No announcement yet.

If Pacquiao beats Thurman he has to rank over Floyd historically

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    I m sure some independent sources have Floyd above PAC, but i don't know enough about them to say there are more ranking Floyd above PAC or vice versa.
    And I don't know how unbiased they are or if they're looking through rose tinted glasses.
    I mean jmm said PAC is without question the best of era. I mean youd obviously say he was biased without much evidence other than its your opinion? I don't know enough about the so called independent sources you go on about that rank Floyd above pac to say whether they are unbiased or not
    Not some, all. Every single one. That says something.

Again if you had any unbiased, fair poll of ATG that ranked manny ahead then you’d have posted it or referenced it. You don’t because there is none.

Take your personal love for manny out of it. Losses matter. Wins count too and manny doesn't have one single win on his resume better than Floyd’s wins over him and Canelo.

The only way you can get manny ahead of Floyd is to not count the head to head matchup, who has best wins, or any of Manny’s losses. That is insane bias that can’t be taken seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bandman View Post
      No debate

Pac is a damn dinosaur and hes facing a young lion in his PRIME.

Floyd DUCKED thurman as a mandatory with no shame.

If Manny pulls this off he surpasses Floyd in the history books.
      Floyd engineered his career to perfection that you can easily say a valid argument he’s higher.

As his fan, I’ll always believe he ducked pacquiao and a whole lot of other fighters though and all fought them at his own time.

Comment

• Originally posted by sargo View Post
        For some he already is ranked higher - eg Max Kellerman

Comment

• He'll never be a better h2h fighter than Floyd; as floyd has more facets to his game...but in the minds of people possibly. Since he has sort of a great white hope vibe to him.

Comment

• I
            Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Not some, all. Every single one. That says something.

Again if you had any unbiased, fair poll of ATG that ranked manny ahead then you’d have posted it or referenced it. You don’t because there is none.

Take your personal love for manny out of it. Losses matter. Wins count too and manny doesn't have one single win on his resume better than Floyd’s wins over him and Canelo.

The only way you can get manny ahead of Floyd is to not count the head to head matchup, who has best wins, or any of Manny’s losses. That is insane bias that can’t be taken seriously.
            I've stumbled across a few independent polls accidentally that had Floyd ranked above pac. I can't even remembered which polls they were. The opinions of the couple I've accidentally come across aren't the bible.

Floyd wins over pac and nelo aren't better than. Pac s best wins.
            The nel o Floyd beat isn't the version Ggg beat. Nel o was a nobody when Floyd beat him. Nelo barely beat trout a one hit wonder himself. floyds win over nel o was a CW. Barrera is candidate for best mexican.ever when Pac beat him. Pac actually stopped cotto, something Floyd or even nel o couldn't do. so that win.is better than anything Floyd did alone. Only plaster in gloves was able to.

If Floyd s only good wins are nel o and pac, Pac has had 20 fights more than floyd. So a bigger pool of good wins for pac and more in depth. Should be 3 wins over bradley, X2 mora les, x2 barrera, should be x3 jmm. Floyd should try beat Nelo again to prove it weren't a fluke. But we know floyd only beats weakest versions, and leaves it up to his fans to elevate the wins to epic proportions for him.
            Pac s resume is just more in depth and stronger. Ray Charles can see that.

Floyd is on paper unbeaten. But dlh took him distance, and so did Hatton nearly. Floyd is a American version of sven ottke with his home comforts. If people can find reasons why ottke and calzaghe aren't as great as Pac people aren't going to find it hard why Floyd isnt.

There's countless ways to downgrade Floyd to below Pac and his losses, and people do that. It's not hard.
            The boxing world considers Pac greater. The voice of boxing world is more resonant than a couple of independent polls
            Last edited by hugh grant; 05-27-2019, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sargo View Post
              For some he already is ranked higher - eg Max Kellerman
              And max kellerman always favor floyd maybe this haters will now call max DKSAB. lmao.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                I

I've stumbled across a few independent polls accidentally that had Floyd ranked above pac. I can't even remembered which polls they were. The opinions of the couple I've accidentally come across aren't the bible.

Floyd wins over pac and nelo aren't better than. Pac s best wins.
                The nel o Floyd beat isn't the version Ggg beat. Nel o was a nobody when Floyd beat him. Nelo barely beat trout a one hit wonder himself. floyds win over nel o was a CW. Barrera is candidate for best mexican.ever when Pac beat him. Pac actually stopped cotto, something Floyd or even nel o couldn't do. so that win.is better than anything Floyd did alone. Only plaster in gloves was able to.

If Floyd s only good wins are nel o and pac, Pac has had 20 fights more than floyd. So a bigger pool of good wins for pac and more in depth. Should be 3 wins over bradley, X2 mora les, x2 barrera, should be x3 jmm. Floyd should try beat Nelo again to prove it weren't a fluke. But we know floyd only beats weakest versions, and leaves it up to his fans to elevate the wins to epic proportions for him.
                Pac s resume is just more in depth and stronger. Ray Charles can see that.

Floyd is on paper unbeaten. But dlh took him distance, and so did Hatton nearly. Floyd is a American version of sven ottke with his home comforts. If people can find reasons why ottke and calzaghe aren't as great as Pac people aren't going to find it hard why Floyd isnt.

There's countless ways to downgrade Floyd to below Pac and his losses, and people do that. It's not hard.
                The boxing world considers Pac greater. The voice of boxing world is more resonant than a couple of independent polls
                Don’t lies. Every single poll of unbiased media and historians have Floyd ahead of manny.

How could manny have beaten better versions when Floyd fought odh, Mosley and hatton before manny did? Floyd has the 2 best wins of all the wins of both fighters. How can you post the morales wins! Manny couldn’t beat morales until Raheem destroyed him and morales was coming down in weight.

But let’s take personal bias out of this and just go with the unbiased polls. Manny cant have a stronger resume because he has losses on it. You want to not count the losses and that isn’t possible.

The loss to morales and the loss to jmm put manny behind Floyd. The loss to Floyd forever puts manny behind him if you are being fair and unbiased. Then there are the other losses and draws. That is his resume. You can’t change it or on pick the good points.

Comment

• Threads like this only prove Mayweather is greater. Here we are years later and Pac fans are still justifying him losing, making excuses for his other losses, and reaching for any 'proof' that pacquiao is better. You know, because he couldn't prove it himself in the ring. Floyd doesn't have to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoozook9 View Post
                    Threads like this only prove Mayweather is greater. Here we are years later and Pac fans are still justifying him losing, making excuses for his other losses, and reaching for any 'proof' that pacquiao is better. You know, because he couldn't prove it himself in the ring. Floyd doesn't have to do that.
                    Facts. Pure facts.

If you have to:

Make excuses to favor Manny
                    Make excuses to discredit Floyd

Then:

Simple logical will tell who is greater

Comment

• if floyd can become a champion at 160,168 and 175 then I will put him above pac. lmao

Comment

Working...
                      X