Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people pretend like Tyson Fury didn't clearly beat Deontay Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    Your math is flawed.

Wilder won two rounds - the knockdown rounds - which is four effective points.

That gives Fury eight effective rounds and Wilder four effective rounds.

116-112.
    No, to me he won four rounds so my math isn't flawed. I didn't say he just won the KD rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      GTFO with this SHYTE! Most fans watching around the world are a bunch of casuals that can't even explain a 10-8 round! never mind how close a decision becomes with two!!!
      Even his own team thought he lost. You are discrediting the popular view of casuals and the experts. Ive heard many many more experts who called it for Fury than called it for Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
        The only people who say that Wilder didn't get schooled are people with an agenda. It is that simple. This isn't a subjective thing. Fury gave Wilder a boxing lesson for 10 and a half rounds.
        Like I said . You guys have fun .

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          in order to use Judah/Floyd as an example you would have to find me a link to what Judah agreed in principle to fight Floyd before he lost to baldo...because Floyd/zab had agreed before baldomir fight

so that would mean whatever zab agreed to in money...Floyd would have to have tripled it after he lost to baldomir

and I doubt that happened

you aren't able to follow this convo

wilder was only worth 12-15 to hearn for AJ...then after the fight he was worth 3x that to DAZN.....why? how? especially after fury supposedly embarrassed wilder?

I know that wilder is worth more to fight AJ than he is to fight anyone else...but it doesn't add up with what aj/hearns fans say

they told us he should take the 12-15 and be happy because its more than he usually makes...yet what he usually makes is irrelevant since he wouldn't be fighting who he usually does
          So you are asking for a fighter who agreed in principle to a dollar figure (which Wilder didn't), who then clearly lost but got an L (which wilder didn't), who then made three times more (which wilder hasn't since nothing has been agreed) for their next fight (which Joshua is not), to compare this to wilder's situation... hmm then you wonder why i couldn't follow.

The fact is the scenario is ridiculous to find a comparison bc of the amount of factors invovled, not bc wilder won. DLH was given a gift against sturm where he clearly lost and then was paid a ton of money in his next fight against bhop. Things similar to this happen all the time.

You are comparing what message board fans are saying he was worth to what actual people in the business are now saying the fight is worth, it doesn't mean his stock went up, it means they couldn't get the fight done at the lower price... i can't imagine anyone watched that fight and thought wilders stock rose

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            DAZN throwing crazy money around made a huge difference. Golovkin is making $10m for fighting whatshisface for crying out loud.

It's a combination of crazy new money, the belt and Wilder being a marketable opponent. Pacquaio made more money AFTER getting schooled by Marquez then slept by him than he was offered previously. Did Pacquaio in fact win the fight he got KO'd?
            pac already a mega star making 20-30 mil purses when he got sparked

"wilder is a poor who make 1.5 a fight doe"

Comment

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
              So you are asking for a fighter who agreed in principle to a dollar figure (which Wilder didn't), who then clearly lost but got an L (which wilder didn't), who then made three times more (which wilder hasn't since nothing has been agreed) for their next fight (which Joshua is not), to compare this to wilder's situation... hmm then you wonder why i couldn't follow.

The fact is the scenario is ridiculous to find a comparison bc of the amount of factors invovled, not bc wilder won. DLH was given a gift against sturm where he clearly lost and then was paid a ton of money in his next fight against bhop. Things similar to this happen all the time.

You are comparing what message board fans are saying he was worth to what actual people in the business are now saying the fight is worth, it doesn't mean his stock went up, it means they couldn't get the fight done at the lower price... i can't imagine anyone watched that fight and thought wilders stock rose
              wilder agreed to hearns lowball and fight in UK....it was hearn who couldnt fill one simple request..."must be 2018 date...must be 2018"

if you arent up to speed on that i cant help you and theres nothing i can say that can snap you out of your fantasyland

Comment

how does a guy get clearly beaten by fury and then turn around the next day and have his value increase 3x to fight AJ?

explain that using logic...when have you ever seen that happen?

you guys swear he ducked the AJ offer....yet how does one get "embarrassed" by fury and then have his market value increase?

are you going to tell me its because he has the wbc belt alone?!?!?! you would say that! I bet that's what youll say!!

the wbc belt was worth 12-15 million mere months earlier!!!
                weren't you the guy claiming that the 3x offer increase was proof that wilder was lowballed before? now his value legitimately increased because he really beat fury? I guess it wasn't a low ball after all. fury got jobbed, wilder still has the belt...an undisputed champion can't be crowned without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                  weren't you the guy claiming that the 3x offer increase was proof that wilder was lowballed before? now his value legitimately increased because he really beat fury? I guess it wasn't a low ball after all. fury got jobbed, wilder still has the belt...an undisputed champion can't be crowned without it.
                  nope....youre still missing it

i did say the 3x increase was proof he was lowballed....and that his value has legit increased

but i didnt say he beat fury..not once..never said it..never came close...in fact the point is that the hearniacs are running around insisting that fury indeed embarrassed and easily beat wilder

so im asking them, maybe even you in this case, how do those things correlate

you have clowns running around here saying fury "clearly beat" wilder.....so how does a guys who has been clearly beaten see his positition increase while being outboxed and "clearly beaten"?

and undisputed champ cant be crowned without it yes! you are correct! so why did hearn think widler and his wbc belt was worth 3x less mere months earlier? what changed? the only thing hearniacs claim changed was that wilder was clearly beaten and embarrassed!

i actually thought you werent a complete idiot until you just posted...now its clear a simple point is lost on you

Comment

nope....youre still missing it

i did say the 3x increase was proof he was lowballed....and that his value has legit increased

but i didnt say he beat fury..not once..never said it..never came close...in fact the point is that the hearniacs are running around insisting that fury indeed embarrassed and easily beat wilder

so im asking them, maybe even you in this case, how do those things correlate

you have clowns running around here saying fury "clearly beat" wilder.....so how does a guys who has been clearly beaten see his positition increase while being outboxed and "clearly beaten"?

and undisputed champ cant be crowned without it yes! you are correct! so why did hearn think widler and his wbc belt was worth 3x less mere months earlier? what changed? the only thing hearniacs claim changed was that wilder was clearly beaten and embarrassed!

i actually thought you werent a complete idiot until you just posted...now its clear a simple point is lost on you
                    why are you so concerned with the opinions of posters on a message board? you're basing your whole argument on what gets posted here. wilder didn't lose on paper, he still has the belt, so people thinking fury beat him isn't all that relevant in terms of doing a mega fight for the undisputed hw championship.

what hearn offered wilder and what dazn offered are 2 completely separate things...you know this. what point are you trying to make anyway? that wilder convincingly beat fury and everyone knows it, so his value has skyrocketed? or that wilder was worth way more that 12-15mil, so the dazn offer proved wilder was low balled?

I know all this stuff probably sounds good to you, but take into consideration that maybe you're not as smart as you think you are. we all fall victim to the dunning-kruger effect...being able to recognize it is something else.

Comment

Because he didn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X