Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder's KO Of Breazeale Peaked At 990K Viewers For Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Well he tried to put a lot lipstick on that pig. Its getting embarrassing boxingscene releasing his articles lol

Just report the numbers and if you going to introduce things like peak, streaming, replays then don't compare those numbers combined to just normal tv ratings from the NBA. That is where he exposed his bias inflate Showtime numbers to hide the disappointing nielsen ratings if just 791K viewers. And ignored the big picture that this fight did worse ratings then Wilder's last 2 fights on Showtime. Despite paying Wilder alone more then both those 2 cards combined.
    Didn't they acknowledge that they would be overpaying wilder to keep him on Showtime?

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
      Wilder is becoming must see tv, he’s gotten the casuals attention a bit with that destruction of Breazeale!

Heck, my coworkers who don’t like boxing said that KO was unreal and savage and that they want to start watching Wilder!

They need to continue building off that, I would market Wilder’s power and brutality in the ring everywhere!

Put him on Mortal Kombat as a free DLC with that Shredder like outfit and a special finish move with the right hand!

Have him sponsored by NyQuil or mattress companies or even bedtime story books!

The iron to strike is now!
      NyQuil and Tempur Pedic have sponsored the bottom of AJs shoes already.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        This is bs hack reporters with a agenda do when the Nielsen ratings come back shytty. Well if you the take the peak, add Sunday replays, and streaming, then add YouTube views, etc.

Notice how boxingscene which is owned by CBS which owns Showtime has suddenly decided to only include the peak numbers in the article titles even though that number is irrelevant and for years boxingscene articles all had the actual Nielsen ratings in their title. But PBC ratings so bad that if you look at the Nielsen ratings and compare it to other program same Nielsen ratings you see how bad they are. So now it's peak ratings and Sunday replays, ondemand added all that up meanwhile in the same article when he mentions the NBA ratings he only mentions their normal Nielsen tv rating?? LMAO

Showtime’s telecast of Wilder-Breazeale aired at the same time as Game 3 of the NBA’s Western Conference Finals. That game, which Golden State came back to win against Portland, drew an average of 7,247,000 viewers, the second-highest viewership ESPN ever has attracted for an NBA conference final game.

See after jumping through all those hoops to inflate the Showtime ratings he compared then to NBA but doesn't tell you NBA's peak ratings which miight of hit over 10M viewers or the amount of viewers who streamed on ESPN app on top of the 7.2M who watched on linear TV or the amount on top of that that viewers the Sunday replay or watched on demand. If you play that game with the NBA you probably at like 15M total viewers and shows how terrible doing all those tricks just to get to 1M viewers with smoke and mirrors.

You do that to hide a fight that did the Wilder fight did 791K viewers according nielsen just like NBA did 7.2M per same nielsen ratings. The rest is spin city it's almost getting comical to see the creative ways boxingscene articles can find ways to dance and fluff bad ratings every week it's becoming a art form. Worst tv ratings then each of Wilders last 2 Showtime fights despite him coming off his biggest fight and first PPV.
        its pretty embarrassing journalism really. Terrible

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
          Funny thing, he would do better numbers on DAZN
          Sry, but this shit is killing me...
          I guess dazn should offer him a massive multi-year deal like Alvarez and Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            so his ppv didnt do well, his normal showtime ratings are stagnant, and his tickets arent sellng well. mr. 100 million! espinoza is not long for showtime. giving a guy who was making 2 million 10 million and doing the same or worse ratings.
            Yeah Espinoza is dumb, he doesn't know how to run in network. I remember he overpaid Mayweather, ended up paying him almost forty million for the berto fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              So almost another 250k viewers were gonna come strolling in at some point?
              Possibly since the co main event only did mid 500K.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                I guess dazn should offer him a massive multi-year deal like Alvarez and Golovkin.
                They did but genius turned it down as soon as master Al whispered to his ear.

Comment

To compete with the western conference finals. An elimination game at that, Which a lot of mid casuals would choose over boxing especially a game like that with Golden state. I think those numbers are a lot better than they seem. Yet premium channels views that are the second highest are still not appreciated by casuals that act like they are hardcores boxing fans on bs smh

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                    “Accounting terms.” “...expect Canelo... to do a lot better...”

How much is DAZN’s entire revenue for May? Oh wait, we’re still in May. Derp derp derp

I know you know nothing about finance or accounting, but I'll try to hold your hand through it.

If an insurance company gets a customer to prepay their insurance for 6 months, they'll get an influx of cash all at once. Lets say for $600. That is all the cash they'll be getting until that customer prepays again.

For month 1, the company's cash from operations is $600. Their actual revenue for the month will be $100 if the insurance was paid at the beginning of the month.

Once the cash is received
                    Debit cash $600
                    Credit prepaid revenue (liability) $600

Monthly revenue recording
                    Debit prepaid revenue $100
                    Credit revenue $100

For the month a May, they'll be in the red again.

Comment

• Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                      I know you know nothing about finance or accounting, but I'll try to hold your hand through it.

If an insurance company gets a customer to prepay their insurance for 6 months, they'll get an influx of cash all at once. Lets say for $600. That is all the cash they'll be getting until that customer prepays again.

For month 1, the company's cash from operations is $600. Their actual revenue for the month will be $100 if the insurance was paid at the beginning of the month.

Once the cash is received
                      Debit cash $600
                      Credit prepaid revenue (liability) $600

Monthly revenue recording
                      Debit prepaid revenue $100
                      Credit revenue $100

For the month a May, they'll be in the red again.
                      lol. You tried hard for that one.

What’s next? “A Salesman is hurting because...”

Comment

Working...
                      X