Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does any modern boxer have a chance to be the greatest?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does any modern boxer have a chance to be the greatest?

We constantly speak of Lomanchenko, Crawford, Canelo and many other modern greats, but do any of them have the means (quality opponents, star power, fan captivation) to be the greatest? Are we witnessing the next SRR and underapprecisting them with criticism? Are any of the boxers of the current era worthy? Do they even have available great boxers to compete against to create legendary rivalries?

BOTTOM LINE
    Who is the greatest of this era at the moment and in your opinion what must they do to become a GOAT candidate?

There are guys like Inoue who i believe is very special but it’s also the level of competition that needs to be available for him to reach Mt Rushmore.

Pacman could have been the greatest had he beaten Floyd..

Comment

If Canelo captures a major title at 175, he would be in the conversation. The opponents are there for him.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        There are guys like Inoue who i believe is very special but it’s also the level of competition that needs to be available for him to reach Mt Rushmore.

Pacman could have been the greatest had he beaten Floyd..
        Floyd was far greater than Pacman and his catch weights even if he had lost.

Overall, right now, I think Inoue, Crawford, AJ, Canelo, and Usyk are on the projectile to become all time greats. It all depends on what happens in the next 3-4 years.

I also like Buatsi as a prospect if he can keep improving.

Comment

Originally posted by LowKeyFresh View Post
          We constantly speak of Lomanchenko, Crawford, Canelo and many other modern greats, but do any of them have the means (quality opponents, star power, fan captivation) to be the greatest? Are we witnessing the next SRR and underapprecisting them with criticism? Are any of the boxers of the current era worthy? Do they even have available great boxers to compete against to create legendary rivalries?

BOTTOM LINE
          Who is the greatest of this era at the moment and in your opinion what must they do to become a GOAT candidate?
          GOATnelo is already the greatest of this era despite losers not putting any respect on his name. To shut mouths up even more he should get a fight against Jermall Charlo yet if he cant Andrade BJS are there +he should try to get a KO or a stoppage over Golovkin.
          Last edited by Mr.365; 05-23-2019, 05:01 PM.

Comment

no because they don't have enough tough fights. that implies shortage of stars so nobody can achieve say 10 phenomenal victories because they aren't available. for example inoue would have to clean bantam, defeat 3 top guys at super bantam, russell, warrington and santa cruz at feather, berchelt and tank at super feather, lomachenko at lightweight, then number 1 at 140 and finally the number 1 at welter at that time to be in the conversation for the best ever. something like this is highly unlikely to ever happen with any fighter until the end of time.

Comment

"The greatest"? Idk. It all comes down to a mattervof opinion. Its never really factual

Comment

Nope
                First off , their records are all padded with bullchit fights
                Second , they don’t fight often enough ( imo ) to be even considered
                Third , the times of the best fighting the best is long gone , most fighters may have 5-6 top guys on their resume

That’s my fughin take on it and I’m sure you can tell the frustration from a fans point of view

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingraya View Post
                  If Canelo captures a major title at 175, he would be in the conversation. The opponents are there for him.
                  only thing is hes never really dominated any of his big fights but you are correct

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                    Nope
                    First off , their records are all padded with bullchit fights
                    Second , they don’t fight often enough ( imo ) to be even considered
                    Third , the times of the best fighting the best is long gone , most fighters may have 5-6 top guys on their resume

That’s my fughin take on it and I’m sure you can tell the frustration from a fans point of view
                    Your frustration is easy to see, but easy to relate to. Very respectable opinion.
                    Your not the only one that feels that way I'm sure as evidenced by a previous poster.
                    If Spence/Crawford/Thurman were to all fight one another consecutively within the next 3 years, or Inoue jumps all the way to Lightweight and defeats Lomanchenko, or Lomanchenko jumps to Welterweight and conquers them all, Do you feel any may have done enough to be in the discussion? Not saying that any of that is in anyway possible. Is there no way possible anyone can become the next SRR?

Comment

Working...
                    X