No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury changed since signing with Top Rank smh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Well the WBC have walked into this one haven't they? Don't they have to make the Whyte/Rivas fight now for the diamond belt? Anyone that takes Fury's words for gold need their heads checked.
    The WBC have already rejected Whyte - Rivas as an eliminator. Theoretically, they should just go down their rankings until they find a willing opponent for Whyte. Funnily enough Parker is ranked 6th by the WBC after Ortiz, Kownacki, Breazeale who would all be unavailable.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Skull View Post
      What a load of f**king *****, If Fury called out AJ he would have got possibly the lion share of the money or at the very least 50/50. That fight fills Wembley 90k and would probably break the PPV records in Britain.

As much as I like Fury, Fury took the easier option for sure.
      You think he would have got 50/50 OR MORE against AJ coming off the sefer safari fight and bringing no belts?

You are off your head mate

Comment

As Frank Warren said: Fury's ESPN contract is for fights in America, and taking a bout that would do silly numbers in the UK and staging it in a ballroom in the USA just doesn't make sense to anyone.

Fury wouldn't lose a round to Whyte, but the fight just doesn't make business sense right now.

I'm wondering what they've got planned for Fury though, because Bryant Jennings is already scheduled to lose to Joe Joyce in July, and Top Rank doesnt have any other heavyweights that I'm aware of outside of Pulev, who is cooling his heels as Joshua's mandatory.

Does Uncle Bob have pockets deep enough to make Fury-Pulev, and essentially have Pulev sell his mandatory shot at Joshua to Tyson? That can't be the plan, because DAZN would certainly win that purse bid, right?
        Last edited by paulf; 05-30-2019, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
          He is the same guy he always was. He has been a huge hypocrite for a while now.
          Fury (I love him in the ring) is a massive hypocrite and a walking contradiction. This is why i questioned his mental illness thing, and this is why i questioned his "Am giving my fight purse money" away.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            As Frank Warren said: Fury's ESPN contract is for fights in America, and taking a bout that would do silly numbers in the UK and staging it in a ballroom in the USA just doesn't make sense to anyone.

Fury wouldn't lose a round to Whyte, but the fight just doesn't make business sense right now.

I'm wondering what they've got planned for Fury though, because Bryant Jennings is already scheduled to lose to Joe Joyce in July, and Top Rank doesnt have any other heavyweights that I'm aware of outside of Pulev, who is cooling his heels as Joshua's mandatory.

Does Uncle Bob have pockets deep enough to make Fury-Pulev, and essentially have Pulev sell his mandatory shot at Joshua to Tyson? That can't be the plan, because DAZN would certainly win that purse bid, right?
            I don't think Fury/Whyte would be held in a ballroom in the UK. I think it would easily sell out the O2. And if held in America it could sell out a decent size arena & still be PPV in the UK. I don't see how this fight makes bad business

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              I don't think Fury/Whyte would be held in a ballroom in the UK. I think it would easily sell out the O2. And if held in America it could sell out a decent size arena & still be PPV in the UK. I don't see how this fight makes bad business
              Nah, I was saying 'silly numbers' as in selling out the O2-level fight... a huge fight in the UK market.

But I don't think the fight would do any better than Fury-Schwarz in the US, and they'd have to do the UK PPV at 4am or whatever.

Too much money left on the table.... I'm sure Arum has told Fury they're going another way.

Comment

Originally posted by lolasif View Post
                The WBC have already rejected Whyte - Rivas as an eliminator. Theoretically, they should just go down their rankings until they find a willing opponent for Whyte. Funnily enough Parker is ranked 6th by the WBC after Ortiz, Kownacki, Breazeale who would all be unavailable.
                I don't know about an eliminator but have they reject it for the Diamond belt?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone WBCfan View Post
                  You think he would have got 50/50 OR MORE against AJ coming off the sefer safari fight and bringing no belts?

You are off your head mate
                  If AJ was greedy he wouldn't be willing to give Wilder 50/50 when Wilder doesn't have anywhere near the same following and has never been a PPV attraction. Fury and AJ is going to be a huge fight, we likely would have had it if they never robbed Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    This dude used to be willing to fight anybody anywhere.

You have clearly no idea who Fury is or you buy his BS persona, he didn't change at all, he always played mind games with his opponents and he still is doing the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      I don't know about an eliminator but have they reject it for the Diamond belt?
                      They haven't requested Whyte - Rivas to be for the Diamond Belt. That would be pointless, as the Diamond Belt is as worthless as the Silver Belt that Whyte already holds.

Comment

Working...
                      X