No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: Thurman is One of Boxing's Best Pound-for-Pound

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    I commend Pacquiao for taking this fight at this point in his career. Thurman might just retire him.
    ... right... Thurman really is good...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      ... Pacman didn't say it was a WBA business... he said: "He is the best 147-[pounder] available at this time"... that's why I asked...

... I'll be honest with you: having in mind Pac's age, I can't see how he would be able to win vs Thurman...
      Pac is telling the truth. thurman has the best resume and a tested fighter in the ww than spence and crawford combined.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
        Pac is telling the truth. thurman has the best resume and a tested fighter in the ww than spence and crawford combined.
        ... you're one of Pac's fans... OK... me too, I didn't want to see Pac retired by Spence, after a meaningless slaughter...

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Yes, they change their time when it suits them. They say lomo is nothing as he only passed eye test and fought nobody. Whereas Nell is no1 pfp because who he beat.
          Well Crawford looks like a beast whilst not fighting anyone like lomo.
          Thurman is best w w to fight for pac. Making Pac fo td again
          FOTD if he wins! Not so sure that happens! I think that "ring rust" seduced Manny! I doubt Thurman is rusty this time around!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            FOTD if he wins! Not so sure that happens! I think that "ring rust" seduced Manny! I doubt Thurman is rusty this time around!
            I doubt it was ring rust. Deliberately looked under par to bag the Pac fight. You've got do that sometimes. Fury didn't look too good before wilder fight im.sure he hoped wilder might underestimate him.
            If Pac wins he will be Ford again. I think Floyd fans know that and it's their biggest fear. So they will insult thurman as much as they can.in meantime in hope it persuaded the people who give fotd awards out
            Last edited by hugh grant; 05-13-2019, 06:41 AM.

Comment

... Pacman: "He is the best 147-[pounder] available at this time"...

I don't remember: did Pac call out Spence just after the Mikey fight?
              No, Spence called him out

Comment

Originally posted by dwayne3534 View Post
                No, Spence called him out
                ... and so I remember...

Comment

... you're one of Pac's fans... OK... me too, I didn't want to see Pac retired by Spence, after a meaningless slaughter...

Sorry, but Manny isn't always the honest guy most think. The fact is, Thurman has one fight in coming off a very long layoff, and didn't look great. He is not the best available for Pac to fight no matter how you spin it.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu
                    Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
                    Sorry, but Manny isn't always the honest guy most think. The fact is, Thurman has one fight in coming off a very long layoff, and didn't look great. He is not the best available for Pac to fight no matter how you spin it.

... try and read it (again) like this: "I didn't want to see Pac retired by Spence, after a meaningless slaughter, me too"...

(and also read my posts above...)
                    Last edited by MDPopescu; 05-13-2019, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      I doubt it was ring rust. Deliberately looked under par to bag the Pac fight. You've got do that sometimes. Fury didn't look too good before wilder fight im.sure he hoped wilder might underestimate him.
                      If Pac wins he will be Ford again. I think Floyd fans know that and it's their biggest fear. So they will insult thurman as much as they can.in meantime in hope it persuaded the people who give fotd awards out
                      Floyd was THE MAN from De La Hoya to Pacquiao! That's undisputable! I don't know if Thurman deliberately looked bad vs. Lopez, but I know he didn't look as good as Spence and Danny Garcia! I expect him to look better, but I will give full props to Pacquiao if he beats him! Due to the fact that Thurman has been ducking Errol Spence Jr. for so long, I'm actually rooting for Pacquiao!

Comment

Working...
                      X