Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Joshua v Wilder need to be in America?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
    Joshua shuld fight in Uk. he doesn`t need America. he will never be popular in USA; no need to care about reputation there.
    Tbh he's already taking over America.

Already close to selling out MSG at 3x the price of Wilder fights. He is about to become the biggest draw in the US behind Canelo.

Real Americans who can look past patriotism and racial allegiances all know him as the HW Champion.

The train is already running and it's just gonna gather more momentum.

The numbers don't lie.

Comment

- -Deyonce...n'er speak ill of the dead and dying.

Comment

they can do in phuket. it doesn't need to be anywhere. but i bet it's in the us for 50-50

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          Nobody identifies as British.

Too broad.
          Maybe now, but that was the lead up/build for Lewis/Bruno. Bruno even had “TRUE BRIT” on his trunks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            Selfishly I don’t care about the states at all.

It would be great if we had that mega event here if at all possibly.

In short.

F.uck them.

We’ve been getting up at 5 a.m. for decades
            Exactly, We been doing that because our British Boxers have been the B side to these big superstar big earning American A sides. And we cant complain at that. Thats the sport. Fights were making more money in America, it made complete sense to have to bow to these A sides and their demands.

But this time Joshua is the A side and Wilder is very much the B side. The money is in the UK. Joshua is earning, Joshua is selling and thats where you will find all the belts. Bar 1. There is no comparison between the numbers for these 2 guys.

But the American refuses to bow to the A side. We are to believe that although Wilder cant warrant PPV status, his ticket sales are low, his viewing figures are low and he is making a small fraction of what Joshua does fight to fight that Wilder is a superstar and deserves 50-50 and that the fight makes more in the States. The numbers really do not back this up. Also the lack of counter offers from the PBC also backs this up. They have no faith in their own words or they would back it up with an offer with a big guarantee for Joshua to show their faith in their statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Mushashi View Post
              It's not about Wilder it's about judging how the US market will respond to the fight. Casuals specifically

UK is provincial compared to the US. There's a lot more going on, vying for the publics attention and wallets than in the UK. California alone has a bigger economy than the UK so of course they will lose money if they put an afternoon PPV. It's not fair that UK fans have to stay till 5am to catch the big fight but that's what it is. Pure economics
              I get all that. I fully understand that the American market is much bigger than the British market. But it all depends on the fighter or fighters that dictate the size. Joshua has already got the British market nailed down, he is a god to them. Wilder though??? Those numbers from his last fight were very disapointing, those numbers show a real lack of star status. Worse than that is the numbers have been higher in previous fights.

So its always a gamble putting a fight together hoping it sells but on this occasion we are talking about mega numbers but its quite clear Wilder nor Joshua are standing at anywhere near the level of the likes of Floyd, Manny Pac, Canelo. I also dont understand how such a mega fight is such a huge fight that EVERYBODY will buy it in an evening but if its on in the afternoon NOBODY CARES.

AJ Wilder should be a 2 fight deal, one in both countries but all i keep hearing out of Wilder is that he refuses to come to the UK to face him.

Comment

Lol no one cares about fury in America.it would have been different if he had knockout power and wasn't a roid cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                  It’s a HW fight between two of the best so it should be held at wherever generates the most money, plain and simple.

Sure the crowds are bigger and more electric in england but arent their tickets much cheaper or somesht like that? Lol. I dont give a sht if 90,000 people show up and their tickets were like $30.

It needs to be in America,probably Vegas.
                  Vegas is the best place I agree. But AJ Vs Klitschko the cheapest seats up in the rafters were £40 that's $50.

Then it's like £60, £80, £100, £150, £200, £400, £800

Right up to £2000 ($2500) for VIP

Remember that's £ not $.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                    I get all that. I fully understand that the American market is much bigger than the British market. But it all depends on the fighter or fighters that dictate the size. Joshua has already got the British market nailed down, he is a god to them. Wilder though??? Those numbers from his last fight were very disapointing, those numbers show a real lack of star status. Worse than that is the numbers have been higher in previous fights.

So its always a gamble putting a fight together hoping it sells but on this occasion we are talking about mega numbers but its quite clear Wilder nor Joshua are standing at anywhere near the level of the likes of Floyd, Manny Pac, Canelo. I also dont understand how such a mega fight is such a huge fight that EVERYBODY will buy it in an evening but if its on in the afternoon NOBODY CARES.

AJ Wilder should be a 2 fight deal, one in both countries but all i keep hearing out of Wilder is that he refuses to come to the UK to face him.
                    Surely the best draw would be the first fight in the US and the second fight in the home nation of the winner of the first.

And in case of a draw...in the UK.

???

Comment

Originally posted by Amandlala View Post
                      Surely the best draw would be the first fight in the US and the second fight in the home nation of the winner of the first.

And in case of a draw...in the UK.

???
                      Why? Money? I think its only fair to both sides to have 1 fight in the home country of each. Even Wilder fans were asking for this not long ago until Deontay confirmed his duck of Joshua.

Comment

Working...
                      X