway

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
          PBC STILL winning & got you dudes salty....LOL
          DAZN winning. PBC didn’t make any profit this past Saturday. Or are you referring to Devon Alexander?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Don't Lara & Mell still got that buddy buddy thing going on so probably won't fight each other unless its for some huge fight/money.

I wouldn't be mad at that fight doe, but I doubt they'd do it just cuz of their closeness.
            They haven't trained with each other in 3 years and I doubt Jermell understood anything he was talkin about.

Comment

Torn ankle ligaments??? Im no doctor but that sounds like something that could take 1-2 years to get back to 100%, not just a couple months? It almost sounds like they are pushing Harrison to pull a George Groves (with Callum Smith) and just come back ASAP to get Charlo his belt back and keep it moving, then he can go back to recovering. I wonder if he will be paid under the table to do that?

In reality they should make Harrison champ in recess and have Charlo and the next best guy in the entire division without a belt (NOT Cota) fight for the interim title. Harrison relies on his movement. If he comes back a few months from now and Charlo beats him when his ankle is still not 100%, that **** won't even count. It hurts Harrison's career, and it gives Charlo no opportunity to actually avenge his loss vs the same healthy Harrison who beat him the first time.

For everyone involved, IF I am correct about the severity of "torn ankle ligaments" and the amount of time it must take to get back to 100%, they need to wait until late 2020, or 2021, to do this rematch. Harrison is not some ATG, he can't still be effective at less than 100%.

Comment

I'm not buying this injury. Harrison knows that he has a ass whooppin coming what a *****,

Comment

Ankle surgery Wednesday? Damn Fam! You in a boot for at least 8 weeks! Even more reason for PBC to get those TV rights for Castano vs. Soro II. Can't wait to see "The Towering Inferno" on the 21st! Joey Spencer, where you at?

Comment

Cota is a awful replacement. They couldn’t put a guy who at least won his last bout?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                      Torn ankle ligaments??? Im no doctor but that sounds like something that could take 1-2 years to get back to 100%, not just a couple months? It almost sounds like they are pushing Harrison to pull a George Groves (with Callum Smith) and just come back ASAP to get Charlo his belt back and keep it moving, then he can go back to recovering. I wonder if he will be paid under the table to do that?

In reality they should make Harrison champ in recess and have Charlo and the next best guy in the entire division without a belt (NOT Cota) fight for the interim title. Harrison relies on his movement. If he comes back a few months from now and Charlo beats him when his ankle is still not 100%, that **** won't even count. It hurts Harrison's career, and it gives Charlo no opportunity to actually avenge his loss vs the same healthy Harrison who beat him the first time.

For everyone involved, IF I am correct about the severity of "torn ankle ligaments" and the amount of time it must take to get back to 100%, they need to wait until late 2020, or 2021, to do this rematch. Harrison is not some ATG, he can't still be effective at less than 100%.
                      It's like 8 weeks in a boot! That means atrophy! Then it's at least 16 weeks in the clinic! So that's 24 weeks of rehab (6 months) right off the rip! Then it's at least 8 weeks with Sports Medicine, and then 12 weeks training camp! So that's another 4 months minimum! So at the earliest, it should be April 2020!

Interim Champion is brilliant, and well deserved! Surgery changes the game! This would've been a great time for Charlo vs. Lara, or Charlo vs. Lubin! Those other fights could be cancelled!

Comment

Working...
                      X