Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz's Trainer is Very Confident: Joshua Will Get Shocked!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diplo View Post
    I think it's you that has decided not to acknowledge that the British fans fully acknowledge Joshua's flaws. They aren't allowed to hype him up? Just like the Americans recognise Wilder's flaws. You're just saying it because you're determined to hate on the Brits. Also, what stamina issues? Late KOs vs Takam and Wlad, comfortably went the distance vs a rugged Parker.
    What stamina issues? Proves my point. It's one thing to hype someone up and another to face reality. I am a fan of the MLB N.Y Mets but I also realize that they are not that good. I get that nationalism is a huge thing in England but Joshua is not the second coming of Ali, Joe louis, etc. He's one of the better in his weight class of a weak bunch. He beats most but would most likely lose to Fury and Wilder. That's reality speaking not pride!

Comment

Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
      What stamina issues? Proves my point. It's one thing to hype someone up and another to face reality. I am a fan of the MLB N.Y Mets but I also realize that they are not that good. I get that nationalism is a huge thing in England but Joshua is not the second coming of Ali, Joe louis, etc. He's one of the better in his weight class of a weak bunch. He beats most but would most likely lose to Fury and Wilder. That's reality speaking not pride!
      Who the hell said he was up with Ali, Louis etc?!

And seriously, what specific stamina issues?

Comment

Originally posted by diplo View Post
        Who the hell said he was up with Ali, Louis etc?!

And seriously, what specific stamina issues?
        Are you reading the posts on these forums? Joshua is hailed as a "god" by many. You may not rate him as high as some of your compatriots do but holy shyte. If you never saw him fight and only rated him by the BoxingScene.com posts? The guy is decent and is a "champ" but winning your titles by beating Charles Martin and a Klitschko well past his prime hardly makes you "great". If him and his handlers finally man up and fight Wilder or Fury then his undefeated ledger would be a thing of the past. Fury by decision, Wilder by early knockout.

Comment

Hope I am wrong!

Ruiz has NO HOPE!

One shot to lard bucket full of fat ,,he gone

Comment

Originally posted by AffroBox View Post
            Casual fan who doesn't have a clue how good of a boxer Ruiz actually is
            Everyone is buying this narrative that "this is a hard fight for Joshua" and "Ruiz is a bigger challenge than Miller."

Ruiz may be a bigger challenge than Miller, but did anyone take Miller seriously? Did anyone like his chances against AJ? No.

Just because Ruiz has a better shot than Miller doesn't mean we should believe all the BS from Hearn saying this is a competitive fight.

Ruiz is a more skilled boxer than Miller, but he's also much smaller and has a lower punch output. His most notable fight is a close loss to Joseph Parker, who Joshua easily outboxed.

They're trying to gatekeep and convince people this is a great fight by saying "Real boxing fans know, this is a real tough fight for AJ." I call BS. This is a sh**tty fight. Props to Ruiz for seizing the opportunity, but I'm not going to be stoked about a high-profile mismatch, any more than I was for Wilder-Breazeale.

Demand good fights! Don't be content with mismatches!

Comment

Originally posted by JSN006 View Post
              Yeah sure looked bad against f grade dimitrenko but aj will be shook and beaten /facepalm.

On a side note, the dbl standards and preferences of boxing fans are sickening. Ruiz fought no one and did nothing to deserve his 2 title shots, but its all 'he will beat aj and good luck and he deserves it' bla bla meanwhile ortiz is arguably the same but at least has jennings and some veteran names and its all 'ortiz will lose and did nothing to deserve another title shot'. Wheres the consistency?
              That last part was true, I don't get it either. It's they use whatever fits their argument I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
                Many of my posts have me ripping Joshua. I do realize that although he is talented he also has flaws that the british fans would rather not acknowledge. IMHO the only chance that Ruiz has is to jump on him early and try to take him out. Joshua's stamina issues may make some think otherwise but Ruiz can not reasonably outbox A.J for 8 or 9 rounds so I hope he brings it early and tries to test the robot's chin!
                Right, Andy has to make the fight real uncomfortable for Joshua and come out strong. I just don't know if he can/will do it. And also the drawback is that will leave him open to be countered. And AJ has a sneaky uppercut that can put Andy to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
                  Right, Andy has to make the fight real uncomfortable for Joshua and come out strong. I just don't know if he can/will do it. And also the drawback is that will leave him open to be countered. And AJ has a sneaky uppercut that can put Andy to sleep.
                  This fight will really test A.J's mettle. If he destroys Ruiz early some of his doubters like me will take notice. On the other hand if he clinches and stalls like the Parker fight then that will reinforce the weaknesses. I felt like the ref did not give Parker a chance!

Comment

This is a total embarrassment for boxing the Hearns and Joshua. All they can see is the easiest way to make money. I have a problem this time Miller was shyte and unproven , Ruiz has already been beaten by Parker who has turned out to be nothing special and because of their greed Wilder slipped away . I really hope this flops and the fans come to their senses the Hearn mugs ,Daddy and son are making mugs out of you with their smoke and smokescreens ...wake up to these idiots that are hiding the biggest fights in boxing from you.....Ruiz v Joshua is a -D top of the bill PPV rip off !

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                      This is a total embarrassment for boxing the Hearns and Joshua. All they can see is the easiest way to make money. I have a problem this time Miller was shyte and unproven , Ruiz has already been beaten by Parker who has turned out to be nothing special and because of their greed Wilder slipped away . I really hope this flops and the fans come to their senses the Hearn mugs ,Daddy and son are making mugs out of you with their smoke and smokescreens ...wake up to these idiots that are hiding the biggest fights in boxing from you.....Ruiz v Joshua is a -D top of the bill PPV rip off !
                      Actually it is DAZN but I definitely get your point.

Comment

Working...
                      X