Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Was the Last Time a Promoter Stacked the Undercard like Eddie Has Done?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
    If you don't give a fuk fine, it was a simple question. I couldn't think of an undercard that had so many highly ranked fighters. It seems I was right as there are now 185 views and still no one can name a stronger undercard in recent memory.
    You haven't even had the balls to list who is on the fuking undercard for anyone to make a comparison. Boxing fans don't watch for rankings. They watch for the action, the characters, not the damn numbers.

You guys that work so hard to give free promotion without getting paid will never be taken seriously. I don't even have a dog in this fight. I actually clicked to see what the undercard was (because this sounded promising and maybe I needed to check it out) but have seen nothing but misleading fanboy bullshyt from you.

Comment

It would've been better if you named names. The BS ranking numbers devalue your whole point. No, it isn't great, or even close. Other than the Katie Taylor fight, which will be great, the rest I don't really care for.
      Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 05-28-2019, 07:37 PM.

Comment

So this Saturday according to Boxrec we have:

No.1 Super-Middleweight vs No.10 Middleweight
        No.1 women's Lightweight vs No.2 women's Lightweight
        No.21 Light-heavyweight vs Perriban not active so no ranking but approx no.42 Super-Middeweight
        No.24 Welterweight vs No.26 Welterweight
        No.30 Super-Lightweight vs No.50 Super-Lightweight

Anyone like to suggest an undercard that had more competitive, high quality matchups on PAPER than we have this Saturday?
        Have you seen the cards that Haymon has put together, lol?

I'm fairly certain that the Showtime/SHO Extreme cards (basically the nights where you get the triple on Showtime, with the top three preliminary fights shown on Extreme) have had better matchups than that.

#1 vs #2
        #1 vs #10
        #24 vs #26
        #21 vs #50
        #30 vs #50

Not that long ago, we just had Pacquiao-Broner, Oubaali-Warren, and Jack- Browne on the same bill, and it could be argued that all three of those fights were top 10 fighters facing off (with Kambosos floating in the 20s).

Heck, SpenceJr-Mikey, Nery-Arroyo, Benevidez-Love, and the two heavyweight fights (Martin is still in the 20s, Arreola likely in the 30s even then) likely matches the slate too.

Guess you've been missing out

Comment

I don't give a f#ck about that girl fight, but it does seem to be a high level girl fight even if I've never heard of the B side of that ever in my life.

But I do like the card overall.

That Josh Kelly vs Ray Robinson fight could tell us alot about Kelly. And that Algieri vs Coyle fight is lowkey competitive. Not into Callum Smith & all NDamn does is fall nice so not expecting much with that fight.

And Joshua is on my must see TV list so he could be fighting a taco bell worker & I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
            Fuc.k Don King, BUT he had the best cards from the bottom to the top, period...

Julio Cesar Chavez W John Duplessis TKO 4 12
            Mike Tyson W Donovan Ruddock TKO 7 12
            Simon Brown W Maurice Blocker TKO 10 12
            Pat Lawlor W Roberto Duran TKO 6 10
            Greg Page W Mark Young TKO 3 10
            Bernard Hopkins W Steve Langley

Meldrick Taylor L Julio Cesar Chavez TKO 8 12
            Frankie Randall W Juan Martin Coggi UD 12 12
            Felix Trinidad W Luis Ramon Campas TKO 4 12
            Ricardo Lopez W Surachai Saengmorakot TKO 1 12
            Vincent Pettway W Gianfranco Rosi KO 4 12
            Gabriel Ruelas W Jesse James Leija

Julio Cesar Chavez W Tony Lopez TKO 10 12
            Felix Trinidad W Oba Carr TKO 8 12
            Ricardo Lopez W Yamil Caraballo TKO 1 12
            Jorge Fernando Castro W John David Jackson TKO 9 12
            Frankie Randall W Rodney Moore

Julio Cesar Chavez W Frankie Randall TD 8 12
            Azumah Nelson L Jesse James Leija UD 12 12
            Gerald McClellan W Julian Jackson KO 1 12
            Ricardo Lopez W Kermin Guardia UD 12 12
            Simon Brown L Terry Norris UD 12 12
            Giovanni Parisi W Richie Hess KO 2 10
            Meldrick Taylor W Chad Broussard

End thread///
            Yea Don is a piece of sh^t & glad he's taken a back seat, wish Arum would real soon too, but he put on some crazy mfing stacked cards.

Comment

It is a really good card. I'm excited to watch that one. Majority of the time, there's a good undercard that steals the show over the main event.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Have you seen the Pac-Thurman undercard?

Nery/Payano
                Ugas/Figueroa Jr
                Lipinets/Molina Jr
                Ugas-Figueroa is a good fight but the other two look like blowouts. Payano will be at least a 20-1 underdog for good reason and Lipinets at least 10-1. Did u see what Lipinets did to Lamont? Molina got dropped by Redkach for God’s sake lol

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  Have you seen the cards that Haymon has put together, lol?

I'm fairly certain that the Showtime/SHO Extreme cards (basically the nights where you get the triple on Showtime, with the top three preliminary fights shown on Extreme) have had better matchups than that.

#1 vs #2
                  #1 vs #10
                  #24 vs #26
                  #21 vs #50
                  #30 vs #50

Not that long ago, we just had Pacquiao-Broner, Oubaali-Warren, and Jack- Browne on the same bill, and it could be argued that all three of those fights were top 10 fighters facing off (with Kambosos floating in the 20s).

Heck, SpenceJr-Mikey, Nery-Arroyo, Benevidez-Love, and the two heavyweight fights (Martin is still in the 20s, Arreola likely in the 30s even then) likely matches the slate too.

Guess you've been missing out
                  You should have stopped before Spence-Garcia. That entire card was mismatches including the main event and was proven in the ring lol

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                    You should have stopped before Spence-Garcia. That entire card was mismatches including the main event and was proven in the ring lol
                    Hold up. Are you now trying to argue that the Joshua-Ruiz card isn't chock-full of matchups that will most certainly be **** one-sided fights? Lol.

Name one fight on the full Joshua bill that isn't a mismatch, including the main event

Comment

So this Saturday according to Boxrec we have:

No.1 Super-Middleweight vs No.10 Middleweight
                      No.1 women's Lightweight vs No.2 women's Lightweight
                      No.21 Light-heavyweight vs Perriban not active so no ranking but approx no.42 Super-Middeweight
                      No.24 Welterweight vs No.26 Welterweight
                      No.30 Super-Lightweight vs No.50 Super-Lightweight

Anyone like to suggest an undercard that had more competitive, high quality matchups on PAPER than we have this Saturday?
                      This is an awful, one fight card

Comment

Working...
                      X