Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder is the hardest puncher in the history of the sport.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonysoprano View Post
    Anyone can bang out bums. Which A grade fighter has he knocked out? There isn't one.

And yes Breazale on that showing counts as a bum, he fought like a walking heavy bag in there.

Brazeale is a top 10 heavy.

Stiverne was the WBC heavyweight champ.

Luis Ortiz was top 5 heavy.

All those guys would obliterate the likes of 5'9 Frazier and 5'6 Marciano.

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Bayless View Post
      100% he is. the amount of leverage, speed and sheer ferocious will to kill people is unparalleled. foreman didn't have the speed, tyson didn't have the leverage that wilder does.

freak puncher
      I root for wilder. I wish his personality was different. But he’d get gassed against any great heavy of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
        Brazeale is a top 10 heavy.

Stiverne was the WBC heavyweight champ.

Luis Ortiz was top 5 heavy.

All those guys would obliterate the likes of 5'9 Frazier and 5'6 Marciano.
        You’re so uneducated about boxing it isn’t even funny...

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
          You’re so uneducated about boxing it isn’t even funny...

if boxing talent pool was so good back then, please answer this critical thinking question, why hasn't a 5'7 190 lbs italian dude dominate the HW ever again?

it's because the talent pool is so big now that a small italian man will never even make it into the top 20 of HW boxing.
          Last edited by HeadShots; 05-19-2019, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post

Foreman was 6'3 slow and stationary. Stiff. Upright. You think Foreman's signature uppercut would hit WIlder?

To give context not only is Wilder 6'7, he's also bigger and faster

times have changed.

Comment

Foreman was 6'3 slow and stationary. Stiff. Upright. You think Foreman's signature uppercut would hit WIlder?

To give context not only is Wilder 6'7, he's also bigger and faster

times have changed.
                I think the Forman that destroyed Frazier and fought Ali would have destroyed this current Wilder who is very hittable as seen by him getting stunned by a 40 year old man and boxed up by Fury. If you think Wilder pulling back in a straight line with his gloves up would have stopped Foreman's onslaught to the head and body then you are crazy. You basically are praying Wilder can land a Hail Mary punch because that would be his only chance.

Comment

I think the Forman that destroyed Frazier and fought Ali would have destroyed this current Wilder who is very hittable as seen by him getting stunned by a 40 year old man and boxed up by Fury. If you think Wilder pulling back in a straight line with his gloves up would have stopped Foreman's onslaught to the head and body then you are crazy. You basically are praying Wilder can land a Hail Mary punch because that would be his only chance.

based on the fact that Foreman knocked out a 5'8 Frazier? and only had 8 rounds of gas against Ali?

LMFAO

Wilder would take Foreman into the deep waters and knock him out late. Wilder carries KO power into the 12th.

Comment

based on the fact that Foreman knocked out a 5'8 Frazier? and only had 8 rounds of gas against Ali?

LMFAO

Wilder would take Foreman into the deep waters and knock him out late. Wilder carries KO power into the 12th.
                    Based on me seeing him get his chin checked by Fury(light puncher) and backing off including the 12th round. I know Foreman can take a punch and an ass whipping and keep fighting including getting a late KO. I really don't believe Wilder can take what George would be dishing and has no real defensive skill to avoid it. As I said you praying for a hail mary shot but the fight would be more Foreman busting Wilder's ribcage before he KOs him.
                    Last edited by Mister Wolf; 05-19-2019, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Based on me seeing him get his chin checked by Fury(light puncher) and backing off including the 12th round. I know Foreman and take a punch and an ass whipping and keep fighting including getting a late KO. I really don't believe Wilder can take what George would be dishing and has no real defensive skill to avoid it. As I said you praying for a hail mary shot but the fight would be more Foreman busting Wilder's ribcage before he KOs him.

Foreman got dropped by Jimmy Young and Lyle repetitively.

They are not better than Fury. Also Fury never even dropped Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                      X