No announcement yet.

Per ESPN Canelo vs Jacobs generated more then 48M in subscriptions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    stop calling for help you race baiting c-ck gurgling maggot.

DAZN did great sales worldwide. Tremendous revenue generated Sat night. There however were a ton of issues and problems that hopefully didn't result in mass cancellations. You only get 1 chance to make a 1st impression and DAZN's 1st impression among a number of customers was negative. Just the facts.

Hopefully they get it fixed in time for the next big fight.
    Stop lying! DAZN did horrible sales like $48million and the color of their font on login will be the demise of DAZN because Haymon says so!

Comment

• Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
      You sir are a good man. Real recognize real. You even kept it 100 after Jacobs lost. Props for being a true gangsta in the mean streets unlike DAZN-hatin Mary Kohns!
      Jacobs is still bad ass in my eyes but Canelo was faster and more accurate. My only issue was the commentary. Oh, well.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        Not for me

Did you pay your neighbor or what? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          Did you pay your neighbor or what? lol
          When they started it was 10 bucks. I've never canceled so they only charge me the ten still.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
            I was roughly averaging the average monthly cost of the annual purchase($9) with the one month cost ($20). Assuming the subs were roughly 50/50 of monthly buys and annual buys.

I realize they are using the whole $100 now towards the revenue numbers for this month. A little slick math I think but they are genuinely excited by the numbers so that's a good thing imo.

It's just every month they aren't going to get all those annual buys they got this month from Canelo.
            So they'll report a loss for the next Canelo fight more likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
              God you are dumb as wood.

Single month plans are $19.99 and annual plans are $99.99.

DAZN reports they earned new subscriptions consisting of BOTH monthly and annual plans which exceeded 48M in revenue.

Do you understand now, BOY?
              I don't think you read all of my posts lol.

Accounting all of the $100 plans for that month obviously will lead to problems in the following months since they can't use any of that to account for their expenses. Obviously they won't have to pay Canelo most of those months, but they will have at least 1 more fight they have to pay him in that span, maybe 2, depending on when people bought.

And they must have a ton of other usual monthly expenses - I would love to look at their numbers and see what all they have going on. It was some slick accounting by DAZN but they seem happy with the numbers so that's great. I don't really expect you to understand accounting though but it's cute that you try to act smart here BJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                So they'll report a loss for the next Canelo fight more likely.
                Yeah I would just really like to know their short and long-term plans. But they seem really happy with these numbers so they probably feel they are on the right track.

Just wondering what the average revenue they need per month is to break even. And how close they are now. Interesting times, I hope they can succeed and produce good fights, and keep that monthly amount close to $10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                  It's about customer retention. Forget what happened with one fight. It's not going to stay. I paid $20 for it and already canceled it.

It's a poor platform. Horrible customer experience, zero ability to speak with anyone live, lags here and there with the highest internet speed. If you can't watch it on your TV, it's absolutely pointless.

I do not see how this company is going to stay in business in the long haul.
                  My experience so far with them has been great - I've watched it on my Roku and have had no streaming issues.

But I agree that they probably need to iron out some of the kinks you, and others, have mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    When they started it was 10 bucks. I've never canceled so they only charge me the ten still.
                    Right so that means that you pay more than me. I paid $108.00 for the year sub

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                      And they must have a ton of other usual monthly expenses - I would love to look at their numbers and see what all they have going on. It was some slick accounting by DAZN but they seem happy with the numbers so that's great. I don't really expect you to understand accounting though but it's cute that you try to act smart here BJ.
                      $6 bil in commitments over the next 5 years and a high of $277 million in revenue in 2018

Comment

Working...
                      X