Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder is the hardest puncher in the history of the sport.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilder the hardest puncher?!

I don`t think so.

Stiverne wasn` t dropped in first fight. he survived 12 rounds.
    Fury survived all 12 rounds ( he was dropped twice).
    Duhaupas wasn`t dropped.
    Szpilka dropped only in round 9 by KO.

I don`t think that dropping guys like Breazeale, Scott, Washington, Ortiz, Arreola..proves Wilder hits the hardest ever...

Comment

• What about such names from different eras as e.g. Max Baer, Sonny Liston or David Tua compared to Wilder ? I believe Wider's power is a bit overestimated, he never fighted someone with a really good chin.

Comment

• Every big heavyweight puncher ever has always had its detractors. And many times, it is fair criticism when one is discussing such an aloft position as hardest puncher of all time. Foreman had his Peralta, Tyson had his James Tillis, Shavers never really even knocked out anybody good besides Young, etc etc... Wilder is nothing new.

Comment

• Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
          The only ones that can really say how hard Wilder hits are the common foes that he has had that fought other guys.

He does have legit power in that right hand a la Lewis, Hearns, Bailey and a few others. If it lands clean its lights out.
          Don't say that.
          A grampa here is going to argue a 169 pounder with 15 KO's from Pittsburg would have outboxed him.

Wilder's right sure reminds me of Tommy.
          If only Wilder can develop that left hook and jab that Tommy had too.
          Freaking Tommy's left jab detached retinas and his left hook to the body hurt announcers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dariusz View Post
            What about such names from different eras as e.g. Max Baer, Sonny Liston or David Tua compared to Wilder ? I believe Wider's power is a bit overestimated, he never fighted someone with a really good chin.
            Tua's power was way overrated .

Liston and Baer might have had a better argument.
            But, still , neither one had that one shot power that Wilder has with the right cross.
            Liston was really left-handed but fought as a righty .
            So, his left hook was his biggest punch.
            It was mighty but not quite like Wilder's right cross imo.

Baer was a volume puncher as well. And liked hitting people behind the head.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
              Wilder the hardest puncher?!

I don`t think so.

Stiverne wasn` t dropped in first fight. he survived 12 rounds.
              Fury survived all 12 rounds ( he was dropped twice).
              Duhaupas wasn`t dropped.
              Szpilka dropped only in round 9 by KO.

I don`t think that dropping guys like Breazeale, Scott, Washington, Ortiz, Arreola..proves Wilder hits the hardest ever...

Wilder has the highest KO ratio of all the top heavy hitter list.

Comment

• You can’t debate these children. If you saw their picture you’d simply feel like an idiot for engaging in conversation with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
                  Don't say that.
                  A grampa here is going to argue a 169 pounder with 15 KO's from Pittsburg would have outboxed him.

Wilder's right sure reminds me of Tommy.
                  If only Wilder can develop that left hook and jab that Tommy had too.
                  Freaking Tommy's left jab detached retinas and his left hook to the body hurt announcers.
                  Wilder's tactic is to stay behind the jab (which is not bad) to land the right hand. His whole tactic is to get that right hand delivered.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                    Wilder has the highest KO ratio of all the top heavy hitter list.
                    His ratio is 95.2%.

If AJ KOs Ruiz then his ratio becomes 95.4%.

Would that make AJ the harder puncher in your opinion?

Considering Fury and Breazeale had been down and stopped many times before, and Povetkin/Ruiz hadn't, then that would also reinforce the idea that AJ hits harder.

Comment

• Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
                      His ratio is 95.2%.

If AJ KOs Ruiz then his ratio becomes 95.4%.

Would that make AJ the harder puncher in your opinion?

Considering Fury and Breazeale had been down and stopped many times before, and Povetkin/Ruiz hadn't, then that would also reinforce the idea that AJ hits harder.
                      They've been stopped many times before ?

Comment

Working...
                      X