Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You need to STOP with the "eye test" BS. You're doing fighters a disservice.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    It's cool to duck facts bro
    The fact is your an idiot and no need to respond .

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
      The fact is your an idiot and no need to respond .
      Not sure if you're just computer illiterate or what, but you're up in MY thread, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
        It's a triad in the sense of your ranking of fighters

Hall of fame morales(D) losses to zahir(C) funeka(B) beats zahir(C).

Horn(A) beats (B) so that to you means (A) gets the credibility of the (D) loss
        so it's a rated win according to you and you rate horn for it even though funeka isnt rated
        Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
        You're giving Horn the credit of Raheem beating a prime Morales

Time to log off man
        Maybe you don't get it. That's exactly how BoxRec scores it. You get points based on the past opposition of who you beat.

The ONLY reason Crawford is as high as he is at welter is because of the Jeff Horn win, for the same reason.

The bottom line is the same: DID YOU BEAT A HALL OF FAME FIGHTER?

Jeff Horn has. Terence Crawford has not.

Look, you're free to like Crawford all you want. I never said he's a bad fighter. I give him major credit. I simply won't credit him, Spence, Loma, Mikey, Charlo, Teofimo, Choco, Estrada or any of these other hopefuls as #1 when you got Canelo Alvarez walking around with a HALL OF FAME RESUME. That's facts, cannot be refuted, and that's all I'm saying bro.

Comment

Just because a boxer passes the “Eye test” doesn’t mean they can’t lose to lower and better opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Just because a boxer passes the “Eye test” doesn’t mean they can’t lose to lower and better opposition.
            Name one fighter who been an "eye test" fighter with a C or B level resume and no losses.

I'll do it for you - Billy Juice Saunders.

Now, answer this. What makes him worthy of P4P anything?

Here's another one. Jermall Charlo.

What makes him worthy of P4P anything?

Here's another one. Teofimo Lopez.

Here's another one. Juan Francisco Estrada. Before he lost.

I'll tell you this. I'd sooner rate Estrada than Loma or Crawford.

Why?

RESUME. Because of everyone I named, Estrada has the strongest RESUME. The eye test is meaningless.

Comment

Name one fighter who been an "eye test" fighter with a C or B level resume and no losses.

I'll do it for you - Billy Juice Saunders.

Now, answer this. What makes him worthy of P4P anything?

Here's another one. Jermall Charlo.

Here's another one. Teofimo Lopez.

Here's another one. Juan Francisco Estrada. Before he lost.

I'll tell you this. I'd sooner rate Estrada than Loma or Crawford.

Why?

RESUME. Because of everyone I named, Estrada has the strongest RESUME. The eye test is meaningless.

Firstly you don’t go by this “Undefeated” status. Secondly a boxers career is decided or looked at after they are done retired. Once everyone of them is done then you can say they achieved this or that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Firstly you don’t go by this “Undefeated” status. Secondly a boxers career is decided or looked at after they are done retired. Once everyone of them is done then you can say they achieved this or that.
                And if we're taking that tact against what Rosenthal said, if Canelo, Loma and Crawford all retired today, are we seriously saying that Lomachenko and Crawford should be considered up there with Sugar Ray Leonard?

No. It's laughable. That's the problem. Those guys aren't even Mayorga's level.

If those three guys retired TODAY, Canelo is a first ballot Hall of Famer. Period. First ballot Hall of Famers are P4P by their very nature. It means they got in there and tangled with some of the best in the business. That's not an "eye test" measure. It's factual data of what a fighter actually did vs. what it "looks" like they "could" do. That's what got Golovkin in trouble.

Comment

The eye test BS is exactly why Wilder is where he is today.
                  His only one and meaningful win is Luis Ortiz after freaking 40 fights.
                  A 40 yr old nobody.
                  And the bronze bum killer is suddenly acting like he beat prime Tyson.
                  It's disgusting.
                  Last edited by rickJen; 05-11-2019, 11:39 AM.

Comment

If Jeff Horn is a "pass" on an "eye test" for you get a second opinion immediately.

Comment

Maybe you don't get it. That's exactly how BoxRec scores it. You get points based on the past opposition of who you beat.

The ONLY reason Crawford is as high as he is at welter is because of the Jeff Horn win, for the same reason.

The bottom line is the same: DID YOU BEAT A HALL OF FAME FIGHTER?

Jeff Horn has. Terence Crawford has not.

Look, you're free to like Crawford all you want. I never said he's a bad fighter. I give him major credit. I simply won't credit him, Spence, Loma, Mikey, Charlo, Teofimo, Choco, Estrada or any of these other hopefuls as #1 when you got Canelo Alvarez walking around with a HALL OF FAME RESUME. That's facts, cannot be refuted, and that's all I'm saying bro.
                      I do get it. We know it's bullshlt though. Raheem beat a prime Morales in 2005. When did horn make his debut? 2014? Come on man.

Comment

Working...
                      X