No announcement yet.

Andy Ruiz refuses to commit to rematch with Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... There are many belts on the line... Some "sanctioning body" may ask for a mandatory fight... it happened before...
    True, I forgot about that 😂. Hearn would be working overtime over the next 4 months. Someone should check his blood pressure right now. He looked like he was having a stroke out there.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
      He’ll be stripped like Fury if he doesn’t honour it. It’s a voluntary defence and you have to honour the rematch clause.

Wrong.

Belts and contracts are two separate things. The ABC orgs have NO requirements for immediate rematches.

They could do shady things like make AJ the mandatory ect and they will bend their rules for more popular fighters since they get paid as a purse percentage, so it would be harder for Ruiz to keep so many belts as it would AJ..... but the only source of a rematch clause would be the contract and it isnt always there, some manager/promoters insist on putting it in every contract, some dont. We need official confirmation if it even was in this contract, the DAZN team was assuming it was.

Comment

Of course that he may refuse to commit to immediate rematch...

What an embarrassment.....Fu ck you, AJ !!!!!!

Comment

If there's any hint that he won't take the rematch Eddie will arrange for him to be stripped by one of the bodies and it'll be A Juicin' J vs a Matchroom heavyweight for a belt before Ruiz can finish his taco.

Ruiz should take the rematch to Mexico City. Make it really uncomfortable.

Comment

He’s gonna milk this as well he should

Comment

... There are many belts on the line... Some "sanctioning body" may ask for a mandatory fight... it happened before...
              Yes I understand but what does that have to do with the fact if their is a rematch clause or not

Btw , I bet you the IBF will then culprit

Comment

Of course that he may refuse to commit to immediate rematch...

The lesson here is Obesity conquers muscles, it’s time to get off the weights and put on the weights! #burritodiet

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                  Why would he ask Hearn this is if he was thinking of not honoring the rematch clause if it does exist? I doubt Hearn has options on Andy, being a PBC fighter. Only option would be a rematch with Joshua.

AJ is still shell shocked or didn't bother reading the contract. Who in their right mind thought there would need to be a rematch ???

Andy about to be stripped or ko'd

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                    Wrong.

Belts and contracts are two separate things. The ABC orgs have NO requirements for immediate rematches.

They could do shady things like make AJ the mandatory ect and they will bend their rules for more popular fighters since they get paid as a purse percentage, so it would be harder for Ruiz to keep so many belts as it would AJ..... but the only source of a rematch clause would be the contract and it isnt always there, some manager/promoters insist on putting it in every contract, some dont. We need official confirmation if it even was in this contract, the DAZN team was assuming it was.
                    Your right about the sanctioning bodies
                    What a fughin mafia that is
                    Their is a video , I think it might be the one Eddy Hearn reaction , or something like that
                    Hearn says their is a rematch clause and how much he’d like to have it in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by Bmore18 View Post
                      Fake news? havent seen any actual reputable reporter say this. Makes no sense Ruiz is going to get PAID in a rematch

I think they are just going off the post fight interviews where Ruiz gave a less than enthusiastic answer. I dont remember the quote but he didnt "refuse", he just said something like "yeah sure..." and moved on quickly to a different topic.

It sounded to me like he wanted to get with his team and review if it was even required and then if it wasnt he could shop around for fights with Wilder or Fury. Hes in a very strong negotiating position now. Even if there is a rematch clause, it likely doesnt include all the specifics as far as exact cost Ruiz would be paid for the rematch. You would want to seem non committal and uninterested to start off from a stronger position. Atleast thats how I picture it. Or based on his physique, he could just be thinking about all the partying, drugs and prostitutes hes going to be doing. He could blow it all away and come back even fatter and get demolished in the rematch. Not like it hasnt happened before with upset fighters....

Comment

Working...
                      X