Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Not Convinced That Josh Warrington Would Face Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Not Convinced That Josh Warrington Would Face Him

WBC featherweight champion Gary Russell Jr. is not convinced that Josh Warrington, the IBF champion, would face him in a unification clash. Russell is back on Saturday night, when he defends his world titles against former champion Kiko Martinez at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Warrington (28-0, 6 KOs) has a mandatory defense coming up on June 15th, when he collides with undefeated Kid Galahad.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good ol Gary the ground hog talks about big fights but ends up fighting guys like Martinez. His resume is an embarrassing one to say the least. See you sometime next year Gary.

Comment

Gary has another job. If he's living off of his boxing purses, he's starving. Maybe he eats like a bird. I don't know. There has to be a reason why he's sitting on this title like he is.

Comment

Gary how about you stop trying to live off other fighters and actually fight a good 3 times a year and you won’t have to pray for the big fights....the fans will demand those other fighters fight you

Comment

Gary talks about big fights but does nothing to put himself into position. His only bargaining chip is his belt.

Comment

TJI: I just got off the phone with Godzilla and King Kong. I offered both of them $75 million a piece and neither wanted the smoke.

I’m with Russell. Nobody wants to fight him. Hats of to Kiko for taking the challenge.

Comment

Warrington fights the best. You fight garbage and still haven't beaten a good fighter. So yeah, if it comes down to it, we know Warrington will accept. Will you though? Or will you just continue fighting nobodies once a year?

Comment

GRJ been talking about EVERYONE later which is very un-GRJ-like.

GRJ must be in cashout mode or something & realizes he's been going nowhere fast with his lack of wanting to fight at all it seems.

GRJ's last few years & the beginning of his title reign:

May 2019 vs Kiko Martinez (39-8-2) ???
                (1 year off)
                May 2018 vs JoJo Diaz (26-0) W12
                (1 year off)
                May 2017 vs Oscar Escandon (25-2) KO7
                (1 year, 1 month off)
                Apr 2016 vs Patrick Hyland (31-1) KO2
                (1 year, 1 month off)
                Mar 2015 vs Jhonny Gonzalez (57-8) KO4

Wut a f#cking waste of talent. 5 fights in 4 years & 2 months. This cat is either legit breaking his hands every fight or he's just not got no real motivation to maximize his money or his legacy/potential in boxing.

Fair play to him maybe he'll be the guy with the most brain cells at the 20 year reunion idk.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                  Gary talks about big fights but does nothing to put himself into position. His only bargaining chip is his belt.
                  Has he ever been talking as much as he's been lately? I feel like he's called out everyone & their momma this week alone.

I can't say I give a f#ck about the talk 90% of the time, but I feel like he's been a quiet guy largely.

It does feels like time is becoming less on his side doe with him turning 31 next month. He's gonna need to get a big fight lined up soon if he wants to set himself up post boxing.

Comment

How about doing something you not accustomed to doing and fighting 2-3 times this year

Comment

Working...
                    X