No announcement yet.

Per ESPN Canelo vs Jacobs generated more then 48M in subscriptions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Yuo're doing it again. The source you cited said "approaching 1 million. As I told you, that is very vague. If Lance Pugmire's source is correct, 600k subs is "approaching 1 mil." The other source, which you didn't post a link, said "close to 1 million". 600k qualifies as "close to 1 million".

With all due respect, The lack of a solid US number all but confirms it's not meeting expectations. Notice when worldwide subs are discussed a solid figure is given.

If they know a solid figure for worldwide totals, they know a solid figure for US totals as well.
    Lance Pugmire said "peak US audience" in reference to the 600K figure not subscribers. If we assume 90% of the boxing subscribers watched the fight as some were probably at the fight, some probably watched the fight later and maybe some weren't interested then that would put boxing subscribers at 666k. It really isn't a stretch to think Bellator are pulling in 334k subscribers when some of their shows were pulling in a 1m+ viewers in spike so it's more than likely DAZN are very close to 1m subscribers.

Comment

pretty dope just think half forget to cancel, thats a 20 million recurring a year off just 1 fight,

next fight, they add on another 20 million recurring a year off another fight,

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        Not meeting expectations? DAZN likes the numbers so much they released the numbers themselves via a press release. You going by lance who makes it clear he is just guessing based off the live viewers amount. But youou disregarded the 2 sources a week before the fight one saying they will hit 1 mil by this weekend the other saying broadly they are approaching 1M subscribers now ESPN saying it did 48M in revenue subscribers making it almost impossible for them to not be at or around 1M subscribers. You can't have 600K subscribers off 48M revenue that's just a fact and it's impossible that every subscriber just happened to be logged in watching at the same time I told you was absurd to think that but we don't have to even entertain that anymore because we know the revenue did over 48M.

I don't know why you still on this ledge that they only did 600K subscribers when even the biggest DAZN haters have jumped off that lol
        You're lying yet again. I never posted "that they only did 600K subscribers". I posted what Lance cited from his source, no different than you posted from the source Dan cited in his tweet about the 48m revenue.

I didn't disregard either source. I simply pointed out that what you indicated was in the article was in fact not. I know that because I read what you posted. To say I disregarded it is complete bullsh-t. I read it with an open mind.

The fact is you're acting like a f-cking baby because I and others aren't regurgitating your slurpage. You are taking this extremely personally and I can't understand why.

The problem is you assume just because people aren't touting DAZN as the next best thing that they want it to fail or have some agenda against it. You can't even discuss this as a rational adult.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
          Lance Pugmire said "peak US audience" in reference to the 600K figure not subscribers. If we assume 90% of the boxing subscribers watched the fight as some were probably at the fight, some probably watched the fight later and maybe some weren't interested then that would put boxing subscribers at 666k. It really isn't a stretch to think Bellator are pulling in 334k subscribers when some of their shows were pulling in a 1m+ viewers in spike so it's more than likely DAZN are very close to 1m subscribers.
          His tweet says this is close to the subscriber base as well. I am sure there are more subscribers than viewers.

Look, I'm not saying this isn't possible. Nor am I saying your opinion isn't valid. I'm just waiting for some hard numbers, like they've done with worldwide sales. I mean we aren't in the stone age, we're in the digital age. I believe counting totals is somewhat easier and more accurate.

Comment

You are purposely avoiding my point. Lance Pugmire's tweet cited sources that said the 600k figure is about how many subs sold. I don't see why there is an issue. Lance isn't against DAZN or trying to undermine their success.

While I don't doubt your point about Bellator, I don't think you can state for sure that those people will be buying DAZN. Even if you are correct that doesn't in any way negate Lance's post.

My point is frankie and bigdunny1 keep floating a number that they can't confirm. Then they exaggerate or completely misrepresent what some articles are stating. When called on it, they resort to name calling and racial attacks as if they have been attacked personally.

If the app is doing that great they should be able to post solid figures to support their statements.
            lance was taking live viewers and clearly just guessed well that's how many subscribers DAZN has. lol It never made sense to think only those who watched Canelo live on saturday are all of DAZN subscribers I don't know how many times I have to repeat this not all subscribers watch live and not all subscribers care about Canelo they have tons of other content on their app then just Canelo fights. But that arguement is dead because we have ESPN backing up the at or close to 1M subscribers by saying the fight generated 48M from subscribers. So tell me how the math where that works out to 600K subscribers? You would need 100% every DAZN subscriber to be on the $99 year plan to hit that Revenue mark that it is IMPOSSIBLE. Even if half are on the yearly plan which is very unlikely to get to 48M revenue you would need 800K subscribers at minimum. But keep going on with this nonsense that they only have 600K subscribers total the exact amount of live viewers and that NOBODY subscribes to DAZN for Bellalator or the other sports they have and NOBODY watches fights ondemand or had somewhere else to be at the exact time it was airing live. lol Like I told you I have DAZN but watched the fight at my buddies fight party, many have DAZN but were in Vegas. Some have DAZN but decided to watch the fight maybe later that night or the next morning. You never get 100% of subscribers all watching at the same damn time anyone who has any background on streaming apps know this. The benefit of these apps the freedom to watch all their content whenever you want on your time schedule.

