Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wilder proving that skills dont matter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
    Are we living in an era where power and atleticism trump skill. I mean look at Wilder. He should not be this successful
    You must have missed his fight with tyson Fury

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
      Are we living in an era where power and atleticism trump skill. I mean look at Wilder. He should not be this successful
      The division is weak Butter Bean of the 90’s would be Champ today

Comment

Bob Sapp and Kimbo proved it already
        No skill necessary if you can outroid your opponent

Comment

Wilder’s confidence has grown tremendously and is behaving as a champion in the ring. He seems to be fighting more purposeful/with direction. He has an idea of what to do now AND how to go about making it happen. He’s undoubtedly improved in some aspects and with how assertive he’s been, he’s definitely at a point where he’s never going to lose to a guy like Breazeale....no knock on the guy but he’s not very good and the division itself isn’t exactly oozing with talent.

There are more skilled than him, sure... but he doesnt need to win ever minute of every round.

Joshua may well be the only one skilled and powerful enough to legitimately make him pay. Fury is more skilled as he showed but he’s not stopping Wilder...and 12 rounds is a long time to avoid Wilder as we saw.

Whyte might have something for him maybe. I’m interested He’s certainly explosive enough.

Comment

It is just such a bed era, that`s all. And Foreman was more skilled than Wilder.

Comment

All you need is more skill than your opponent. Which he clearly has. - end thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                The class is weak and has been for a long, long time. Nobody with THAT little skill could reign as champion because of only a bomb in his right hand in any class with talent.
                He just took out an Olympian in less than 1 round. He has skill, just atypical. You can acknowledge it or you can say he’s lucky. 40 dudes say otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  I'm a huge critic of his technique but he showed brilliant control of distance tonight. I was surprised. His punching was sloppy but when you finish a guy in 1 round, people don't get the right to criticize your punching too much so I'll STFU about that.
                  you can criticize the quality of his opponent who is trash.

Comment

fury showed wilder that skills do matter!

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                      all those skills suddenly disappeared against Fury doe. Breazle is a trash opponent.
                      Then why did Fury get dropped twice and almost got blasted to the moon.

Comment

Working...
                      X