Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz Drops Anthony Joshua Four Times, Stops Him in Shocker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So happy for Ruiz, had 10 on Ruiz got 200 back, totally deserved winner, wilder and fury would have a field day with AJ

Comment

• oh, I nearly forgot.....

AJ fans.....

regarding all that " A-side " stuff.....

name the biggest superstar in boxing today..... ?

HINT:

he is fat..... red..... and his name rhymes with marshmallow

Comment

• There are at least 15 fighters in division thinking " i can become a world champ" at this moment.

Comment

• I predicted it:

Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
          Don't be surprised if Andy Ruiz knocks Joshua down in this fight. Joshua is there to be hit, he's stiff and doesn't move his head. Ruiz gets his punches to the target in quick, sudden fashion. This will be another fun fight, but Joshua should prevail. Then it'll be up to Hearn to decide whether they're ready to get into the mix with Wilder and Fury. To do that, there can be no more games and no more silly talk about being the A-side. After Wilder-Fury and after what Wilder did to Breazeale, blasting him out in one round as opposed to the systematic 7-round beat down by Joshua, it'll take a 50/50 offer to get either fighter in the ring.
          I could see how Joshua could be knocked down in this fight. But I didn't expect him to fold. I expected him to fight back and eventually beat Ruiz. Joshua doesn't move his head when he engages and that's a bad trait to have with somebody like Ruiz, who didn't seem believe in himself UNTIL he got dropped. Then Ruiz woke up and did what I saw him do in his last fight: let his hands go in quick succession and in explosive fashion. Then he went back into his shell for a couple rounds and it looked like he was going to let his moment slip away. Slowly but surely he gained back his confidence and made history.
          Joshua is LUCKY he wasn't in there with Wilder and I expect him to regroup and win back (some) of the titles in the rematch. Fun fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
            There are at least 15 fighters in division thinking " i can become a world champ" at this moment.

Miller must be gutted !!

serves him right

Comment

• Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
              The difference with Wilder is if he hurt Ruiz he would've finished him.

Once Wilder starts his windmill punches it's over.
              If Ruiz jr. pushes Wilder to the ropes, like Ortiz did, lights out. I think we all agree Ruiz jr. punches harder than Ortiz.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                Not sure how long AJ has been over here. But I went to London last year for a week. And the time change had me all messed up. My wife and I never adjusted to the time change. Even when we tried to acclimate by not sleeping immediately when we got there. And would go to bed on schedule as far as their time. We’d end up sleeping 12+ hours everyday because our body clocks wouldn’t wake us up in the AM over there. Not sure if that affected AJ. But I can say for a fact it’s a very difficult adjustment.
                I agree it can take forever for sum people, me included to get their sleep pattern perfect, but that’s usually on a huge time difference. But London is only 5hrs ahead. He had a couple weeks. If he teleported from UK it still would have been only 3am. Late for sure if he woke up early morning UK time. But it’s not like he would be putting in a full day of hard work on any fight night. Some people sleep better than others. We’ve all played contact sports with no sleep or something equivalent. But I also know after 36hrs with no sleep I start seeing things and can’t trust anything I perceive. Travelling to far away land is always tough. It just is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                  Immediate rematch?
                  AJ doen't need a rematch now. It would ruin him. He needs to recuperate, accept a loss, begin figuring out why he wasn't prepared for this fight, and start retooling.

Forget about who makes/made the most money, and get back to wanting to actually be better than everyone AND WANT to prove it.

And he definitely needs a new promoter, someone who cares more about him than conquering the boxing industry (and being such a cad at the same time).

In the right hands AJ will be fine. He is still one of the best.

Comment

• I actually just read the article. It’s kinda BS that Hearn is already saying the rematch will be in the U.K. This automatically tells me that this will be a rerun of the Floyd-Maidana rematch where Floyd and Kenny Bayless had fought Chino in a handicap match. The fight likely will be a hit-and-hold exhibition from AJ. And if AJ is fortunate enough to land a shot as big as the hook he landed prior to getting the s.hit beat outta him. The ref will stop the fight before Ruiz even hits the floor.

Comment

• Hahahah holy ****

Comment

Working...
                      X