No announcement yet.

Gary Russell Jr willing to walk away from Al Haymon & sign with Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
    You sound stupid and just looking to argue for the sake of arguing without any facts and basically no truth to everything.
    That’s what I thought. Some of you guys are the worse “Boxing fans” on this forum. When hit in the fact with numbers and fact you start calling people names lol. The fact that you automatically supported the promoter over the fighter based on rumours not facts, show are narrow minded you are. You guys are for the promoters, because one fighter complained about his activity level you calling him names. I haven’t seen any other fans on this forums doing that... Just the Haymon loyalist like yourself.... And when called on it, this is you guys exact response. Am glad I expose your dumb arguement and hurt your feelings.... Next time stop calling out the boxers, GRJ should be on his knees because he is fighting once a year... Spence should too, Breazeale should too... the pattern is there, loyalist like yourself wouldn’t see it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        End of the day, he wants that big fight with LSC period. It should and needs to happen. If he doesn't get it, then he has options elsewhere. GRJ is hypocrite in some of the things he says, but he has a valid case here of being upset with his team if they can't get him a in house unification bout vs LSC. Like there are no excuses for that not to happen.

LIS on Saturday, his next fight better be against LSC/Davis/Farmer...This was when there were rumors he may leave to DAZN. If he goes to ESPN, then Valdez/Warrington/Berchelt. I'll be okay if he fights Mares/Frampton, but he should be aiming higher than that.
        They’ve been talking about setting up LSC / GRJ for years

when LSC fought Frampton GRJ was on the telecast with Selby ( I’d assume as a prelude to setting up that fight with the winner having 2 straps and fighting LSC / Frampton down the line )

Yet that never happend / GRJ / LSC has been discussed for years even rumours of it being in the undercard of Wilder / Fury . Again nothing happend

PBC had control of 3 straps at 126 and almost all the notable names ( Mares /LSC/Frampton/Selby / GRJ) You throw Warrington in the mix and everyone of them has been in fights against each the last couple years except Russel that can’t be a coincidence. How can Haymon get all the others to Top Guns to fight But can’t do it for GRJ , I mean Gary’s Black And American shouldn’t he be Haymins favorite in that division according to some

Sh.it Valdez is stuck in a island on Espn and even he fought Quigg. The only time Gary doesn’t fight absolute no hopers is when it’s mandated by the sanctioning bodies. When it’s not mandated it’s a steady stream of C class fighters

According to PBC Fighters Haymon will give 2-3 names that a fighter can fight and they choose who they want

How can anyone look at the situation and not think Gary’s the one to blame for his sh.it Opponets and inactivity

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          The evidence does NOT support your theory or the rumours. The evidence supports the boxers NOT PBC, There are plenty of fighters who have the same activity levels as GRJ in PBC.

So it cannot be the boxers, it has to be the promotional outfit, how do you explain Breazeale having only three fights since he lost to Joshua in mid-2016 and Whyte having nine fights in within the same time frame Or Andy Ruiz having seven fights in that same time frame?

How do we explain Broner, Spence, Danny Garcia, Charlo etc having an average of 1 or 2 fights per year between them over the last 3 years?

There is an activity issue with PBC, and this has been glaring for a while now, some boxers actually want to get in the ring, fight, get paid and showcase their talent...Oppose to sitting on the shelf and getting paid minimum cheque and then singing "All praise Haymon" on social media.

So am praising GRJ for wanting to fight more often, he would obviously be destroyed for speaking out as evident by your original post about him. But for a talented boxer like him, he has turned into a right ol joke with his non-activity and TBA/TBC opponents....Maybe that's why he is speaking out and good for him.
          There is no doubt Haymon had FAR too many fighters and not enough dates to keep his guys busy in the past. But that is no longer the case. However, GRJ himself on numerous occasions has said he likes to only fight once a year to preserve his body and have longevity in the sport. This is why I said he is a hypocrite at times. So no doubt guys like Spence/Charlo bros/etc were inactive against their will, but as for GRJ? I legitimately think it was his own doing. I mean he was even inactive in 2015 when the PBC were on damn near every network. This is just who he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra Curry View Post
            I too have heard variations on this, based on Gary being somewhat injury prone. When I brought it up with someone loosely acquainted with him they reacted with genuine surprise.
            This has been followed by the man himself speaking out.

