Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Nicholas "Axe Man" Walters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    You and I both know that a fighter coming in off a 1-year layoff isn't being given a chance to put his best foot forward.

Would he have lost to Lomachenko anyway? Very likely. But let's not pretend like those were anywhere close to ideal circumstances for Walters.

Hell, look how bad Thurman looked against freaking Josesito Lopez after his layoff. How much worse must it be to go into a fight like that against someone like Lomachenko?
    That was most likely due to Walters ballooning up in weight between fights. He was offered the fight 6 months previously and turned it down. It comes down to who do we blame here? It has to be Walters. He had opportunities then and he has had them since. He was never shelved. It's pretty obvious to me that he has had weight issues. First losing a belt on a scale. Then refusing (delaying) fights in order to get into fighting shape. It also explains why he signed up for fights and then backed out of them twice since as then 3 weeks before fight night. I might be wrong, but my guess is he became undisciplined after success. (Cough Tank Davis like)

Comment

I agree. Dat white devil bumochicken woulda got ko'd in one if walters wasnt inactive

Comment

Originally posted by Worick View Post
        I agree. Dat white devil bumochicken woulda got ko'd in one if walters wasnt inactive
        I don't think anyone has suggested that in this thread?

Comment

What happened to alot of Loma opponents?

Comment

I don't think anyone has suggested that in this thread?
            You know danm well thats what you were alluding to boy. Keep acting stupid

Comment

You know danm well thats what you were alluding to boy. Keep acting stupid
              The Lomachenko fanboys certainly chose to focus on that part. I wasn't trying to go there but it's not my fault if they get upset by the facts.

Comment

The Lomachenko fanboys certainly chose to focus on that part. I wasn't trying to go there but it's not my fault if they get upset by the facts.
                So you think walters would have won if he had taken the fight when it was first offered to him instead of ducking?

Comment

So you think walters would have won if he had taken the fight when it was first offered to him instead of ducking?
                  I clearly stated that Walters would very likely have lost anyway, even if he hadn't been put on the shelf for a year.

Comment

I clearly stated that Walters would very likely have lost anyway, even if he hadn't been put on the shelf for a year.
                    Its funny that you make this a thread though.
                    Why not make one where mosley was off for a year before facing froid? Or is it that it bothers you that a black fighter was dominated by a white man?

Comment

He quit boxing in the middle of the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X