No announcement yet.

Attendance, Gate Revenue, PPV buys, DAZN, Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attendance, Gate Revenue, PPV buys, DAZN, Showtime

The 90k that went to see Joshua vs Wlad generated 9 million dollars.

It's great to have cheap tickets and lots of people for the sake of atmosphere. But I wish some fans would stop using those numbers as a way to say a fighter is a bigger draw than someone else. The average ticket price for Wlad vs AJ was $98 dollars, the average ticket price for Wilder vs Fury was $198 dollars.

As far as PPV goes, UK PPV is $26 dollars. Wilder vs Fury was $75 dollars.

But on the other hand, pricing is why boxing is bigger in the UK. Because it's more accessible to people. Rising PPV and ticket prices in the US drives the popularity of boxing down more and more. I prefer 90k people to pack a stadium for a boxing match for an average of $98 dollars per ticket for a big fight, and I also prefer 1.5 million viewers to watch a boxing fight for $25 dollars on PPV rather than 350k at $75 dollars. At the end of the day you make more money if you get 4-5 times more people to buy your product at a cheaper price.

This is why I support DAZN, it's $100 dollars a year and you get 3 big stars of boxing, Canelo, GGG, and Joshua. Wilder isn't maximizing his exposure by staying on Showtime and fighting on $75 dollar PPV's. Forbes reported that 10 million people watched Wilder vs Fury illegally.

No one in their right mind is going to keep Showtime to see Wilder fighting B and C fighters.

In conclusion, it doesn't matter what Wilder and Showtime say, Wilder did a bad move by not going to Dazn. Yeah sure, Wilder vs Joshua can generate more money on PPV for $75 per buy, it can get both Wilder and Joshua bigger paydays than the set amount DAZN was going to give them. But as far as exposure goes, Showtime isn't going to give Wilder that exposure like DAZN was going to.

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

It's great to have cheap tickets and lots of people for the sake of atmosphere. But I wish some fans would stop using those numbers as a way to say a fighter is a bigger draw than someone else. The average ticket price for Wlad vs AJ was $98 dollars, the average ticket price for Wilder vs Fury was $198 dollars.

But on the other hand, pricing is why boxing is bigger in the UK. Because it's more accessible to people. Rising PPV and ticket prices in the US drives the popularity of boxing down more and more. I prefer 90k people to pack a stadium for a boxing match for an average of $98 dollars per ticket for a big fight, and I also prefer 1.5 million viewers to watch a boxing fight for $25 dollars on PPV rather than 350k at $75 dollars. At the end of the day you make more money if you get 4-5 times more people to buy your product at a cheaper price.

This is why I support DAZN, it's $100 dollars a year and you get 3 big stars of boxing, Canelo, GGG, and Joshua. Wilder isn't maximizing his exposure by staying on Showtime and fighting on $75 dollar PPV's. Forbes reported that 10 million people watched Wilder vs Fury illegally.

No one in their right mind is going to keep Showtime to see Wilder fighting B and C fighters.

In conclusion, it doesn't matter what Wilder and Showtime say, Wilder did a bad move by not going to Dazn. Yeah sure, Wilder vs Joshua can generate more money on PPV for $75 per buy, it can get both Wilder and Joshua bigger paydays than the set amount DAZN was going to give them. But as far as exposure goes, Showtime isn't going to give Wilder that exposure like DAZN was going to.
    This is a good post but Wilder doesn’t deserve any blame. They asked Wilder to go build his name. He did. They’ve asked him numerous times what have you sold? Well he’s sold ppvs. What is the most you’ve made? He’s told them. Why treat him like he doesn’t have a title because you’re the draw in the UK? Wilder has done it the right way and his own way and he’s built his brand. It’s time to make the fight.

Comment

DAZN is $20/month, Showtime is $12/month. If you're talking about exposure, Wilder needs to fight on FOX.

Comment

Agreed but I think the 50m dazn were offering to wilder to fight Joshua is the most he would ever get imo

He’s made a massive error

Haymon and co know the damage it would do, so won’t let him go

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          DAZN is $20/month, Showtime is $12/month. If you're talking about exposure, Wilder needs to fight on FOX.
          Any major fights on showtime is on ppv even semi decent ones

See Garcia vs Spencer lol

Dazn has ppv fights at 20 per month or 100 for the year

Dazn is the future of boxing, streaming has changed the world and cable networks will be a thing of the past

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            Wilder has fought on Fox numerous times and I think NBC too.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
              Agreed but I think the 50m dazn were offering to wilder to fight Joshua is the most he would ever get imo

He’s made a massive error

Haymon and co know the damage it would do, so won’t let him go
              Shut up b$tch nobody wants to hear you cry.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Lmao. Wilder wouldn’t get 1 million worldwide views on a Dazn dummy.

Comment

joshua klitschko live gate was 11 million and parker over 10. you arent doing the pound to dollar conversion and joshuas ppvs cost 1/3 of wilders but he sold 5 times as many against both. wilder is a dunce for saying 100 million isnt a lot if joshua is making more. joshua deserves to make more so im not sure what their gripe is. they offered a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                    This is a good post but Wilder doesn’t deserve any blame. They asked Wilder to go build his name. He did. They’ve asked him numerous times what have you sold? Well he’s sold ppvs. What is the most you’ve made? He’s told them. Why treat him like he doesn’t have a title because you’re the draw in the UK? Wilder has done it the right way and his own way and he’s built his brand. It’s time to make the fight.
                    what are you talking about? he turned down 100 million dollars to make 10 million a fight. how can you not blame him? he sold some ppvs but nowhere near as many as joshua. his live gates are nowhere near joshuas. hence why he wouldnt be making as much as joshua but he would still be making a ton and a lot more than his numbers say he should get. he keeps demanding 50-50 but its just not there. its his fault entirely
                    Last edited by daggum; 05-19-2019, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X