Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The real question, is AJ simply overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ARSEBOLLOCKS View Post
    No disrespect to AJ fans but I think this is a fair question.
    But please - Don't shoot the messenger, I got nothing to do with his TKO loss.
    - -Nah, you drink therefore yo unrated...next!

Comment

He’s an overachiever based on how fast he got to the top off natural/physical abilities alone. But he’s not overrated.

The man is yet to reach his prime and this is the beginning of the 2nd phase of his career. Yet it’s like he has achieved everything in the heavyweight division.

Comment

The dude can fight he just got in there with a killer.Reminds me of Rocky, Klitschko was his Apollo Creed and it launched him into stardom. He probably wasn't ready for it yet, but there was no turning back. He got a few easy touches and was feeling himself. Ruiz was his Clubber Lang and bought him back down to earth.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          the guy who 20 million brits thought was the next big thing in boxing who just got knocked out by andy ruiz?

was that guy overrated?

let's say it slowly

was the guy WHO BRITS THOUGHT WAS THE NEXT BEST THING who GOT KNOCKED THE HELL OUT BY ANY RUIZ overrated?

why don'y you tell me.
          Such linear thinking for a student of the game, I'm surprised. Could it not be a case of Ruiz being underrated? Not saying AJ is anything special, but to read some of these comments you would think he'd been ko'd by an old lady.

Ruiz deserves some props for the win. He took some great shots and the HWD needs more variety. Champions are generally pampered cash cows, so I would like to see Wilder and Fury upsets as well.

Put some new names in the mix with the usual 3 (now 4)

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            It definitely seems to me that Wilder's fanbase have the lowest IQ of any boxing fanbase out there at the moment.

They aren't very bright people and don't seem educated.
            the intelligence quotient, very funny to see you used such a harsh testing method to determine ones smarts, shows you are truly hurt and what you are truly about. You think we don't understand what you are truly saying when you say Low IQ? I can go all day on that flawed method as well as the bell curb, all its findings and those who boast in them are interesting but I wont go there. AJs boxing IQ is what we need to be worried about, as it wasn't the highest when he lost, he didn't even know to hold..

Comment

All the current HWs are over rated, this bunch has been terrible for many years.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                the intelligence quotient, very funny to see you used such a harsh testing method to determine ones smarts, shows you are truly hurt and what you are truly about. You think we don't understand what you are truly saying when you say Low IQ? I can go all day on that flawed method as well as the bell curb, all its findings and those who boast in them are interesting but I wont go there. AJs boxing IQ is what we need to be worried about, as it wasn't the highest when he lost, he didn't even know to hold..
                I'm saying to me it seems like the vast majority of Wilder's fans are fuking dumb

I don't know what you think i'm truly saying, but if you are trying to make it a racial thing then you're even dumber than I thought in the first place.

Comment

AJ peaked besides that he always was a one-dimensional fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    yeah man, he's got so many nigerian fans. you're all nigerian.

and the "wilder fans" he's referring to, they're all caucasian.

bunch of innocent men. you don't think wilder fans are dumb because they're black.

How do you suppose I know someone's colour from behind the screen?

There are plenty of BLACK boxing commentators saying the exact same thing. Hatmanboxing, curt deville with counterpunch boxing, DT3 the boonman and many more.

Does that make them racist too? Or maybe you're just a dumb guy wanting to believe other people are racist because YOU think in colour? Food for thought.

Whatever colour someone is, I couldn't give a crap. I'm married to a person of colour, so the idea that I'm racist is just absolutely hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      I'm saying to me it seems like the vast majority of Wilder's fans are fuking dumb

I don't know what you think i'm truly saying, but if you are trying to make it a racial thing then you're even dumber than I thought in the first place.
                      aj is an overrated fighter who was destroyed by ruiz... lets just continue to talk about that, no need for personal insults, we may not agree on things but as men there is no need for what you are doing, but i guess that is "class"

Comment

Working...
                      X