No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Expects Pacquiao's Speed To Be Too Much For Thurman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hmc87 View Post
    Agree on all accounts. I actually have a tough time seeing Manny lose UNLESS he ages overnight which is entirely possible.

Manny is better in every single aspect. Thurman might move better with his feet and even that's debatable.

People often underrate how important craftiness and experience are and Manny's been in there with Cotto, DLH, Floyd, Mosley, JMM (four times), Morales, MAB, Hatton, etc. ...I'm not sure if Thurman beats ANY of the guys I just listed.

Nonetheless this version of Manny is far-removed from his prime, but I still expect him to win in a UD where he lands nearly all of the significant punches.

Thurman has no power, is limited offensively, and is not defensively responsbile (which is why he gets clipped so often). His only go-to is movement and that hardly works against the Collazos and Lopezs...don't think it will be effective against a Pacquiao (even at 40-41).

Pac UD or controversial SD (where Thurman - the PBC guy - gets a extremely generous card)
    I believe this old version of Manny has a very good chance of beating Thurman

Comment

Interesting takes.

People making predictions based on the Broner fight are fooling themselves.

Manny does good against fighters that stand in front of him or shell up all night.

I see no other outcome but a controversial draw (likely, to set up a rematch for more money) or a clear Thurman decision.

Comment

Originally posted by hmc87 View Post
        Pac UD or controversial SD (where Thurman - the PBC guy - gets a extremely generous card)
        Pacquiao is a Haymon (aka PBC) fighter too, bro

Comment

I would have wanted Errol Spence as an opponent for Pacman, as Thurman can be elusive if he wants to. At least Errol Spence will just be there to hit and hit back.

Well, PBC wins whether Pacman or Thurman wins, but their plans will be derailed if Spence loses to Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
            Thurman is just coming for retirement check here.
            I think Thurman will fight, after all, he has been boxing since childhood. That's not easy to get rid of.

I predict that once he is hurt by Pacman, he will ride his bike. Much better than wrestling like Jeff Horn, but it will be a long night for the Pacman. Pacman better train hard for endurance.
            Last edited by gritsteel; 05-20-2019, 02:47 AM.

Comment

I think Keith has him on speed at this point. Angles are what set them apart. If Pac can turn him and get those awkward angles he's known for, he'll take this.

Comment

Thurman will beat Pacquiao into retirement.

Comment

These welter PPVs are rip offs.

Comment

Originally posted by TinAgeOfBoxing View Post
                    These welter PPVs are rip offs.
                    I’m not ordering but this is a pretty even fight Pac is 40 and Thurman is a undefeated champ it’s a proper fight.

That Mikey vs danny shat gotta go tho that’s a great showtime fight not ppv

Comment

Thurman One Time vs Pacman Great One. War!

Comment

Working...
                      X