Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Fury vs. Joshua Should Be in America - NOT The UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob is just trying to find a way to swing the profits in his own favour just like any shrewd greedy businessman.
    At the end of the day though, this fight will always do better in the UK. They'll hike the ticket prices for it at Wembley, get dispensation from the Mayor of London to raise the max crowd to well over 100K, and find a way to raise the PPV price as well because the demand would allow for it on such an occasion. They might even delay the fight time by an hour or 2, so it could be on closer to the standard time slot over in the USA.
    Never mind that the bulk of long term loyal fans for both men will always be Brits, so they should repay that loyalty. Too many people in the business of selling something are overly focused on new customers when they should be looking after their loyal current ones.

Comment

Would two Brit’s fighting honestly do 2m buys in the US though?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        I keep telling the Joshua fanboys that 90,000 at Wembley means fuck all compared to US ppv revenue.

Maybe now they'll listen.
        You probably keep saying AJ and Fury ain't PPV stars in America as well

Comment

I keep telling the Joshua fanboys that 90,000 at Wembley means fuck all compared to US ppv revenue.

What are Joshua and Fury’s best performances on the US networks?

Bearing that in mind, how many PPVs do you reckon their fight would do in the US? 300-400k or so? And that is being extremely generous.

In the U.K. it would break all records by a long distance probably looking at 2.5 mill or so. Also, if we think we are getting Joshua vs Fury for the normal U.K. PPV price then I got a bridge to sell everyone.

This fight won’t be in the US. It wouldn’t generate more cash in the US.

If you believe Arum here you probably also believe he was building a stadium to host Mayweather vs Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by nick_viking View Post
            Would two Brit’s fighting honestly do 2m buys in the US though?
            Absolutely no ****ing chance

Comment

Fury/Joshua for undisputed in the UK at Wembley clears 2m PPV buys EASILY, whether £20, £30 or £40.

It does not do those numbers in the US.

Comment

What's wrong with watching the fight on a saturday afternoon? It's not that bad once in a long while.

Comment

The money is in the United States no one can deny that but the passion and pulse is in the UK. Imagine 90k US citizens in a stadium, wow I bet you another era of boxing would be birthed

Comment

The money is in the United States no one can deny that but the passion and pulse is in the UK. Imagine 90k US citizens in a stadium, wow I bet you another era of boxing would be birthed...

Comment

Working...
                    X