Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn To U.S. Fans: Get Behind Devin Haney, America Has a Star!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shut up Hearn. Haney will lose to the first top fighter he faces. Ryan Garcia would beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
      Canelo-Jacobs did 1.2 million views. If that was on normal Showtime or HBO it would have done similar. That should explain it to you.

Way to deflect and not answer my question though lol
      Is deflect your new word of the week? I said it’s hard to build a star on an app and you compared it to hbo

Hbo and sho get hundreds of thousands of viewers. How much did Haney get last night?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        If you have access to radio, TV, and internet, and you're not already informed enough to know what I'm referring to, then you can't be "educated" by anyone!
        Yeah yeah same old tired response...I knew you wouldn't be able to come up with specifics lol...if there are so many examples why don't you post some? Should be easy.

Gotta lay off the CNN and liberal talking points man and learn to think for yourself. God Bless.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
          Is deflect your new word of the week? I said it’s hard to build a star on an app and you compared it to hbo

Hbo and sho get hundreds of thousands of viewers. How much did Haney get last night?
          Hbo is an app man. So is Showtime. Come on lol.

I just pointed out that Canelo-Jacbos did 1.2 million views which is comparable to what they would have done on HBO or Showtime.

I shouldn't have to break this part down for you but I will - that point is relevant because it shows that the views for DAZN HBO and Showtime are already roughly the same.

DAZN is an app like HBO or Showtime - if you say you can't build a star on DAZN why would you be able to do it on HBO or Showtime? Similar model and similar views.

The fight happened last night how is anyone supposed to know the viewership numbers today? lol

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
            As long as he fights for the colonizer most black fans won't support him or even talk about him.

#1 rule of marketing is go where the people are. He went away from them so his stock will drop but at least he will get paid up front I have watched all his previously aired fights but didn't even know he had one last night.

The US isn't getting behind him because they don't know he exists and many who do won't support him because of who he aligned himself with
            Do you live in America? If so why are you still here in the land of the colonizer? Why not go somewhere else where you feel more comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
              Funny how you can't defend your ignorance when it comes to "racist" Trump tweets and comments, you know why that is? Because there isn't any, you liberals do a fine job of embarrassing yourselves. No need for me to press this any further.
              I asked him too - I knew he wouldn't be able to come up with any examples - if there were so many it should be easy right? Lol. A lot of brainwashed people out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                Hbo is an app man. So is Showtime. Come on lol.

I just pointed out that Canelo-Jacbos did 1.2 million views which is comparable to what they would have done on HBO or Showtime.

I shouldn't have to break this part down for you but I will - that point is relevant because it shows that the views for DAZN HBO and Showtime are already roughly the same.

DAZN is an app like HBO or Showtime - if you say you can't build a star on DAZN why would you be able to do it on HBO or Showtime? Similar model and similar views.

The fight happened last night how is anyone supposed to know the viewership numbers today? lol
                Are you really this dense? Not trying to insult you but hbo is not an app. They have an app yes. But they are premium cable television.

How can you say similar views? What are their numbers besides canelo and Joshua fights?

There’s a reason I said put him on canelo undercards to build him

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                  Are you really this dense? Not trying to insult you but hbo is not an app. They have an app yes. But they are premium cable television.

How can you say similar views? What are their numbers besides canelo and Joshua fights?

There’s a reason I said put him on canelo undercards to build him
                  Dude - you have to pay extra for HBO/Showtime. It is the same model as what DAZN is lol and you basically pay the same monthly rate. You get more fights with DAZN and more other content with HBO. They are both an 'app' - you can use whatever terminology you want.

Afaik they don't post viewership numbers and I honestly doubt they are as good as HBO or Showtime right now, but I'm sure they are close enough. It is a new service with pretty clearly better upside than HBO or Showtime. Not to mention fighters are getting much paid better on DAZN already compared to any other service.

I agree Canelo cards would help him get exposure - but he just headlined a show and that's pretty impressive. If he headlined anywhere else right now he would probably have similar numbers just because no one really knows who he is and he isn't a star.

Just don't see how his stock would be any better on a different service - if he is going to be a star it will happen because of him not because of the network he is or isn't with.

Comment

This thread is a joke. Instead of discussing actual boxing as in his skills & accomplishments,this thread was turned into 6 pages of the usual tribalistic pbc/dazn/tr etc.BS.

Bottom line is Hearn is way off base for the simple fact nobody knows yet how good this kid is & he is huge for the weightclass & will likely not even be competing at lw much longer anyways. So the fact is that he beat a no hoper at lw which already doesn't prove much about where his true level lies & despite however good he looked doing it,his size makes it even more irrelevant because not only is he big enough to be called a weight bully if he was any other fighter,but he also won't even be competing at lw much longer which makes his fights at the weight even more irrelevant as far as knowing how good he is because by the time he actually faces a top 10 opponent it will be at a higher weightclass anyways,so these fights at lw prove absolutely nothing as far as whether hes truly elite let alone "a future star" as clowns like hearn wanna convince everyone to create unwarranted hype.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                      To bad no one watches him on the crappy app.

Way to kill your marketability Haney.
                      Given Wilders current gate , I think Hearn may be his best option. How Al and Finkel have *****ed up Wilders career is the stuff of legend.

Comment

Working...
                      X