Comment

His tweet says this is close to the subscriber base as well. I am sure there are more subscribers than viewers.

Look, I'm not saying this isn't possible. Nor am I saying your opinion isn't valid. I'm just waiting for some hard numbers, like they've done with worldwide sales. I mean we aren't in the stone age, we're in the digital age. I believe counting totals is somewhat easier and more accurate.
              How do you get to 48M off subscriber revenue if you are not at or close to 1M subscribers you show the me the math how this is possible? I'll wait....lol The math adds up to what was reported 1 week before the fight. Dude you got to let this one go lol

Comment

How do you get to 48M off subscriber revenue if you are not at or close to 1M subscribers you show the me the math how this is possible? I'll wait....lol The math adds up to what was reported 1 week before the fight. Dude you got to let this one go lol
                Below is Dan's tweet:

The Canelo Alvarez-Daniel Jacobs middleweight championship fight had more than 1.2 million viewers watching across DAZN’s eight territories, the streaming service announced Wednesday. More than 700,000 devices – some on $20 monthly plans and some on $100 annual subscriptions – were tuned into the fight with more than 600,000 of the concurrent streams coming from the United States, a source with knowledge of the figures told ESPN, adding that the fight generated more revenue in new subscriptions than the roughly $48 million cost of the main event. The fight was the second of Alvarez’s five-year, 11-fight, $365 million deal with DAZN.
                If I read Dan's tweet correctly, the revenue is worldwide streams and covers the cost of the event, which was $48 mil. This is not just the US streams. Do you agree?

If this is worldwide streams, you need to get off the 1m total for the US.

You are so invested in DAZN doing well that you aren't reading articles and tweets carefully. Worse, you are reporting that they are stating something they are not.
                Last edited by The Big Dunn; 05-09-2019, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
                  Exactly. 600K at minimum is the subscribers since that many alone watched Canelo live in the US on saturday. to say DAZN has NO additional subscribers that don't care about Canelo or couldn't or didn't want to watch it live is beyond stupid. Bellator alone sends their PPV level fights exclusively to DAZN and there are other sports on top of that that all have subscribers. The math simply does not add up that they would ONLY have 600K subscribers and nobody said I'll watch it ondemand hours after the fight or the next morning or simply have DAZN but don't care about Canelo.
                  Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-09-2019, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Exactly. 600K at minimum is the subscribers since that many alone watched Canelo live in the US on saturday. to say DAZN has NO additional subscribers that don't care about Canelo or couldn't or didn't want to watch it live is beyond stupid. Bellator alone sends their PPV level fights exclusively to DAZN and there are other sports on top of that that all have subscribers. The math simply does not add up that they would ONLY have 600K subscribers and nobody said I'll watch it ondemand hours after the fight or the next morning or simply have DAZN but don't care about Canelo.
                    Don't be a coward and avoid my last post. Did Dan's tweet say US revenue was $48 mil or worldwide revenue was $48 mil?

Comment

Below is Dan's tweet:

If I read Dan's tweet correctly, the revenue is worldwide streams and covers the cost of the event, which was $48 mil. This is not just the US streams. Do you agree?

If this is worldwide streams, you need to get off the 1m total for the US.

You are so invested in DAZN doing well that you aren't reading articles and tweets carefully. Worse, you are reporting that they are stating something they are not.
                      DAZN put out a press release strictly stating the worldwide views nothing else. ESPN states their source is talking about the US how many live views and the revenue off new subscribers you think his source who is talking about the US is really saying strictly worldwide? I doubt that and don't read it that way. But I guess you could interpret that way if you really butt hurt about the number being a success for the DAZN but I see you also clearly choosing to ignoring the fact that it clearly says revenue in "new subscriptions" so presumably that means not including whatever subscribers they already had before the fight. And if half of the total live viewers are from the US then the new revenue at minimum was half the subscribers. So 24M in new subscribers in the US on top of whatever their subscriptions already were. Either way you make making huge assumptions that of the at very least 600K subscribers they have in the US who watched the fight live that DAZN doesn't have a single subscriber that has DAZN for something other then Canelo fights. And that nobody who cares about the fight decided to watch the fight later ondemand or simply was at Vegas or at a fight party. And you are ignoring the 2 reports the week before that all said they are at or around 1M subscribers. But nope according to you they are only at 600K even though the revenue numbers no matter how you spin make that impossible and the fact that no stream app has 100% all their subscribers viewing at the same damn time no matter what event/program they have going on.
                      Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-09-2019, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X