Make of it what you will.
            Yeah I heard it’s his hands are injury prone and he doesn’t have a desire to fight more then once a year

But I could be wrong / I just doubt Gary been kicking down the door demanding to be more active and fight better names and he’s just been getting the cold shoulder for 4+ years

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
              They’ve been talking about setting up LSC / GRJ for years

when LSC fought Frampton GRJ was on the telecast with Selby ( I’d assume as a prelude to setting up that fight with the winner having 2 straps and fighting LSC / Frampton down the line )

Yet that never happend / GRJ / LSC has been discussed for years even rumours of it being in the undercard of Wilder / Fury . Again nothing happend

PBC had control of 3 straps at 126 and almost all the notable names ( Mares /LSC/Frampton/Selby / GRJ) You throw Warrington in the mix and everyone of them has been in fights against each the last couple years except Russel that can’t be a coincidence. How can Haymon get all the others to Top Guns to fight But can’t do it for GRJ , I mean Gary’s Black And American shouldn’t he be Haymins favorite in that division according to some

Sh.it Valdez is stuck in a island on Espn and even he fought Quigg. The only time Gary doesn’t fight absolute no hopers is when it’s mandated by the sanctioning bodies. When it’s not mandated it’s a steady stream of C class fighters

According to PBC Fighters Haymon will give 2-3 names that a fighter can fight and they choose who they want

How can anyone look at the situation and not think Gary’s the one to blame for his sh.it Opponets and inactivity
              Whatever the reason was, he hasn't been able to get those fights. And he is making it crystal clear it is not on him, but on Haymon and his Leo's team. So now there is no excuse not to get the fight made. I'm sure GRJ in the past may have been a reason some of those fights were not being made, but he wants the LSC now...and he wants it badly. Even Keith Idec mentioned a few weeks ago that the hold up is LSC, NOT GRJ. That is a guy plugged in the PBC and would know what is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                There is no doubt Haymon had FAR too many fighters and not enough dates to keep his guys busy in the past. But that is no longer the case. However, GRJ himself on numerous occasions has said he likes to only fight once a year to preserve his body and have longevity in the sport. This is why I said he is a hypocrite at times. So no doubt guys like Spence/Charlo bros/etc were inactive against their will, but as for GRJ? I legitimately think it was his own doing. I mean he was even inactive in 2015 when the PBC were on damn near every network. This is just who he is.
                I live with your post, because your points are valid from history of PBC, GRJ...

Comment

I live with your post, because your points are valid from history of PBC, GRJ...
                  Furthermore, here are some quotes from just last year:

"You've got to find the good within a situation. I have had hand injuries in the past. The more time you take off it gives me the opportunity to preserve my body to the best of my ability and spend time with my family," said Russell, the married father of three daughters and a son.
                  Gary Russell Sr., who trains his son and celebrates his birthday on Friday, would like to see his Gary Jr. fight more frequently.

"I don't like it," Russell Sr. said of the inactivity. "I want him to fight more. Three times (per year) at least. My hands are tied. I give him advice. I advocated for more fights, it didn't happen. I really want him to fight more."

Has Russell Sr. voiced his view to his son?

"Absolutely," he said. "It gets to a point where you're beating a dead horse."
                  http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...jr-make-happen

GRJ and Thurman are different cats. They like their current schedule of only fighting once a year (KT used to before injuries). But at least KT usually will fight a big fight in his lone fight of the year. GRJ on the other hand has a bunch of dud fights that no one cares for.

Comment

If he fights more than once a year id love it. But it seems like that is his own decision to do that....

Comment

That’s what I thought. Some of you guys are the worse “Boxing fans” on this forum. When hit in the fact with numbers and fact you start calling people names lol. The fact that you automatically supported the promoter over the fighter based on rumours not facts, show are narrow minded you are. You guys are for the promoters, because one fighter complained about his activity level you calling him names. I haven’t seen any other fans on this forums doing that... Just the Haymon loyalist like yourself.... And when called on it, this is you guys exact response. Am glad I expose your dumb arguement and hurt your feelings.... Next time stop calling out the boxers, GRJ should be on his knees because he is fighting once a year... Spence should too, Breazeale should too... the pattern is there, loyalist like yourself wouldn’t see it.
                      That’s your response after having everything you wrote be proven wrong. Geez

I’m a fan of Gary said it on here multiple times, never had a problem if he only wants to fight once a year / It’s ultimately up to the fighter how many times a year they want to be punched in the face

Just think he needs to step it up and he’s got it good and he’s on the only platform that would still give him prime TV time and pay him very well fighting as infrequently as he does against the level he does
                      You think Arum / GB / Matchroom would still be down with GRJ , I don’t but I bet you think he wants all the names and be in the ring just his team is holding hm back

I like how your whole post got taken apart and sh.itted on for what it was and how you still think you came out in top

I’m a bad boxing fan because I called you stupid ( sensitive much ) and saying GRJ should be thankful for the position he’s in because I doubt any other platform would let him manage his career this way .

Gary said it himself he’s a free agent let’s see if he leaves and if he does how often he fights and who he fights l. Maybe I’m wrong and he goes Somewhere starts fighting 3 Times a year with a couple meaningful fights in there. I just doubt it
                      Because his teams had almost
                      The names and Straps in his division and Gary was the only one of them who just fought no hopers once a year.

Comment

Working...
                      X