Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Billy Joe Saunders: Nobody Has Yet Seen The Best Of Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't rush Billy Goat Saunders, you are getting younger not older. Maybe you will show your best in 20 years time.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
      Doped up on what?! Boxing skills are skills ask Floyd
      Here you go:

https://www.boxingscene.com/billy-jo...opardy--132230

If he was taking it for legit reasons, all he had to do was declare it ahead of time with a TUE.

"Ask Floyd?" hahaha Floyd and BJS in the same sentence

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Billy Joe Saunders is really hoping for a year to remember after one he'd forever love to forget-even if 2019 hasn't quite jumped off to the start he preferred. The unbeaten former middleweight titlist is ready to put the past behind him, as he heads into his vacant super middleweight title fight versus Shefat Isufi. Their clash takes place this Saturday live on BT Sport and ESPN+ from Lamex Stadium in Stevenage, England-mere minutes from Saunders' hometown of Hatfield.
        [Click Here To Read More]
        Yeah nobody has seen you period scrub. Fght some one with a pulse. Jack!

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Frog View Post
          He looked great against Lemieux, but he was probably doped up.
          He could well have been, but although there's many pharmaceuticals that could have improved his physical condition or helped with stamina or weigh loss, there's no drug known to man that gives you boxing skills and slickness.

Saunders might not be anyone's idea of an admirable human being, but the fucker can box.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            He could well have been, but although there's many pharmaceuticals that could have improved his physical condition or helped with stamina or weigh loss, there's no drug known to man that gives you boxing skills and slickness.

Saunders might not be anyone's idea of an admirable human being, but the fucker can box.
            BJS didn’t engage with Lemieux. BJS let Eubank Jr. rack 4 rounds against his Olympic pedigree. He also didn’t do anything against Monroe Jr. and also let go 4 rounds.

All BJS did was run against Lemieux, whom has piss poor ring IQ and only power with his T-Rex arms.

Andrade would’ve schooled BJS, a tall guy whom would make the Southpaw skills from Monroe Jr or the war torn Andy Lee look amateur. We all know BJS was scared to prepare for Andrade since they had to try a different camp in losing weight. They didn’t even bother. He then fought at 178lbs. What Middleweight does that?

Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 05-17-2019, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
              BJS didn’t engage with Lemieux. BJS let Eubank Jr. rack 4 rounds against his Olympic pedigree. He also didn’t do anything against Monroe Jr. and also let go 4 rounds.

All BJS did was run against Lemieux, whom has piss poor ring IQ and only power with his T-Rex arms.

Andrade would’ve schooled BJS, a tall guy whom would make the Southpaw skills from Monroe Jr or the war torn Andy Lee look amateur. We all know BJS was scared to prepare for Andrade since they had to try a different camp in losing weight. They didn’t even bother. He then fought at 178lbs. What Middleweight does that?

I don't understand your point. Your tone suggests you maybe imagine I'm some kind of Saunders fan. I'm not. However he has shown very good skills on occasion although he often gives away rounds because (as your picture helps to illustrate) his conditioning has often been a bit **** and he hasn't always taken his boxing career seriously.

With regards to Andrade - well, sure, we're free to speculate until that fight happens if it ever does. Between them they make up as bad a pair of underachievers as I can recently recall given the undoubted natural talents both possess. Shit - Boo Boo doesn't even have anyone as good as Andy Lee on his resume, so - yeah. You got your opinion, I just don't know which way it would go, but I'm pretty sure it would be - as they say - 'one for the purists'.

Comment

I don't understand your point. Your tone suggests you maybe imagine I'm some kind of Saunders fan. I'm not. However he has shown very good skills on occasion although he often gives away rounds because (as your picture helps to illustrate) his conditioning has often been a bit **** and he hasn't always taken his boxing career seriously.

With regards to Andrade - well, sure, we're free to speculate until that fight happens if it ever does. Between them they make up as bad a pair of underachievers as I can recently recall given the undoubted natural talents both possess. Shit - Boo Boo doesn't even have anyone as good as Andy Lee on his resume, so - yeah. You got your opinion, I just don't know which way it would go, but I'm pretty sure it would be - as they say - 'one for the purists'.
                Sure, on occasion. I’d say Ricky Burns’ legacy skills and matchups are better than BJS. These are proven for whom you’ve fought and when. Until BJS gets in there with a real one and takes shots as Burns did with Crawford, then I’d say BJS could do something with GGG or Canelo. I say Canelo, Jacobs, Andrade, GGG all best BJS. Looking “pretty” on ocassion as you say doesn’t cut it for elite level.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                  Sure, on occasion. I’d say Ricky Burns’ legacy skills and matchups are better than BJS. These are proven for whom you’ve fought and when. Until BJS gets in there with a real one and takes shots as Burns did with Crawford, then I’d say BJS could do something with GGG or Canelo. I say Canelo, Jacobs, Andrade, GGG all best BJS. Looking “pretty” on ocassion as you say doesn’t cut it for elite level.
                  Maybe they could, I ain't said different, and yeah, until any of those fights happen we won't know for sure. We can, of course, speculate based on comparative performances, but that's all it is. Really I'm mainly judging Saunders' skill set off the Lemieux masterclass, but let's face it Lemieux ain't really all that so it's pretty thin evidence. Let's hope we get a chance to find out for real what he's got at the top level.

Comment

Saunders can definitely box. He's a great boxer.

I said his win against Lemieux is tainted due to the PED usage.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Frog View Post
                      Saunders can definitely box. He's a great boxer.

I said his win against Lemieux is tainted due to the PED usage.
                      Well, I guess you could certainly put an asterisk by it - same as you could against previous wins of any fighter who's popped dirty, what I was trying to say was that it was skills that won him that fight and the PEDs wouldn't have changed that, though it's fair to argue they could have given him the stamina to keep it up over 12.

Comment

Working...
                      X