No announcement yet.

Wilder threw away $120 million in easy money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Don’t inject logic. Think about it: he actually believes Wilder ducked the fight. You’re getting nowhere with someone like that. Look at everything that’s transpired. The Titanic is sinking and they’re busy shuffling chairs.
    What did transpire after this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      So he would have gotten Joshua still even if Joshua lost to Ruiz? Really? Joshua I'm sure had a rematch clause with Miller. You wouldn't make Wilder vs Joshua if Joshua would have just gotten beat by Ruiz.

I mean I know Hearn said Joshua vs Wilder would have still happened if Wilder lost to Breazeale, but don't think the opposite would hold true. Why? Wilder vs Breazeale was a mandatory fight while Joshua vs Miller was a voluntary defense.

Wilder I'm sure would have still gotten paid well in other fights, just not sure he would have gotten Joshua after the Ruiz stoppage loss.
      If he signs a contract then he gets those monies, unless they word it to the effect that he wouldn’t if his opponent phucked it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        If he signs a contract then he gets those monies, unless they word it to the effect that he wouldn’t if his opponent phucked it up.
        I have a hard time believing DAZN still offers him 40M against a non-Joshua opponent. Skipper is a smart man and would have protected his company from offering a deal like that.

Doesn't mean he wouldn't have gotten 20M per fight type of deals or something similar but 100M without Joshua? Seems a bit suspect.

Comment

of course they woulda put in a clause in joshua lost. and both sides would have agreed to it because it makes sense. everything changes with a joshua lost.

and everyone talking about what wilder lost? hes gonna make big money for ortiz and fury. he and joshua lost because joshua was gonna make crazy money for a wilder fight.

none of this sh-- matters though. here are the facts today, joshua is no longer the man at hw or anything close to it. dont be surprised if the ibf strips ruiz for taking the rematch and fury ends up fighting pulev. and then fury and wilder is a unification. the pendulum has completely swung. thats the news today.

Comment

Joshua threw away $50M.

And who says Wilder threw anything away. Wilder didn't lose, Joshua did. I won't be surprised if DAZN offers Wilder another deal in the future thats similar to the one he didn't accept.

Comment

I have a hard time believing DAZN still offers him 40M against a non-Joshua opponent. Skipper is a smart man and would have protected his company from offering a deal like that.

Doesn't mean he wouldn't have gotten 20M per fight type of deals or something similar but 100M without Joshua? Seems a bit suspect.
              Depend on what’s in the contract, with Haymon there at the meeting I doubt he wouldn’t screen that bit. At the end of the day those 100m offers ain’t coming back. Joshua still has his casuals in the UK which means he would still make money.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndroundko View Post
                of course they woulda put in a clause in joshua lost. and both sides would have agreed to it because it makes sense. everything changes with a joshua lost.

and everyone talking about what wilder lost? hes gonna make big money for ortiz and fury. he and joshua lost because joshua was gonna make crazy money for a wilder fight.

none of this sh-- matters though. here are the facts today, joshua is no longer the man at hw or anything close to it. dont be surprised if the ibf strips ruiz for taking the rematch and fury ends up fighting pulev. and then fury and wilder is a unification. the pendulum has completely swung. thats the news today.
                You are right nothing matters right now, Ruiz is the man of the division. Others had their chance but they wanted to let it marinate. Ka-boom everyone is eating that pie right now.

Comment

Depend on what’s in the contract, with Haymon there at the meeting I doubt he wouldn’t screen that bit. At the end of the day those 100m offers ain’t coming back. Joshua still has his casuals in the UK which means he would still make money.
                  It's okay, I don't think Wilder was signing a three or four fight deal with DAZN anyways. But if both win their next two fights, the fight will be huge once again and DAZN will offer big bucks for the fight once again.

The whole thing about the contract was 20M for Breazeale and 20M for a separate fight after the Joshua fights. Only time 40M was mentioned it was for the Joshua fights. It just makes no sense to me that Wilder would still have gotten 40M against say Miller or Ruiz.

Comment

It's okay, I don't think Wilder was signing a three or four fight deal with DAZN anyways. But if both win their next two fights, the fight will be huge once again and DAZN will offer big bucks for the fight once again.

The whole thing about the contract was 20M for Breazeale and 20M for a separate fight after the Joshua fights. Only time 40M was mentioned it was for the Joshua fights. It just makes no sense to me that Wilder would still have gotten 40M against say Miller or Ruiz.
                    The damage is done either way.

Comment

You are right nothing matters right now, Ruiz is the man of the division. Others had their chance but they wanted to let it marinate. Ka-boom everyone is eating that pie right now.
                      not really. wilder-ortiz is about to be huge. most big celebrities who mentioned the fight on social media are all saying its a good thing it wasnt wilder in there. joshua mighta died.

not to mention, if the ibf strips ruiz, which is likely, fury is fighting for that belt in the fall. and then him and wilder is a unification rematch. boom.

the real loser is anthony joshua. complete fail in his us debut. lost all leverage at the negotiating table.

btw, it seems there isnt an iron clad rematch clause. if there is one, u may see it in the US. again.

Comment

Working...
                      X