Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Is Pacquiao Destined To Suffer The Fate of Ali, Leonard & Others?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
    youre a smart guy you really didnt understand the article?
    TLDR

I dig BS to bs with boxing fans, but some of these articles I wouldn't have turned in for a 9th grade English class report.

And the clickbait titles are tired so yea.

Comment

Pac can’t marathon run like run time

Comment

youre a smart guy you really didnt understand the article?
        Grazed the article.

And don't know wtf its about if its not getting ktfo/having an embarrassing L.

Thing is Manny had embarrassing L's & he's already overstayed his time so get the point of the article even less now. I'd argue anyone who's over 35 years old & isn't #1 & has more than 7 digits in their bank account has overstayed.

Dig the article writer on the PBC podcast doe. Respect.

Comment

Originally posted by gritsteel View Post
          Indeed, and Amir Khan will still be hyping himself up, he wants to earn more money.

He is not really shot, he just isn't good enough to fight the current good ones. Problem is, the money fights are against these guys who can KO him.

Indeed he will get knocked out unless he gets hit in the thigh and in that case he will act as if he got shot
          This will lead to him cashing in a big ass cheque and on to his next beating
          For how long , no one really can predict it unless he is seriously hurt by some more punishment
          Quite sad , and not really like he needs the money

Comment

Boxing is a cruel sport and you can't overstay your welcome. It's a game of inches. If you miss your timing by a little second you are toast. You caNT catch your opponent anymore and that's dangerous. You can't move out of harm's way and you become canon fodder. People claim the last thing to go is power but it does go. Tyson was a powerful puncher who could knock out a full grown horse using one punch at his peak yet I saw him catch Danny Williams a bum with 10 straight shots and they had no effect on him. To make all this worse, there is no warning. You could be blasting everyone in sparring then age overnight on fight night. Anyone who continues fighting will get a sad farewell to the ring but that's the only thing that will send a message that time is past. Only problem is you might get serious life changing injuries on that night. The fortunate people are those who get injuries and are forced to quit, everyone else needs what happened to Benard Hopkins to finally bow out and Pacquiao will get his soon.

Comment

Yes. Only Marciano, Floyd Tunney etc left on top. Robinson Louis other greats kept chasing $. Just don’t know if it’s Thurman fight 50/50

Comment

it will never happen to Pac.....

Comment

I think Thurman will win but it will be competitive. unless he KOs Pacquiao with one shot he wont be giving a one sided beating to Manny Manny isnt the type to shell up and take punches without responding. If you put the pressure on him, expect a hard left counter. I expect Thurman to use his legs and reach to outpoint Manny. Thurman power could make Manny a little more gun shy too. He hasnt been the same after the MArquez KO and hes now 40 years old.Thurman might give problem at this stage.

Hope Manny catches him and beat him but if I was betting with my head I would put money on Thurman UD
                  I like Manny, and I find it hard to say anything bad about him. But if Onetime catches him and rocks him like he caught Showtime Shaun Porter with, and if my memory serves me righr he rocked Danny Garcia as well, I'm sorry to say Pac man will be finished Bruv manny couldn't and won't be able to handle that and hope fully the Ref stops the fight in time so Manny dont get seriously F'd up .

Comment

Well Pac can.be mentioned like all the other ATGs of sport. Going out on shield is how it's done. Pac s not a cherrypicker.
                    Floyd cherry pickd right to the end. At least Floyd was consistent right till end.
                    Last edited by hugh grant; 05-25-2019, 08:06 AM.

Comment

This fight is more about Thurman's condition than Pacman's little offense. But Thurman at his best can not do a beating to old Pacman. Upset is possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X